Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Paulie telling them to release the full, unedited video pretty much shuts down anything they can say.

No way to know for sure, but if old, fat, fresh off the plane Paulie got the better of Conor, he's 100% fucked.

The pictures of Paulie do have him looking puffed up though. So Conor definitely had his moments.

I think Mayweather by decision is a good bet. Conor cant hang with a professional boxer but he can hang with any punishment that is given and he wont get tired.

If Conor can make it 6 rounds I think he gasses out. I know MMA requires a lot better cardio, but Conor's conditioning has never been anything fantastic. Mayweather can box for much longer without getting gassed:
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Paulie telling them to release the full, unedited video pretty much shuts down anything they can say.

No way to know for sure, but if old, fat, fresh off the plane Paulie got the better of Conor, he's 100% fucked.

The pictures of Paulie do have him looking puffed up though. So Conor definitely had his moments.

I think Mayweather by decision is a good bet. Conor cant hang with a professional boxer but he can hang with any punishment that is given and he wont get tired.
    I'm not certain Conor won't get tired. While MMA is an entirely different sport and infinitely more tiring, Conors gas tank has been dog shit in 2 of his last 3 fights. I believe Conor will throw big shots early looking to end the fight, that's his only chance to win this thing. If he does that he will fade and Mayweather will terrorize him if that happens in the middle rounds.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 08-04-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Load Metric

It's certainly possible. Conor can take a crazy amount of punishment.

I just can't imagine Mayweather not pressing the gas against this guy. I don't think Conor would quit in a million years. But I think we could see a corner or ref stoppage. There's so much talk about Conor's power, but I think Floyd can easily end up being the puncher in this fight.

Load Metric
    $99.95

I know it's already been established what a farce this all is. But don't do it boys.

Even if the money means nothing to you, go watch it in a bar or something instead. Do not contribute to the biggest sporting SCAM in living memory.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    $99.95

I know it's already been established what a farce this all is. But don't do it boys.

Even if the money means nothing to you, go watch it in a bar or something instead. Do not contribute to the biggest sporting SCAM in living memory.

Bars don't get to show it for free.

If you're watching it on anything other than a free stream, you're contributing.

Load Metric
    $99.95

If you're watching it on anything other than a free stream, you're contributing.

Oh right, sucks. Didn't realize bars were not permitted to show PPV events.

Here they can but have to stump up around 10x the normal household asking price.

Load Metric

Here they can but have to stump up around 10x the normal household asking price.
    They used to show it illegally quite a bit around me at bars. They would pay for a consumer cable account for the regular amount.

Then bars started getting hit with 10-20k fines and they all switched over to paying full price.

For UFC or PPV events they base it on capacity and it's absolutely ridiculous the price. A small pub in town with maybe 100 people tops is looking at like $1200 or so.

They tend not to bother since they'll get the same 100 people whether there is a fight or not.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mayweather to win the fight is the best bet, IMO not even worth messing with the other stuff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

They used to show it illegally quite a bit around me at bars. They would pay for a consumer cable account for the regular amount.

Then bars started getting hit with 10-20k fines and they all switched over to paying full price.

For UFC or PPV events they base it on capacity and it's absolutely ridiculous the price. A small pub in town with maybe 100 people tops is looking at like $1200 or so.

They tend not to bother since they'll get the same 100 people whether there is a fight or not.

Sounds like that could be some sort of trading law in place. Meaning they're obliged to offer the service but can charge what they want to try discourage.

Same probably applies here and could well be more than 10x the amount. I just remember it used to be that amount ish.

Pubs here for years have been showing live Premier League games on Saturdays at 3pm by tuning into US & Can TV stations using special sat boxes, which was strictly forbidden but they were still getting away it.

Now though, tons of bars all over the country have been smashed with ludicrous fines and are literally putting their businesses at risk just by showing a 3pm game.

The great British public is in a real panic over it.

