Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    does this fight even last 1 round?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    I think for sure, Mayweather has pillow fists and the early rounds is when Conor will be dangerous. I think Mayweather uses his defense and is fairly passive early. I think Conor has a chance at winning a round or two early on just because he'll be pushing the action and throwing more.

Don't take that to mean this fight will be competitive, I don't think it will but Mayweather is smart as hell and will play it safe early.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

I would take prop bet on both sides as "who the fuck knows" sort of thing for round 1. After a 3-4 rounds, I think it is Mayweather decision.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    how can mcgreg even fight a clean fight w/o subconsciously doing that mma shit and get points against, or possibly being dq'd?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Granted I've only seen a few McGregor fights, but he's never really struck me as some agressive, come forward, press the action type of fighter.

I think he'll know what he's in for pretty early. When he misses his power punches by 8 inches and gets countered.

Conor thinks he can knock Floyd out with one punch. Wouldn't be a shock to see Mayweather walking him down.

I know it sounds crazy because "lol Mayweather can't hit hard" but I'd be more surprised if this thing goes the distance. Mayweather can and should stop this guy. He is absolutely on another fucking planet in a boxing ring than Conor is. If he presses the action, he'll be the puncher in the fight.

Load Metric
    if conor flash kos him, im going to be very sad about what people are going to say about boxing.

Comments

JMM: This.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    JMM, did you ever post in the boxing forum of sherdog? I also agree that Mayweather likely stops him but I still think the early rounds play out passive. McGregor has next to no shot of winning this thing but if he does land the lottery shot I think it only happens early and I believe Mayweather will fight accordingly.m

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    JMM, did you ever post in the boxing forum of sherdog? I also agree that Mayweather likely stops him but I still think the early rounds play out passive. McGregor has next to no shot of winning this thing but if he does land the lottery shot I think it only happens early and I believe Mayweather will fight accordingly.m
    Nah I don't think I ever signed up for an account on Sherdog.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    SMART MOVE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

SMART MOVE.
    20 years ago or so the boxing forum was legit awesome. Off Topic was solid as well. MMA was in its infancy and it was a small tight community, sherdog forums are fucking atrocious now.

Load Metric
    Granted I've only seen a few McGregor fights, but he's never really struck me as some agressive, come forward, press the action type of fighter.

I think he'll know what he's in for pretty early. When he misses his power punches by 8 inches and gets countered.

Conor thinks he can knock Floyd out with one punch. Wouldn't be a shock to see Mayweather walking him down.

I know it sounds crazy because "lol Mayweather can't hit hard" but I'd be more surprised if this thing goes the distance. Mayweather can and should stop this guy. He is absolutely on another fucking planet in a boxing ring than Conor is. If he presses the action, he'll be the puncher in the fight.
    This can't be a defensive fight. I have to go to him," Mayweather said of McGregor. "I owe the public because of the Pacquiao fight. They weren't pleased with that. They're gonna be pleased with this fight here."
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

This can't be a defensive fight. I have to go to him," Mayweather said of McGregor. "I owe the public because of the Pacquiao fight. They weren't pleased with that. They're gonna be pleased with this fight here."
    Yeah he keeps saying he's going to go after McGregor. Hopefully he's not just talking shit.

Load Metric
    He's gotta sell a fight after the general public not enjoying his last one. His words are meaningless. I do think he will go after him in the middle rounds and get him out of there sometime after 6.

Load Metric
    He always says he's going to go after fighters, but never does. I don't know whether he is lying or if the fact that he breaks his hands by the 4th round 100% of the time plays into it.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    He does what he needs to do in the ring to win, and he says what he needs to say outside the ring to sell. Pretty solid combination, right there.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I enjoy his fights, his defense is so good it's almost comical at times. He made Pacquiao look hilariously bad for about 80% of that fight. The average sports fan tunes into boxing hoping to see someone get hurt and they have no clue what they are watching. I've heard people try to argue Pacquiao won that fight and it was a fucking blow out.

Load Metric
    The thing that makes me nervous about this fight, simply put;

Mayweather sounds like every other MMA god who proclaimed how badly they were going to demolish Conor before waking up and asking the ref what happened.

Load Metric
    I enjoy his fights, his defense is so good it's almost comical at times. He made Pacquiao look hilariously bad for about 80% of that fight. The average sports fan tunes into boxing hoping to see someone get hurt and they have no clue what they are watching. I've heard people try to argue Pacquiao won that fight and it was a fucking blow out.
    I never heard anyone say Pacquiao won that fight... He might have 2 MAYBE 3 rounds, but he was picked apart. I'd like to believe he really was badly injured, but he didn't have it anymore by the time he fought Mayweather. Mayweather's style of boxing has allowed him to be able to fight well into his late 30's and still be on top. I can tell you for certain though, that if he were to fight Canelo today, it would be a very different outcome than when Canelo was 21.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    The thing that makes me nervous about this fight, simply put;

Mayweather sounds like every other MMA god who proclaimed how badly they were going to demolish Conor before waking up and asking the ref what happened.
    I agree, but this is Floyds world, Floyds rules. It'd be bigger than Buster/Tyson if Conor pulls this off imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    I never heard anyone say Pacquiao won that fight... He might have 2 MAYBE 3 rounds, but he was picked apart. I'd like to believe he really was badly injured, but he didn't have it anymore by the time he fought Mayweather. Mayweather's style of boxing has allowed him to be able to fight well into his late 30's and still be on top. I can tell you for certain though, that if he were to fight Canelo today, it would be a very different outcome than when Canelo was 21.
    Oh, there are people out there who argue that Pacquiao won. They're delusional, but they're out there.

Floyd would still beat Canelo. Canelo's style doesn't work against Floyd's. Canelo might win 4 rounds this time, rather than 0.

The only time Canelo ever beats Floyd, is when Floyd is too old to be a competitive fighter.

Thread Information