Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
re: glove size. I think it benefits Floyd to the extent that, he knows he's going to touch Conor whenever he wants, and he has no real fear of Conor, regardless of glove size.

Also, I'm on record saying that Floyd will be the puncher in this fight. Conor is getting stopped imo regardless of 8 or 10oz. I truly believe that.

re: Paulie - The concerning part should be for Conor backers. Paulie is shot to shit. He was fat, and off the couch for this sparring. One of Conor's other sparring partners said "It wasn't one sided either way, but I thought Conor was clearly the winner."

If you want to have a chance at beating Floyd Mayweather, you had better goddamn well do better than "not one sided either way" against old, shot, fat, Paulie Malignaggi.

In your entire life as a boxing fan has a camp ever reported that the sparring partner won?

If the reports were nothing but, "Holy shit Conor worked him." would you necessarily believe them?

At what percent would the sparring partner come at Conor in a scenario like this? Would he be trying to go fro his head and try for knock outs?

Let's say a golfing long drive champion was transitioning to the PGA tour and faced off with a 60 year old fat ex PGA golfer. I know its different and non contact but thats the best comparison I can come up with. The 60 year old is gonna beat the long drive dude every single day. I truly believe Paulie could win a fight against an in shape Conor. I'm totally sold on the "this is not his sport" arguement.

Floyd KO's him in 3 rounds or less and mostly likely in the first round. That is the only possibility here no matter what angle I look at this from.