Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Can we really expect Conor to go 12 rounds hard after seeing him "gas" twice against Diaz in basically 2 boxing matches minus 20 seconds & the ground finish in the first one. I get it that the rounds are shorter but there's no way he's getting around that IMO. He has to finish within 4-5 rounds & completely agree with sonatine on this & like his play there for that reason. If Mayweather survives the first few rounds, which I believe he will, I think he'll be able to finish this whenever he wants. Conor will be dead tired by round 6 or 7 & looking for a soft landing spot.

Also, how is he going to deal with carrying around an extra 6oz on his hands for 12 rounds & I believe this will take a lot of sting & speed off his punches not to mention needing larger holes to land the clean shots necessary & Mayweather is pretty good at deflecting these shots.

He has a punchers chance just like every boxer has a chance against an MMA fighter, Ray Mercer comes to mind, because every round starts standing & if they can land the proper shot, & put them on queer street, they can win.
    I think 5, 5 minute rounds of punching, kicking, grappling, takedowns, submission attempts, etc. is pretty comparable to 12 rounds in boxing. But 12 rounds against Mayweather is different, because you spend so much time and energy trying to find him and hit him. It takes a lot of energy out of you to keep missing with punches.

Once Conor gets tired, I really think Floyd is going to hurt him with a body shot.

Load Metric

This whole show is a fucking circus.
    It is an exhibition fight that means nothing and is being put on only to make money.

It will only end in disqualification against McGregor.
    After this fight, McGregor will make his debut as a runaway model.

Want to see a real fight?

Wait until September 16th 2017.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin will knockout Canelo Álvarez in Las Vegas.

If Mayweather fought GGG he would get his ass knocked out.

Comments

sah_24: Thats gonna be a good fight to watch, looking forward to it !

big dick: Agree with you entire post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

This whole show is a fucking circus.
    It is an exhibition fight that means nothing and is being put on only to make money.

It will only end in disqualification against McGregor.
    After this fight, McGregor will make his debut as a runaway model.

Want to see a real fight?

Wait until September 16th 2017.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin will knockout Canelo Álvarez in Las Vegas.

If Mayweather fought GGG he would get his ass knocked out.
    Jesus christ. I'd hope Floyd would "get his ass knocked out" against GGG.

40 years old, in what would be his 6th weight class. GGG hasn't fought anyone with a pulse, and has only fought at 160.

He was scared to even mention Ward's name. Ward had to go up and get Kovalev because GGG didn't want it.

Canelo by decision.

Load Metric
    Ay bro. I bet GGG would get his ass knocked out if he fought Anthony Joshua.

Fucking retard logic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Can we really expect Conor to go 12 rounds hard after seeing him "gas" twice against Diaz in basically 2 boxing matches minus 20 seconds & the ground finish in the first one. I get it that the rounds are shorter but there's no way he's getting around that IMO. He has to finish within 4-5 rounds & completely agree with sonatine on this & like his play there for that reason. If Mayweather survives the first few rounds, which I believe he will, I think he'll be able to finish this whenever he wants. Conor will be dead tired by round 6 or 7 & looking for a soft landing spot.

Also, how is he going to deal with carrying around an extra 6oz on his hands for 12 rounds & I believe this will take a lot of sting & speed off his punches not to mention needing larger holes to land the clean shots necessary & Mayweather is pretty good at deflecting these shots.

He has a punchers chance just like every boxer has a chance against an MMA fighter, Ray Mercer comes to mind, because every round starts standing & if they can land the proper shot, & put them on queer street, they can win.
    I think 5, 5 minute rounds of punching, kicking, grappling, takedowns, submission attempts, etc. is pretty comparable to 12 rounds in boxing. But 12 rounds against Mayweather is different, because you spend so much time and energy trying to find him and hit him. It takes a lot of energy out of you to keep missing with punches.

