Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    I don't think the UFC let's Conor take more time away from defending his title and MMA fights to box Paulie. McGregor is still under contract to the UFC and they make these decisions.

It is a bit bizarre to see all these boxers mocking McGregor. He could easily dismantle them all in a real fight and his skill is undeniable. You'd think they may have some interest in some of the movement drills he does. The head boxing trainer at my gym likes the shoulder movement drill Conor did and felt it made a lot of sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    With all the jokes being made inside boxing gyms, at Conors expense, if he does find a way to win, boxing will never recover.
    Conor beat the brakes of Paulie, the same boxing gyms would have said Conor would have no shot against Paulie if asked before they sparred.
    We saw a 15 second clip. The fuck are you talking about?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Conor beat the brakes of Paulie, the same boxing gyms would have said Conor would have no shot against Paulie if asked before they sparred.
    Interesting angle, the shown footage is embarrasing for paulie, Dana said they will release everything after the fight he also said he would give paulie 2 rounds and that was being generous.
    Dana says a lot of shit but there is no way he would lie about this, video will show what is what, every fucking word out of paulie does not jive with the truth what so ever.There were nothing close to being a pushdown, dude was rocked, dont take my word for it watch the footage
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I don't think the UFC let's Conor take more time away from defending his title and MMA fights to box Paulie. McGregor is still under contract to the UFC and they make these decisions.

It is a bit bizarre to see all these boxers mocking McGregor. He could easily dismantle them all in a real fight and his skill is undeniable. You'd think they may have some interest in some of the movement drills he does. The head boxing trainer at my gym likes the shoulder movement drill Conor did and felt it made a lot of sense.
    Whatever will generate the most money is what they will do.
    Slava Ukraini!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So how much of a difference will the 8oz gloves be vs 10oz? Floyd trying to play mind games making McGregor thinks he is gaining edge, knowing he will be that much faster with the lighter gloves?

Load Metric

Interesting angle, the shown footage is embarrasing for paulie, Dana said they will release everything after the fight he also said he would give paulie 2 rounds and that was being generous.
    Dana says a lot of shit but there is no way he would lie about this, video will show what is what, every fucking word out of paulie does not jive with the truth what so ever.There were nothing close to being a pushdown, dude was rocked, dont take my word for it watch the footage
    Interesting angle, or fact? We saw a 15 second clip. You can 'Dana said' until you're blue in the face, but the truth won't come out until the tape is released.

Maybe Paulie did get fucked up. I couldn't give a shit less if he did or didn't. You drew a conclusion based on a clip, and Dana fucking White. The UFC version of Bob Arum.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    So how much of a difference will the 8oz gloves be vs 10oz? Floyd trying to play mind games making McGregor thinks he is gaining edge, knowing he will be that much faster with the lighter gloves?
    I think that's exactly the reason Floyd asked for 8oz. Everyone thinks it's an advantage for Conor. Floyd obviously thinks the opposite.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I think that's exactly the reason Floyd asked for 8oz. Everyone thinks it's an advantage for Conor. Floyd obviously thinks the opposite.
    That and Floyd's uncle admitted they are trying to manipulate betting lines so they can place large and more profitable bets on Floyd. I think Floyd knows this fight is a cake walk so even if the gloves benefit Conor he doesn't give a shit.

Load Metric

Interesting angle, or fact? We saw a 15 second clip. You can 'Dana said' until you're blue in the face, but the truth won't come out until the tape is released.

Maybe Paulie did get fucked up. I couldn't give a shit less if he did or didn't. You drew a conclusion based on a clip, and Dana fucking White. The UFC version of Bob Arum.
    This is him talking about a video they will release, not some story that is impossible to verify, there is no fucking way he would lie about the content.

Please give me your superexpert boxing opinion about conor vs paulie if asked 2 months ago, let me guess, no way conor wins
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

This is him talking about a video they will release, not some story that is impossible to verify, there is no fucking way he would lie about the content.

Please give me your superexpert boxing opinion about conor vs paulie if asked 2 months ago, let me guess, no way conor wins

But on the other side, you have Paulie saying "release the full tape, unedited" so again, 2 sides to the story.

My superexpert boxing opinion 2 months ago, was that Paulie was old and shot, but his boxing mind could have been a huge benefit for Conor in training camp.

My superexpert boxing opinion is that if they were both given an equal amount of time to prepare, Paulie would probably out box Conor and win a decision.

Now, you tell me what Dana White would say, and we'll just consider that your "superexpert opinion."

Load Metric
    Dana White won't be releasing the entire sparring session. I'd take a bet on that.

