Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    re: glove size. I think it benefits Floyd to the extent that, he knows he's going to touch Conor whenever he wants, and he has no real fear of Conor, regardless of glove size.

Also, I'm on record saying that Floyd will be the puncher in this fight. Conor is getting stopped imo regardless of 8 or 10oz. I truly believe that.

re: Paulie - The concerning part should be for Conor backers. Paulie is shot to shit. He was fat, and off the couch for this sparring. One of Conor's other sparring partners said "It wasn't one sided either way, but I thought Conor was clearly the winner."

If you want to have a chance at beating Floyd Mayweather, you had better goddamn well do better than "not one sided either way" against old, shot, fat, Paulie Malignaggi.

In your entire life as a boxing fan has a camp ever reported that the sparring partner won?

If the reports were nothing but, "Holy shit Conor worked him." would you necessarily believe them?

At what percent would the sparring partner come at Conor in a scenario like this? Would he be trying to go fro his head and try for knock outs?

Let's say a golfing long drive champion was transitioning to the PGA tour and faced off with a 60 year old fat ex PGA golfer. I know its different and non contact but thats the best comparison I can come up with. The 60 year old is gonna beat the long drive dude every single day. I truly believe Paulie could win a fight against an in shape Conor. I'm totally sold on the "this is not his sport" arguement.

Floyd KO's him in 3 rounds or less and mostly likely in the first round. That is the only possibility here no matter what angle I look at this from.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    sonatine: brittney wants attention offset

Who doesn't?

But also it's very frustrating to even fathom someone believing this guy was actually frustrated. For fucks sake he's so part of the show that he was literally the host of that first press conference posted right in this thread. Then on top of that do people actually think he went into a fucking sparring match with a killer instinct, trying his hardest with hopes of knocking out the guy paying him right before the fight? People have zero common sense. I know you are all trolling but god fucking damn if you aren't convincing sometimes.

JMM GET YOUR ASS IN HERE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE THIS ANYMORE.
    This is actually a pretty popular opinion.

There's a whole lot of people out there who believe every bit of this shit has been set up from the jump.

And after that press tour, who could blame them?

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit:

Load Metric
    re: glove size. I think it benefits Floyd to the extent that, he knows he's going to touch Conor whenever he wants, and he has no real fear of Conor, regardless of glove size.

Also, I'm on record saying that Floyd will be the puncher in this fight. Conor is getting stopped imo regardless of 8 or 10oz. I truly believe that.

re: Paulie - The concerning part should be for Conor backers. Paulie is shot to shit. He was fat, and off the couch for this sparring. One of Conor's other sparring partners said "It wasn't one sided either way, but I thought Conor was clearly the winner."

If you want to have a chance at beating Floyd Mayweather, you had better goddamn well do better than "not one sided either way" against old, shot, fat, Paulie Malignaggi.

In your entire life as a boxing fan has a camp ever reported that the sparring partner won?

If the reports were nothing but, "Holy shit Conor worked him." would you necessarily believe them?

At what percent would the sparring partner come at Conor in a scenario like this? Would he be trying to go fro his head and try for knock outs?

Let's say a golfing long drive champion was transitioning to the PGA tour and faced off with a 60 year old fat ex PGA golfer. I know its different and non contact but thats the best comparison I can come up with. The 60 year old is gonna beat the long drive dude every single day. I truly believe Paulie could win a fight against an in shape Conor. I'm totally sold on the "this is not his sport" arguement.

Floyd KO's him in 3 rounds or less and mostly likely in the first round. That is the only possibility here no matter what angle I look at this from.

I think we're kind of arguing the same point here.

It wasn't that the sparring partner said that Conor won, that I was talking about. It's the "it wasn't one sided either way." Seems like he'd just say "Yeah, Conor put it on him" and leave it alone for people to accept or not accept. Addressing that Paulie was competitive in there is what made me think it may be truthful. And if out of shape Paulie was winning those middle rounds against Conor, he's in big trouble. Paulie mentioned he was sharper in the 2nd sparring session than the first. So I would imagine by the 4th or 5th, he'd have been winning virtually every round.

If you put Paulie and Conor in an 8 week camp to prepare to fight each other, I don't think Conor would have a chance in hell.

Like you said, this is not his sport. Everything is different. I don't see this ever being competitive. It goes until Floyd wants to end it.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit:

Load Metric
    Also, it's really hard to know what's real, and what's just an attempt at building the hype for the fight.

The whole fucking thing feels WWE-ish.

