Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyMonkeyBaby View Post
    Just going to leave this here for your consideration.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

You'd also need to consider that Diaz stands right in front of you, and doesn't move his head.

4oz gloves.

170 pounds.

Kicks and elbows.

And the fact that everyone simply doesn't cut the same.
    You'll also need to consider this entire board / sideburns.jpg

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have no clue what the fuck this article is talking about.

http://awfulannouncing.com/boxing/ma...dds-fight.html

Betonline actually has Floyd an even bigger favorite than before at -720. Conor at +545

Someone who has a Bovada account check that shit, there is no way the gap can be that wide.

Load Metric
    The line has moved considerably since it opened, IIRC Floyd was in the -1200 range when this went live, but the cult of Conor always seems to stack their dole checks on him so yeah, the line has moved. On top of which, a lot of perfectly rational people are taking the Conor via KO in rd 1-4 line, which has great value.

So yeah I'm side-eyeing the assertion that this had anything to do with the pressers.

Comments

michael: lol those dole checks
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    So, l can get +290 that Mayweather gets knocked down. Isn't this easy money folks?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In response to JMM, I think McGregors boxing credentials are being massively downplayed. Read his wiki:

Background
    When McGregor was twelve years old, he began boxing at Crumlin Boxing Club under two-time Olympian Phil Sutcliffe.[165] It was here where he laid the foundations to his striking ability,[166] training with fighters such as Dean Byrne and Jamie Kavanagh, both of whom went on to train at Wild Card Gym under Freddie Roach. Kavanagh recalls McGregor as "a game kind of boxer. He was very game. He loved to fight. But he was also very strong - he could seriously bang."[167] McGregor would eventually become an All-Ireland champion at youth level,[168] but his attention began to turn towards other martial arts when he was about sixteen.[165] Despite this, and his family moving to West Dublin, McGregor continued boxing. He has regularly sparred at Celtic Warrior Gym, Blanchardstown, which has been home to boxers such as Gary O'Sullivan and Frank Buglioni.[169][170] Head coach Packie Collins, brother of Steve, commented "he comes down here and he can hold his own with world champions." He continued "I won’t name names but, the last time he was up here a very good boxer of ours couldn’t make head nor tail of what Conor was doing. He has what appears like a kind of chopping movement when he strikes and he doesn’t use a traditional stance, so this guy just couldn’t time him at all."[171]

On paper its still an epic mismatch, but it's not without merit - like I hear some saying how he has 0 chance because he's never boxed before.

Comments

Deal: Why didn't he follow the money and box then?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    So, l can get +290 that Mayweather gets knocked down. Isn't this easy money folks?
    Mayweather is not going to get touched. This will basically be like Canelo vs Chavez Jr
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    In response to JMM, I think McGregors boxing credentials are being massively downplayed. Read his wiki:

Background
    When McGregor was twelve years old, he began boxing at Crumlin Boxing Club under two-time Olympian Phil Sutcliffe.[165] It was here where he laid the foundations to his striking ability,[166] training with fighters such as Dean Byrne and Jamie Kavanagh, both of whom went on to train at Wild Card Gym under Freddie Roach. Kavanagh recalls McGregor as "a game kind of boxer. He was very game. He loved to fight. But he was also very strong - he could seriously bang."[167] McGregor would eventually become an All-Ireland champion at youth level,[168] but his attention began to turn towards other martial arts when he was about sixteen.[165] Despite this, and his family moving to West Dublin, McGregor continued boxing. He has regularly sparred at Celtic Warrior Gym, Blanchardstown, which has been home to boxers such as Gary O'Sullivan and Frank Buglioni.[169][170] Head coach Packie Collins, brother of Steve, commented "he comes down here and he can hold his own with world champions." He continued "I won’t name names but, the last time he was up here a very good boxer of ours couldn’t make head nor tail of what Conor was doing. He has what appears like a kind of chopping movement when he strikes and he doesn’t use a traditional stance, so this guy just couldn’t time him at all."[171]

On paper its still an epic mismatch, but it's not without merit - like I hear some saying how he has 0 chance because he's never boxed before.
    McGregor routinely gets his ass handed to him in sparring sesions with guys ranked between 10-20. He is BOXING arguably the greatest BOXER of all time. You can't just pick up timing in training camp. The timing required to box at the elite level is so far beyond what McGregor or any other human could learn in such a short period of time.