Load Metric

But on the other side, you have Paulie saying "release the full tape, unedited" so again, 2 sides to the story.

My superexpert boxing opinion 2 months ago, was that Paulie was old and shot, but his boxing mind could have been a huge benefit for Conor in training camp.

My superexpert boxing opinion is that if they were both given an equal amount of time to prepare, Paulie would probably out box Conor and win a decision.

Now, you tell me what Dana White would say, and we'll just consider that your "superexpert opinion."
    Do you really need an explanation on why they didnt release the full 12 rounds before the fight?
    Im guessing Paulie has boxed as much as Conor in 2017 so he should be more than prepared to box someone who is 0-0 in boxing.
    And last we might as well quote Dana, I learned a long time ago never to doubt Conor.

Bigger, stronger, younger, faster, this will not be pretty.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Dana says a lot of shit but there is no way he would lie about this,
    ÀaaaahahahahahHahaha!!!!!

Good one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Dana says a lot of shit but there is no way he would lie about this,

Good one.
    Lets make a bet, if the 12 rounds get released and the truth is more in line with dana and not paulies version I win.

ANY AMOUNT
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Good one.
    Lets make a bet, if the 12 rounds get released and the truth is more in line with dana and not paulies version I win.

ANY AMOUNT
    I'll bet you that they don't even release the unedited 12 rounds, $100 and escrow with druff? Give it a 1 year dead line?

I was actually unimpressed with McGregor's boxing skills in the short 20 seconds they released. He landed a stiff straight left but otherwise looked sloppy and like a typical amateur.

Of course Dana would lie about this, and so would Paulie. We have absolutely no fucking clue what went on in the sparring. Dana needs to sell the fight and part of the sales pitch is convincing the general public that McGregor can really box. That's his motivation to lie right there and Dana has a long history of being dishonest.

Load Metric

ANY AMOUNT
    I'll bet you that they don't even release the unedited 12 rounds, $100 and escrow with druff? Give it a 1 year dead line?

I was actually unimpressed with McGregor's boxing skills in the short 20 seconds they released. He landed a stiff straight left but otherwise looked sloppy and like a typical amateur.

Of course Dana would lie about this, and so would Paulie. We have absolutely no fucking clue what went on in the sparring. Dana needs to sell the fight and part of the sales pitch is convincing the general public that McGregor can really box. That's his motivation to lie right there and Dana has a long history of being dishonest.
    No clue what happend huh, I saw a paulie that got beat like a redheaded stepchild, but I guess it was a pushdown or the ever popular conor tripped him
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Good one.

ANY AMOUNT
    way to miss the point. There is literally nothing Dana would not lie about in the promotion of a fight. THAT'S the point I was making. I have no interest at all in ever watching those sparring vids or who did what in them.

Load Metric

No clue what happend huh, I saw a paulie that got beat like a redheaded stepchild, but I guess it was a pushdown or the ever popular conor tripped him
    You're exactly the half witted fan Dana was gearing that 20 second clip for. You saw 20 seconds of their sparring. Why is this confusing for you. Dana needs to sell the fact that Conor can actually box to sell this fight. He has every motivation to lie. You can bet your ass Dana picked the very best 20 seconds of that 12 rounds and Conor still looked shitty in it. Other than the one stiff straight left he looked sloppy and it reminded me of a tough man fight.

Load Metric

You're exactly the half witted fan Dana was gearing that 20 second clip for. You saw 20 seconds of their sparring. Why is this confusing for you. Dana needs to sell the fact that Conor can actually box to sell this fight. He has every motivation to lie. You can bet your ass Dana picked the very best 20 seconds of that 12 rounds and Conor still looked shitty in it. Other than the one stiff straight left he looked sloppy and it reminded me of a tough man fight.
    half witted fan? good one.
    The video was posted in response to Paulies LIES about how he was pushed to the ground. A 2 time world champion who only retired 6 months ago got his ass beat by a guy who is 0-0 in boxing, good god one would think he would have an edge in boxing, to black eyes and crying for days on the internet.

Danas credibility is that of a saint compared to the alt reality PM is living in.
    Get back to your boxing coach and drop some more knowledge on us how this fight will end.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Why won't you take a bet with me that Dana won't release the unedited 12 rounds? If Conor kicked his ass badly they will be happy to release the footage after the fight. It would clear up all the confusion and it would also make Conor look great. They won't release it because it won't fit the narrative Dana is putting out there. I also doubt it fits the bullshit Paulie has been saying either.

It sounds like you're either a big McGregor fan or a Mayweather hater. I'm cheering for McGregor in this fight, I want to see him win but he can't. It's boxing and he's going to get absolutely played with.

Thread Information