I'm just sitting back with hope that it's a real fight, and not just a spectacle, because if it's a real fight, Floyd is going to fuck this dude up.
    I agree with this, in fact I've lost a lot of interest in the fight and probably won't drop the $100 to watch it. If Floyd cares and isn't looking to set something up for a rematch he absolutely clowns McGregor in humiliating fashion, I want to believe this fight is legit and I'm happy to pay $100 to see a lesson get taught. Don't fuck with world class athletes in another man's sport.

Comments

JMM:

Load Metric
    Also, it's really hard to know what's real, and what's just an attempt at building the hype for the fight.

The whole fucking thing feels WWE-ish.

I'm just sitting back with hope that it's a real fight, and not just a spectacle, because if it's a real fight, Floyd is going to fuck this dude up.
    sonatine: brittney wants attention offset

Who doesn't?

But also it's very frustrating to even fathom someone believing this guy was actually frustrated. For fucks sake he's so part of the show that he was literally the host of that first press conference posted right in this thread. Then on top of that do people actually think he went into a fucking sparring match with a killer instinct, trying his hardest with hopes of knocking out the guy paying him right before the fight? People have zero common sense. I know you are all trolling but god fucking damn if you aren't convincing sometimes.

JMM GET YOUR ASS IN HERE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE THIS ANYMORE.
    This is actually a pretty popular opinion.

There's a whole lot of people out there who believe every bit of this shit has been set up from the jump.

And after that press tour, who could blame them?

I think we're kind of arguing the same point here.

It wasn't that the sparring partner said that Conor won, that I was talking about. It's the "it wasn't one sided either way." Seems like he'd just say "Yeah, Conor put it on him" and leave it alone for people to accept or not accept. Addressing that Paulie was competitive in there is what made me think it may be truthful. And if out of shape Paulie was winning those middle rounds against Conor, he's in big trouble. Paulie mentioned he was sharper in the 2nd sparring session than the first. So I would imagine by the 4th or 5th, he'd have been winning virtually every round.

If you put Paulie and Conor in an 8 week camp to prepare to fight each other, I don't think Conor would have a chance in hell.

Like you said, this is not his sport. Everything is different. I don't see this ever being competitive. It goes until Floyd wants to end it.

OMG OMG OMG. I wasn't arguing with you. I just didn't see any of your follow up posts and rage quit this thread. But I'm super surprised that you are saying my opinion is pretty popular. I wouldn't have been surprised if I read that a few hours ago but considering I sifted through youtube for at least an hour looking for just one person that had an opinion similar to mine (and couldn't) I'm very surprised to hear it now. What I learned in the hour was basically everyones general opinion which was interesting.

Every single ex boxer ever: " Conor who? Don't ask me about that shit. Ask me about a real fight." (As anger builds higher and higher as the same questioning continues)

Boxing Fans: "I wasn't gonna buy this shit but if he can hang with Paulie it might actually last a round or two."

UFC Fans: OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG CAN I SPEND 200 Dollars for this please? This is going to be the best day of my fucking life."

Boxing Commentators: "Conor exagerated about the sparring match."

UFC Commentators: "Paulie exagerated about the sparring match."

Added reasons to why I think the sparring match was fake after listening to a lot of this. (not fake as in no punches thrown mind you)

1. Casual boxing fans interest level seemed to go up after this sparring match. Paulie may be old and out of shape but he is certainly well known to all boxing people. Floyd's team should have paid Paulie because Floyd will have more fans watching this because of this. Conor could not possibly get more fans.

2. Conor picking Paulie as his sparring partner to begin with. Why would you want someone old and retired to spar with? Wouldn't you want a young and in shape guy? What possibly could the advantage of picking Paulie be other than selling more tickets. (when you've already sold way more than your share and it's boxing people hesitant mind you)

3. Paulie claiming he didn't get paid for sparring and wants no money. Jesus fucking Christ did he actually say that? Can you even imagine how long the contract actually was and how many lawyers must have viewed it. What if Conor would just flipped out and reverted back to UFC and put Paulie in a wheel chair for the rest of his life? How anyone could believe Paulie didn't thoroughly cover his ass while collecting a nice dollar figure is beyond me.

4. No non-disclosure agreement. Paulie blabbing all over everywhere about the fucking sparring match. Like he can just run to Floyd and tell him even more supposedly. Completely laughable to even entertain such a notion.

Even though I'm 1000 times more convinced the sparring match was a show than I was when I wrote my earliar posts I will still be interested in this fight. Luckily for boxing fans is even if the real fight is fake it's in everyones best interest for Mayweather to win quickly... which is exactly what would happen if it was real. So there's that.

