Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    find me a prop on conor's corner throwing in the towel.
    I'd like to have that, too.

If nothing else, the guy can take a beating.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

and therein lies the rub; even if floyd wants to carry him, conor's going to press the issue and since hes never even once in his life experienced a serious beating from gloves that size, fucking yikes...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

and therein lies the rub; even if floyd wants to carry him, conor's going to press the issue and since hes never even once in his life experienced a serious beating from gloves that size, fucking yikes...
    Right. I know he'll be there to get hit. And I know he'll want to keep going. But at some point they have to step in and save him. "Save him from himself" they'll say.

Conor will be the warrior who wanted to keep going, but his corner threw in the towel.

Comments

sonatine: its got a funky beat and i can dance to it

sah_24: Agreed

ToasterOven:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I like the over 9.5 rounds at +130, but I really could also see this happening in the 11th hence why I may stay away from the distance prop (+215).
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    I just hope Floyd doesn't pot shot him and dance around to make him look foolish. Because then it's going to take a Hatton-esque knockout. Where he lands a check hook to put him down (which is certainly a possibility given Conor's leaping in) or something along those lines.

When I say I hope Floyd doesn't carry him, it's on the assumption that Conor is here for a paycheck and not really looking for a real fight.

If Conor brings the fight to Floyd, he WILL get stopped.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Mayweather wins rd 7-9 +325

Mayweather wins rd 10-12 +625

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategoriz...ervonta-davis/

And unlike any fight fan or gambler making a wild prediction, Davis is on the inside of Team Mayweather , sharing the ring and the spotlight with the 49-0 star.

After telling TMZ he definitely on the Las Vegas show, Davis was asked how he would deal with the MMA master’s challenge in a boxing match.

The Tank said: “I would knock him out, for sure.

“I believe that Floyd is going to play with him and then knock him out.

“We are definitely training together, I just left Floyd and I will be going back.

“We haven’t been sparring each other but taking it in turns and then going on the bag together.

I am inclined to believe this fight has a good chance of going down like that.

Load Metric
    what're the odds Connor does something stupid violating a rule of boxing, gets DQ'D, does that void all bets?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    what're the odds Connor does something stupid violating a rule of boxing, gets DQ'D, does that void all bets?
    I know that some books treat a DQ the same way as a KO/TKO. If Conor got dq'd in the 5th, and you had mayweather under 6 or whatever, you win.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Isn't in the contract if Conor gets dq'd he loses a shit load of money?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupe_Fiasco View Post
    yes, that has been reported.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupe_Fiasco View Post
    Yeah. Dana White confirmed that it's strictly boxing rules, and that anything Conor might do outside of the rules will cost him his purse.

Load Metric
    Floyd needs to for his accountants and his financial advisors. No doubt he still has the assets to cover what he owes, but they put him in a situation where he isn't liquid enough to cover a known expense. Fucking clown shoes.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platform...or-boxing-news

Early this morning, Bloody Elbow learned that a Floyd J. Mayweather recently filed a lawsuit in U.S. Tax Court against the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

In past experiences, U.S. Tax Court documents have not been electronically available and have taken more than a week to obtain. But when boxing’s all-time great is the apparent principal, things move quickly.

David Greisman of BoxingScene.com reports that Mayweather still owes federal taxes for 2015 and is petitioning the U.S. Tax Court for an installment agreement, specifically citing what appears to be his scheduled Aug. 26 clash with MMA superstar Conor McGregor as a “significant liquidity event” from which he intends to pay the remaining balance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Floyd needs to for his accountants and his financial advisors. No doubt he still has the assets to cover what he owes, but they put him in a situation where he isn't liquid enough to cover a known expense. Fucking clown shoes.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platform...or-boxing-news

Early this morning, Bloody Elbow learned that a Floyd J. Mayweather recently filed a lawsuit in U.S. Tax Court against the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

In past experiences, U.S. Tax Court documents have not been electronically available and have taken more than a week to obtain. But when boxing’s all-time great is the apparent principal, things move quickly.