Once Conor gets tired, I really think Floyd is going to hurt him with a body shot.
    Yeah a 5 round MMA fight is gruelling, but he didn't gas after 5 rounds of grappling, takedowns, submission attempts, etc. He gassed badly in the 2nd then noticeably slowed down in the 3rd round & basically held on to a decision victory for the final 2 rounds in what were basically striking/boxing matches against Diaz so I don't see how he's possibly going 12 rounds against Mayweather. I just can't see him improving his stamina to that point & these were in fights where he didn't have to contend with any significant weight cut.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but I don't recall any significant grappling moments in the second fight & there were none in the first fight until the finish.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

Fucking retard logic.

It's not that crazy. Mayweather faught at 154. I agree though, that GGG is a giant compared to Mayweather and there is no comparison since Mayweather walks around at 145 -160 all year and GGG walks around at 175 - 185. GGG has boxed with some good boxers, but most of the big names have ducked him for years. Glad Canelo finally stood up unlike Cotto and others.

GGG should put on 10 pounds and fight Ward. That would also be fun to watch.... a fight I believe Ward would win.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

Fucking retard logic.

It's not that crazy. Mayweather faught at 154. I agree though, that GGG is a giant compared to Mayweather and there is no comparison since Mayweather walks around at 145 -160 all year and GGG walks around at 175 - 185. GGG has boxed with some good boxers, but most of the big names have ducked him for years. Glad Canelo finally stood up unlike Cotto and others.

GGG should put on 10 pounds and fight Ward. That would also be fun to watch.... a fight I believe Ward would win.
    It is kind of crazy when you consider that Mayweather at 154 is his 5th weight class. I'm not even a huge Mayweather fan, I just always end up defending him, because people put unrealistic expectations on him, because they want to see him lose.

What if we say "ok, GGG needs to come down to 147 to fight Mayweather" ? People would say it's ridiculous. He's way too small for 160. No one should be calling for that fight. But they should (as you said) expect GGG to go up and fight Ward, if he beats Canelo.

Load Metric
    I believe Conor has a suspect gas tank and Floyd will fight a few rounds very safe then take over and get Conor out of there mid to later rounds. I haven't checked the odds, any line on whether Conor wins a round or not? I believe based on ring generalship Conor may sneak a round out early when Floyd fights safe with little offensive output. I still think he's a dog to win a round but depending on the line might be worth a bet.

For the past 22 years I've regularly trained in Muay Thai, boxing and some MMA work and it's a world of difference for cardio. Throwing even a leg kick is far more taxing than punches, standing clinch work is also exhausting. I still think Conor will have cardio issues but you can't compare boxing to MMA. A 5 minute MMA conditioning round is a nightmare to get through while it's fucking hard to gas just throwing punches.

Load Metric

Yeah a 5 round MMA fight is gruelling, but he didn't gas after 5 rounds of grappling, takedowns, submission attempts, etc. He gassed badly in the 2nd then noticeably slowed down in the 3rd round & basically held on to a decision victory for the final 2 rounds in what were basically striking/boxing matches against Diaz so I don't see how he's possibly going 12 rounds against Mayweather. I just can't see him improving his stamina to that point & these were in fights where he didn't have to contend with any significant weight cut.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but I don't recall any significant grappling moments in the second fight & there were none in the first fight until the finish.
    Conor threw a lot of kicks and they clinched up a ton, that shit is hard work. Conor is also very explosive and puts a lot into all his strikes. With the bigger gloves, no kicks, no clinch work and an assumption that Conor won't put everything behind every shot (he might given a lack of boxing experience) he should show a lot better cardio in boxing than he does in MMA. Will it be enough to get through 12 rounds? I highly doubt it but it shouldn't go to shit in round 2 or 3 like we've seen in MMA.

One weird thing though, Conor in some of his earlier MMA fights seemed to show pretty solid cardio. He looked good despite being injured for all 3 rounds vs Max Halloway. I think his desire to get the KO causes him to throw too hard and blow his wad early.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fuck it. UFC isn't gonna get more fans if Conor wins. Every knuckle head already watches. Boxing will get more fans though if a guy not even known for knockouts destroys him. And even worse if Conor beats him is fringe boxing fans that like UFC equally will now be turned off from boxing. All that will be left is JMM and Rocky Balboa. The money people can not afford to not have the boxing guy win this. And the quicker the better IMO.