Load Metric
    Yeah there's a pretty big crowd of boxing fans out there who believe it's all just one big shit show, set up from the jump. Right down to the photo of Paulie on the mat being staged.

I don't think anyone got really hype for the fight during the press tour. It felt so staged it's ridiculous. I'd have much rather seen a more relaxed demeanor from them both, to at least give a hint of "we genuinely dislike each other."

Like I said, I'm just sitting back and hoping for the best. I'm a fight guy. I don't really get into all the "extra" bullshit. People on the boxing forums arguing about staged or not staged, purse bids, bank accounts and who their favorite promotion is. At the end of the day, I just want to see a fight.

I heard a bit from a podcast the other day, a guy said "people aren't tuning in to see who wins, they're tuning in to see what happens." I think that's a pretty perfect way to describe it.

Comments

El Gallo: Agreed.

Shizzmoney: tuning in rep

Load Metric
    I agree. I do think the press tour and all the bullshit is going to hurt their ppv buys. Meltzer had the over-under on this at 7.5m buys and I think it comes in well under that now. I prefer the ufc style press conferences, sit the fighters up there, let the press ask questions and see what happens. It usually gets nasty and it generally seems legit. I also read recently that they are having a hard time selling out the venue.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I agree. I do think the press tour and all the bullshit is going to hurt their ppv buys. Meltzer had the over-under on this at 7.5m buys and I think it comes in well under that now. I prefer the ufc style press conferences, sit the fighters up there, let the press ask questions and see what happens. It usually gets nasty and it generally seems legit. I also read recently that they are having a hard time selling out the venue.
    With "cheap" seats at $3500, I'd imagine they're going to have a hell of a time selling out.

Folks who can afford to spend $3500 on a ticket probably don't want to be sitting at the top of the arena, lol.

Load Metric
    some people seem to be taking a lot of glee in the fact the thing isn't sold out, but they've already sold over $60 million worth of tickets, so its hard to call it anything but a massive success already, 2nd largest LV boxing gate ever, and well within striking range of the record of this event gets hot the week of.

Anyway, let's enjoy us some Jeff Mayweather.

Load Metric
    Zuffa looking to co-promote May/McG.

Bottom of Page 1.

View on scribd here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/356088154/  

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    some people seem to be taking a lot of glee in the fact the thing isn't sold out, but they've already sold over $60 million worth of tickets, so its hard to call it anything but a massive success already, 2nd largest LV boxing gate ever, and well within striking range of the record of this event gets hot the week of.

Anyway, let's enjoy us some Jeff Mayweather.

That's funny. I was just telling some guys the other day, I think he can beat McGregor the way he beat Gatti, if he wants to.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_3646.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  221.0 KB

OMG!!!!!!! This fight is going to set records on handle!!!!!

(Ticket is a fake, odds don't line up)
    Last edited by Daly; 08-11-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Covers_Vegas and David Wayne Purdum have confirmed the ticket is real:

http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Covers_Vegas and David Wayne Purdum have confirmed the ticket is real:

Yup just read the above. They rewrote the ticket as two $440,000 bets as the system has a $1M limit.

Load Metric
    I watched Mayweather's open workout earlier. Watching McGregor's now.

Mayweather looks sharp. He seemed to be taking a few more "breaks" where he talks a little shit between hitting the bag, than what he normally would.

But he's sitting down on his shots, and looks like he's focusing on body punching.

Conor looks....ok. He's got some awkward movements that will definitely make him harder to time. He's focusing strongly on his uppercuts, and switching from southpaw to orthodox and back. I didn't realize that he converted to southpaw. Makes for a good, strong jab. He's telegraphing his hooks and uppercuts pretty badly, though. Almost to the point of slightly winding it up. That doesn't necessarily mean they can't land. But if I see him dipping his shoulder before he throws an uppercut, Floyd certainly will.

Load Metric
    dumbest fight ever? That being said I hope the irishman knocks that illiterate cocksuckers head off

JMM you sir are a know it all fag

Comments

JMM: Come on, bro. Just because I know more than you, doesn't mean I know it ALL.

Brittney Griner's Clit: red for making my brain hurt

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    My wife is gonna be pissed.

Comments

The_Lurker: break the news to her gently

Load Metric

I don't think anyone got really hype for the fight during the press tour.

All I could think of when watching it was; Conor is not a street dude, and this is what he thinks a street dude acts like.

Comments

Shizzmoney: this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    dumbest fight ever? That being said I hope the irishman knocks that illiterate cocksuckers head off

He basically only posts in boxing threads and even then he talks down to nobody even though he easily could. He is the antithesis of a know-it-all.

Comments

JMM:

Thread Information