David Greisman of BoxingScene.com reports that Mayweather still owes federal taxes for 2015 and is petitioning the U.S. Tax Court for an installment agreement, specifically citing what appears to be his scheduled Aug. 26 clash with MMA superstar Conor McGregor as a “significant liquidity event” from which he intends to pay the remaining balance.

lol @ making 200 mil in a year and asking for an installment plan from the IRS. I heard he is a really big degen slot player. He also fires at sports and posts only his winning tickets.

Imagine if you were in his inner circle how easy it would be to siphon 10 mil for your "kick ass" new shoe store business.

He is stupid enough to pull a Mike Tyson

Comments

FPS_Russia: yep

Load Metric
    Which of course makes this fight even sillier. But hey, good for him if the public is stupid enough - which they are.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If Floyd had a 100m that was easily liquidable, or chose to pay it all in one lump sum vs payments he would the dumbest person on the face of the earth.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    If Floyd had a 100m that was easily liquidable, or chose to pay it all in one lump sum vs payments he would the dumbest person on the face of the earth.
    No, the IRS would be by agreeing to it.

Besides, they do collect interest on such debts.

It would also cause him problems borrowing money while this is unpaid debt existed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

It would also cause him problems borrowing money while this is unpaid debt existed.
    They collect 3% annually.

Good luck finding a bank to loan you 9 figures at 3%. Or well.....anything at 3%.

Of course, I doubt he has a car payment or mortgage he needs to worry about, being worth a 1/2 a billion. Or many other financing needs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

They collect 3% annually.

Good luck finding a bank to loan you 9 figures at 3%. Or well.....anything at 3%.

Of course, I doubt he has a car payment or mortgage he needs to worry about, being worth a 1/2 a billion. Or many other financing needs.
    Even if 3 percent for interest is correct, he would owe penalties for non payment (assuming it is a legitimate amount owed) since this is a tax debt from 2015. He would also have liens/levies placed on his property unless he made arrangements with the IRS. The only way the IRS doesnt put liens on your property is if you setup a payment plan and owe under 50k. Or have special circumstances where a lien would effect your ability to make money and thus the IRS to get paid.

Perhaps he avoided the liens by holding out the carrot of the Conor fight and the payday that comes with it. The IRS probably also noted that a lien would have very little effect on him. I have never heard of anyone with his level of income getting rid of the penalties (which are significantly more than the interest and it isnt even close). The fact the IRS didnt levy his accounts is surprising given his lifestyle and his history of lighting money on fire. It is very well possible that they either did levy (and we did not hear about it) or there wasnt enough money to levy in the accounts. Or they are so confident in his ability to pay the money back with the Conor fight they didnt issue a levy or lien.

The only time it may make sense not to pay the IRS on time is for quarterly estimated tax payments since the penalty for not doing so is so low you could make more money with your money doing something else with it. However, this notion you can ever use the IRS as a sort of low interest instrument to borrow money simply doesn't comport with reality. Except for maybe the mob, they are the absolutely worst organization to borrow from in terms of interest and penalties. Emphasis being on penalties.

Comments

Tellafriend: See, nbh wouldn't have worked out for you
    Last edited by cmoney; 07-09-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Obvo I have no knowledge of Floyd's situation but I can say from personal experience that the IRS has changed a lot since Tim McVey did his thing, and although they will always get whats theirs, they tend to be incredibly flexible with anyone showing a sincere desire to work their situation out.

Like they arent trying to fuck around with the numbers but anyone willing to pick up the phone and speak to an agent can usually work out a profoundly painless payment plan.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Obvo I have no knowledge of Floyd's situation but I can say from personal experience that the IRS has changed a lot since Tim McVey did his thing, and although they will always get whats theirs, they tend to be incredibly flexible with anyone showing a sincere desire to work their situation out.

Like they arent trying to fuck around with the numbers but anyone willing to pick up the phone and speak to an agent can usually work out a profoundly painless payment plan.
    All Floyd has to do is go get an Apple gift card and call back the IRS hotline.

Thread Information