Load Metric
    In the US, its expected to be around $25 * capacity for May/Mac.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    In the US, its expected to be around $25 * capacity for May/Mac.
    I think for UFC it is around $12/person per my example of 100 people in the bar = $1200.

The funny part is they base it on capacity, not who actually walks in the door.

They tried to skirt the law by showing it just in a back room with a "capacity" of 10 people (it could easily fit 30 people) but apparently the cable companies got wise to that.

Load Metric
    $99.95

I know the fight will be a joke, I'm well aware that Conor likely wouldn't even do well vs a top level amateur boxer, in fact he might even struggle with a mediocre amateur boxer but I'm still dropping my $100 and buying this shit. I can't resist the spectacle of it all. Who fucking cares how another man chooses to spend his money?

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's going to be shown on some AMC theaters (probably other ones too) for $40 a person.

I think bdubs is charging $20 to $30 a person from what I heard but I dunno.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    $99.95

I know the fight will be a joke, I'm well aware that Conor likely wouldn't even do well vs a top level amateur boxer, in fact he might even struggle with a mediocre amateur boxer but I'm still dropping my $100 and buying this shit. I can't resist the spectacle of it all. Who fucking cares how another man chooses to spend his money?

Real or otherwise, America does love a show. Hence the lol $99.95.

The mouthy amateur pikey appreciates your contribution to the most expensive pantomime in history.

Load Metric
    For me it's money well spent to watch McGregor get totally exposed in boxing. I am not dropping the $100 to watch a competitive fight. I want to see a man get undressed, beaten to the body and finished. I want to see him quit the way he did in the first Diaz fight. I also don't think McGregor can take shots and punishment as well as was mentioned in this thread. He has quit in him and it came out in a big way vs Diaz in their first fight. The second Diaz fight while entertaining was a fucking shit show, two gassed out idiots looking like amateurs rounds 3-5.

If anything about this fight is staged and I think there is some risk of that it will be a fucking waste of money. I worry that with the big money to be made Floyd might make it more competitive than it should be in hopes of a rematch. Dave Meltzer is a master at estimating ppv buys and he guessed this one at 7.5m buys. I could see some bullshit going down for money numbers like that would being in.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Another angle on this fight

There's always a possibility that it could be fixed

History shows fighters have thrown fights for monetary reasons

Floyd could be bought up to lose, coz every man and his dog knows that he is a 100% cert to win, so all that high stakes action would be enough to pay FMM his $300 mill and make a tidy killing on top.

Comments

sonatine: WATER CANT CURVE YALL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Of course setting up the trilogy

After schooling him for several rounds as expected, what an unexpected upset when McG lands that left square on the chin

Mayweather has no big money options after this fight - other than an epic sequel at least

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And Sonatine

If u wish to debate anything intellectual I suggest u start a thread chief

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Sounds like that could be some sort of trading law in place. Meaning they're obliged to offer the service but can charge what they want to try discourage.

Same probably applies here and could well be more than 10x the amount. I just remember it used to be that amount ish.

Pubs here for years have been showing live Premier League games on Saturdays at 3pm by tuning into US & Can TV stations using special sat boxes, which was strictly forbidden but they were still getting away it.

Now though, tons of bars all over the country have been smashed with ludicrous fines and are literally putting their businesses at risk just by showing a 3pm game.

The great British public is in a real panic over it.
    Bars in the US get charged by maximum fire safety capacity. Whatever it is, that is how the fee is determined.

Although a Direct TV guy was telling me one day that you can just order it from a house, bring the receiver to the bar and they can't tell that is has been moved.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was shocked when I saw this.

https://twitter.com/DavidPurdum/status/894675291070705666

David Payne Purdum‏Verified account @DavidPurdum Aug 7
    .@CGTechnology_ took a six-figure bet on Floyd Mayweather (-550) this weekend. It's the book's largest bet on the fight yet, per @jsimbal.

Thread Information