Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Apologies el gallo for not reading your post properly

You still a boxing casual tho

Enjoy smoking Floyd Mayweather dick u loser

Again, I'm not a Mayweather fan. But he is the best boxer in history... why is calling me a casual fan an insult in your mind? Are you an expert in the sport of boxing... I was unaware.
    Best boxer in history lolol give over...

Maywrather will be broke like the rest of the dumb n-word sports athletes that don't know shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post

Again, I'm not a Mayweather fan. But he is the best boxer in history... why is calling me a casual fan an insult in your mind? Are you an expert in the sport of boxing... I was unaware.
    Best boxer in history lolol give over...

Maywrather will be broke like the rest of the dumb n-word sports athletes that don't know shit
    Probably.

But what the fuck does that have to do with being a good boxer?

Load Metric
    GG Reg, JMM wins thread in a knockout.

Comments

JMM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Banned
    Load Metric
    You don't tug on Supermans cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger

And...

You don't argue boxing with JMM

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  37.3 KB

Comments

JMM: Lol

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: nice, but I hope Slim doesn't show up

Load Metric
    Jmm knows boxing but not this side show.

McGregor via tko..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Jmm knows boxing but not this side show.

McGregor via tko..
    Maybe if they tie Mayweather to the ring post.

Load Metric
    Say what you will about Floyd, Conor is an accomplished striker. He has power, handspeed, comes from insane unorthodox angles, so on.

Floyd getting caught is a real thing that could happen here.

It would be incredibly shitty if it did happen, and its certainly unlikely, but I've seen enough weird shit happen after the bell rings to know better than to trust in absolutes.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Say what you will about Floyd, Conor is an accomplished striker. He has power, handspeed, comes from insane unorthodox angles, so on.

Floyd getting caught is a real thing that could happen here.

It would be incredibly shitty if it did happen, and its certainly unlikely, but I've seen enough weird shit happen after the bell rings to know better than to trust in absolutes.
    Floyd "getting caught" with a shot hard and clean enough to actually knock him out or stop the fight, falls into the "anything is possible" category. Right alongside Lew being trusted with someone's personal info he got through the chat box.

Load Metric
    And Conor's pretty good at making people 'get caught', even people who have been inoculated against wonky mma striking angles. We are focusing a lot on how Conor is totally unprepared to actually box but are doing so at the risk of overlooking how Floyd hasnt spent a lot of ring time against people with insane open karate stances etc etc.

I will sleep like a fucking baby if Floyd spends every single round teeing off on Conor with impunity but I sure as shit am relieved the line for Conor TKO rd1-4 is so insanely high.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Anything can happen for sure. Conor does do a good job of settings his own traps. I remember hearing him say "I see it in my mind, and then it just happens"

I actually believe that. And it does make him dangerous. It's similar to what makes Floyd so good in the ring. He sees it before it happens.

Malignaggi said that Conor has a gameplan, and that it's not what every thinks. He could just be talking shit, selling the fight, whatever. But what "everyone thinks" is that Conor is going to come out and try to rough Floyd up, make it ugly, and stop him early. If he's planning to try and lay back, land one big punch, and end the fight, Mayweather will walk him down.

The stance/power is what Conor has, that is interesting. Unorthodox and strong punches. But once Floyd figures out a way around the stance, I don't see how Conor does shit to him. Mayweather doesn't struggle with counter punchers at all.

Load Metric
    But, Floyd is also much more hittable now, than several years ago. And who knows how much the reflexes have slowed.

Load Metric
    Yeah I genuinely believe that Floyd can adapt to whatever Conor brings to the table if given the opportunity, but those first 12 minutes have the potential to be dangerous.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Anything can happen for sure. Conor does do a good job of settings his own traps. I remember hearing him say "I see it in my mind, and then it just happens"

I actually believe that. And it does make him dangerous. It's similar to what makes Floyd so good in the ring. He sees it before it happens.

Malignaggi said that Conor has a gameplan, and that it's not what every thinks. He could just be talking shit, selling the fight, whatever. But what "everyone thinks" is that Conor is going to come out and try to rough Floyd up, make it ugly, and stop him early. If he's planning to try and lay back, land one big punch, and end the fight, Mayweather will walk him down.

The stance/power is what Conor has, that is interesting. Unorthodox and strong punches. But once Floyd figures out a way around the stance, I don't see how Conor does shit to him. Mayweather doesn't struggle with counter punchers at all.

If Conor comes out in a wide stance he will be too slow to hit Mayweather. He's going to have to come out in a boxing stance to stand a chance
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

If Conor comes out in a wide stance he will be too slow to hit Mayweather. He's going to have to come out in a boxing stance to stand a chance
    I agree. I don't think it'll work that well. But it'll be interesting to see. I think also, with that wide stance he takes away his height advantage. Basically bringing himself down to mayweather's size.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    So how many % do you think Jr has faded being 41 and not fighting in 2 years?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    unorthodox styles can prevail against skill, especially if there is also an age differential, as fury proved vs klitschko
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Can we really expect Conor to go 12 rounds hard after seeing him "gas" twice against Diaz in basically 2 boxing matches minus 20 seconds & the ground finish in the first one. I get it that the rounds are shorter but there's no way he's getting around that IMO. He has to finish within 4-5 rounds & completely agree with sonatine on this & like his play there for that reason. If Mayweather survives the first few rounds, which I believe he will, I think he'll be able to finish this whenever he wants. Conor will be dead tired by round 6 or 7 & looking for a soft landing spot.

Also, how is he going to deal with carrying around an extra 6oz on his hands for 12 rounds & I believe this will take a lot of sting & speed off his punches not to mention needing larger holes to land the clean shots necessary & Mayweather is pretty good at deflecting these shots.

He has a punchers chance just like every boxer has a chance against an MMA fighter, Ray Mercer comes to mind, because every round starts standing & if they can land the proper shot, & put them on queer street, they can win.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I dont think anyone thinks Conor is going to have a significant role in this fight after the 4th or 5th round.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    unorthodox styles can prevail against skill, especially if there is also an age differential, as fury proved vs klitschko
    Fury is an undefeated professional boxer. And Wladimir is nothing like Floyd.

Comments

El Gallo: Exactly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    So how many % do you think Jr has faded being 41 and not fighting in 2 years?
    Hard to say. Floyd isn't an average 40 year old fighter, in that, he's taken very little punishment in his career.

But there comes a point where it's like, you can see what's coming, but your reflexes have slowed to the point that you can't capitalize on it. That comes with age. So there's really no way to know, until we see him in there.

Thread Information