Comments

JMM:
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric

Background

Yeah, he boxed as a kid. Most people are talking about the fact that he's never boxed as PRO before.

I don't know who he's boxed at the gyms in Ireland, but Freddy Roach said he visited his gym, and Freddy's guys busted him up pretty good.

The angles and unpredictability are what he has going for him. Some of those chopping shots like Maidana landed are what bothered Floyd so much in their first fight. Shit he's not expecting because they're coming from angles he's not used to from boxers.

That said, I don't think his footwork will be near good enough to get to the positions that Maidana got to.

Floyd is a master at setting traps and getting the fuck out of the way. Conor should be hitting air for however long it lasts.

I get a kick out of people saying "well, McGregor has been boxing since he was a kid!"

But, do you know who else has been boxing a pretty long time? Floyd Mayweather.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Closer to the fight need set up a prediction freeroll. Pick the result round or decision, dead heat rules apply.

Load Metric
    In response to JMM, I think McGregors boxing credentials are being massively downplayed.

So if you think McGregor's boxing credentials are going to help him vs Floyd, you must be absolutely positive that Nate Diaz could beat Floyd's ass like a tambourine or something?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

Background

McGregor routinely gets his ass handed to him in sparring sesions with guys ranked between 10-20. He is BOXING arguably the greatest BOXER of all time. You can't just pick up timing in training camp. The timing required to box at the elite level is so far beyond what McGregor or any other human could learn in such a short period of time.
    Arguably being the key word there. Mayweather is smart give him that, he cherry picked all the winnable fights against fighters who were not usually bigger than him.

If u rank a top 100 all time boxing list I doubt he makes top 20 and that's being generous

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    In response to JMM, I think McGregors boxing credentials are being massively downplayed.

So if you think McGregor's boxing credentials are going to help him vs Floyd, you must be absolutely positive that Nate Diaz could beat Floyd's ass like a tambourine or something?
    I see no reason why McGregor can't pick up a few of the early rounds if he lands some and makes Floyd miss on the counter, after that who knows

Nate can box, not at pro boxing level, but McGregor has power on his side which gives him a fair punchers chance

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

Arguably being the key word there. Mayweather is smart give him that, he cherry picked all the winnable fights against fighters who were not usually bigger than him.

If u rank a top 100 all time boxing list I doubt he makes top 20 and that's being generous
    Mayweather wouldn't crack the top 20? LOL

Other pro fighters consider him one of the best ever, and damn sure the best of his generation.

No respectable list leaves him out of the top 20.

Comments

El Gallo: Lol, not top 20.... minimum top 3

Load Metric
    Full disclosure, one of my wagers is Conor in rd 1-4, but again Nate outboxed Conor... soooooo badly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Other pro fighters consider him one of the best ever, and damn sure the best of his generation.

Mayweather is no.1 in boxing at what he does. MAKE MONEY! You can't even mention his name in the same breath as some of the true warrior boxers of past generations.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Full disclosure, one of my wagers is Conor in rd 1-4, but again Nate outboxed Conor... soooooo badly.
    I still think that is a good bet to hedge against Floyd by decision. I have a theory that Connor has worked on his cardio since the Diaz fights and is going to come out semi-berserker style and swarm him. He knows that if he gets one good clip in that makes Floyd even a bit wobbly the defenses will fall to a great degree.

Load Metric

Mayweather is no.1 in boxing at what he does. MAKE MONEY! You can't even mention his name in the same breath as some of the true warrior boxers of past generations.
    Please. Mayweather would have been competitive in any era of the sport.

You seem a lot like the people who think Mayweather's career started at 147.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He lost in the amateurs enough times, and was beaten in the pros but got a gifted at least 1 decision.

As if you gonna mention his name next to greats like Sugar Ray Robinson.

Load Metric
    He lost in the amateurs enough times, and was beaten in the pros but got a gifted at least 1 decision.

Dude, I hate Mayweather.... but truly elite boxers have been made to look like silly by him.... guys like Canelo, Cotto, Marquez, Juddah, Mosley... got systematically picked apart by him. There is no way McGreggor is 20% the boxer Mosley was.

Comments

JMM:

Load Metric

Christ dude. Everyone loses in the Am's.

He hasn't been gifted a single decision. You can't find ONE fight of his that he lost clearly.

Castillo 1 was close.

Maidana 1 was close.

No other fight was close.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Thread Information