Also I have outs because of the whole "dude not even from this sport is fighting the best" thing. In case that matters.

687 Mayweather knocks down McGregor round 1 +800

1099 Mayweather wins in round 1 +2000

737 Mayweather wins in first 60 seconds +4000

Comments

JMM: Truth.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 07-23-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Load Metric
    I think you're throwing money away betting on anything interesting from Mayweather in round one. He's gonna defense up and look to wear McGregor out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I think you're throwing money away betting on anything interesting from Mayweather in round one. He's gonna defense up and look to wear McGregor out.

The odds I took reflect your sentiment. I won't be shocked if I'm wrong. My bet is solely on there being a puppet master and for that puppet master to think its best the boxer wins... FAST. Huge boost for boxing and UFC takes it in stride. A long grueling fight is almost like the MMA guy winning. To be clear I got most of this information on vision quest (drive to get cigarettes)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Bet $ 500.00 to win $ 10,000.00
    Result: Pending
    McGregor vs Mayweather - Pick the Rnd (12 Full Rds=Loss)
    01 Round Mayweather Wins
    08/26/17 23:05 EDT
    20/1

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: glgl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Bet $ 500.00 to win $ 10,000.00
    Result: Pending
    McGregor vs Mayweather - Pick the Rnd (12 Full Rds=Loss)
    01 Round Mayweather Wins
    08/26/17 23:05 EDT
    20/1

BALLLLLLLIN. I've got nothing like that down. Hopefully by before the fight I will. At least also bet the Mayweather under 3 rounds as well. Would suck to be right but not right enough.

Load Metric
    It'll be tough for boxing if Mayweather loses. The very best boxer in the world, against a guy with no pro boxing experience. MMA fans would never shut up. And rightfully so. There's absolutely no reason for Mayweather to lose. Even at 40 with a 2 year layoff. Conor is off a....fucking forever layoff, in a pro boxing ring.

UFC wins either way. Conor making it 12 rounds is the next best thing to winning. Making it 10 rounds would be something worth bragging about. If he loses? Well, no shit. If he finds gold and lands a knock out punch, stick a fork in it. Boxing may not recover.

Thankfully Canelo/GGG is around the corner.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Conor threw a lot of kicks and they clinched up a ton, that shit is hard work. Conor is also very explosive and puts a lot into all his strikes. With the bigger gloves, no kicks, no clinch work and an assumption that Conor won't put everything behind every shot (he might given a lack of boxing experience) he should show a lot better cardio in boxing than he does in MMA. Will it be enough to get through 12 rounds? I highly doubt it but it shouldn't go to shit in round 2 or 3 like we've seen in MMA.

One weird thing though, Conor in some of his earlier MMA fights seemed to show pretty solid cardio. He looked good despite being injured for all 3 rounds vs Max Halloway. I think his desire to get the KO causes him to throw too hard and blow his wad early.
    Yeah, we're on the same page here. I don't think he gasses in a couple rounds but highly doubt he has the stamina to go 12 or even 9 or 10 "just" boxing. I think carrying around an extra 6oz on his hands is gonna be a bigger factor, stamina & speed wise, than many think too.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    those 'conor has great cardio' fights were, coincidentally im sure, pre USADA.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    those 'conor has great cardio' fights were, coincidentally im sure, pre USADA.
    Good point as well. I think McGregor has less of a chance than anyone thinks, it might be close to no chance. Jorge Masvidal talked about the level difference between the top MMA strikers and boxers. He said even very good amateur boxers mop the top MMA strikers up in training when it's just straight boxing. Masvidal did say that early on in sparring the MMA fighter can clip the boxer because of the awkwardness but once the boxers get the timing it's not even close.

Load Metric
    literally turning into
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Thread Information