Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I'm more of an MMA fan these days but love both sports. The idiotic debates from either side are nauseating. Looking forward to this being done as well. There are so many interesting fights in MMA that Conor needs to deal with. I hope he loses bad enough that he doesn't come to boxing again.
    I think there's a decent chance at Malignaggi/McGregor after this is over.

With the shit they've got going on between each other, and the possibility of the full sparring tape being released, it'd sell really well, regardless if McGregor loses to Floyd or not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

and when floiiid looses its rigged amirite?
    I've never made a single excuse for a wrong pick.

Not only will he not lose, but I think he'll stop Conor.

But if he does, I'll still be here.
    Conor is a brawler not a boxer.

This "fight" will probably end in some sort of foul or disqualification.

Unfortunately that pays about the same as a Mayweather win or K.O.

Mayweather thinks he might make up to $300 million for this fight.
    McGregor might make up to $100 million.
    None of them are worth that kind of money.
    I hope very few people order this crap on pay-per-view.

Soon Conor McGregor can start his new career as an underwear model.

Load Metric
    id love to know what insanely offensive tat he had to get covered up with that retarded gorilla head
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    My only observation is since when did grown men getting tattoos in the stomach to groin area become non homosexual in nature.

Also I will call this fight for Mayweather via TKO he won't knock him out but he gonna cut that fool open good over several rounds till it's stopped.

Comments

JMM: All of this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

I've never made a single excuse for a wrong pick.

Not only will he not lose, but I think he'll stop Conor.

But if he does, I'll still be here.

Is he a brawler, though? I didn't get that vibe from him, in the couple of fights I've seen him in. Seemed more like a counter puncher type, with not so great head movement.

I do agree though that this has all the makings of some kind of bullshit ending like a DQ. But I think it'll come because Conor just overreacts and does something stupid. Low blows, rabbit punches, something of that nature. I don't think he's head kicking or anything like that.

But if not, he's going to take a beating.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Is he a brawler, though? I didn't get that vibe from him, in the couple of fights I've seen him in. Seemed more like a counter puncher type, with not so great head movement.

I do agree though that this has all the makings of some kind of bullshit ending like a DQ. But I think it'll come because Conor just overreacts and does something stupid. Low blows, rabbit punches, something of that nature. I don't think he's head kicking or anything like that.

But if not, he's going to take a beating.
    McGregor isn't a brawler or a counter puncher in MMA. He's almost always the guy moving forward but he picks his shots and he's accurate as hell. He's landed some nice counter shots for KO's and those got a lot of replays but he's never the guy backing up in MMA and I highly doubt he will be backing up vs Floyd (at least to start the fight).

Comments

JMM: Thanks

Load Metric
    conor uses positional pressure, incredibly accurate striking, and incredibly powerful striking with devastating effect.

when he faced diaz the second time, he landed a blow so hard that it damaged a nerve in one side of diaz' face. supposedly to this day diaz looks like he had a mild stroke.

that punch came out of nowhere; it wasnt a counter, it wasnt a combo. he was standing perfectly still in front of diaz and landed that shot. clean.

8 ounce gloves? marrrrronnne...

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    and not for nothing, Zab Judah knocked out Floyd sparring yesterday.*

*... according to TMT, who claim he was 'mimicking Conor's style'.

Load Metric
    I don't buy it, they are trying to manipulate the betting lines more towards McGregor so Mayweather can lay a big bet on himself. If there was a legit sparring KO that shit wouldnt leak. Mayweather usually has everything in his camp on lockdown.

Comments

sonatine: nothing about this take is unreasonable

Load Metric
    I don't buy it, they are trying to manipulate the betting lines more towards McGregor so Mayweather can lay a big bet on himself. If there was a legit sparring KO that shit wouldnt leak. Mayweather usually has everything in his camp on lockdown.

whats more, their narrative is 'wow floyd got jacked by someone fighting conors fight', which is a great advertisement for conor doing exactly what floyd solved before he ever considered signing the contract.

Load Metric
    Sonatine, have you laid some money on Mayweather for this fight? You seem nervous as hell that McGregor will win it. I truly believe you can sit back and enjoy watching a top pro clown an amateur. I also believe Floyd's chin can hold up fine with 8oz gloves even to McGregor's biggest shots. Mayweather has been hit very hard by some big punchers in his career and he's proven to be very durable.

Gold
    Load Metric
    similar rumors surfaced in 2015 during the build up to the Pac fight

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ed-in-sparring

Comments

sonatine: ooo

Load Metric
    Sonatine, have you laid some money on Mayweather for this fight? You seem nervous as hell that McGregor will win it. I truly believe you can sit back and enjoy watching a top pro clown an amateur. I also believe Floyd's chin can hold up fine with 8oz gloves even to McGregor's biggest shots. Mayweather has been hit very hard by some big punchers in his career and he's proven to be very durable.

i was positive this was going to be the other side of the toney v couture coin but the more i see people writing off conor, the more i remember how much money has been lost by people writing off conor.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    THE ORIGINAL SOURCE ON THE RECENT ZAB KO RUMOUR IS A KNOWN TWITTER TROLL ACCT. @MARIOVEGASPOST VEGAS POST DOESNT EXIST. SAME GUY STARTED THE NICK DIAZ KOING MCGREGOR CORNERMAN RUMOR OR W/E BACK AT 202.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    I'm still positive it will be. The sports are so different that without getting into a gym and training it's hard to understand. The footwork, how you can defend, the distancing. There is just no fucking way in hell a guy coming from an MMA background has a hope vs one of the all time greats in boxing. Floyd is going to play with him.

Load Metric
    I'm still positive it will be. The sports are so different that without getting into a gym and training it's hard to understand. The footwork, how you can defend, the distancing. There is just no fucking way in hell a guy coming from an MMA background has a hope vs one of the all time greats in boxing. Floyd is going to play with him.

i have a reasonable amount on floyd stopping him and enough hedged on conor in the first 4 rounds to pay for a trip to AC so fuck it.

i believe you, because im not stupid and these things seem obvious, but seriously people are writing about how confused conor is going to be getting because floyd establishes distance for his jab by tapping gloves, like soooo much of the 'conor is going to get murdered' narratives come from people who absolutely positively have never even watched an MMA fight.

thats why im so skittish.

Load Metric
    With all the jokes being made inside boxing gyms, at Conors expense, if he does find a way to win, boxing will never recover.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    With all the jokes being made inside boxing gyms, at Conors expense, if he does find a way to win, boxing will never recover.
    Conor beat the brakes of Paulie, the same boxing gyms would have said Conor would have no shot against Paulie if asked before they sparred.
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information