Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Score Question

Load Metric
    I have a 750 credit score now, I checked it last month. What is amazing is it was like 590 in 2009 due to, ahem "lates", from poker choices I made several years earlier. It took like 5 years to repair it. In 2011 when my finances were fixed I bought a car and my score was like 610 and I got offered a terrible rate on a new car. It was not an expensive car, like $40,000 and I offered to put $10,000 down and brought my bank statements, investments and W2s. The finance guy just looked at me, and agreed my portfolio was impressive, but he said the "score was the score" and he had to go off that. I reluctantly agreed with him and just paid cash for the whole thing and did not finance. I did not want to shell out the $40K at once, but I made my bed.

You absolutely have to have a score above 720 to get the best financing.

As far an opening a lot of credit cards, I did the bonus whoring basically from the advice on this site. I got some great perks, deals and free stuff. But its just not worth it after a while and it does slide your score lower. I have a Chase, AMEX and Barclays. I use them all equally. I don't have credit high limits, about $25,000 on each one ( I never carry a balance, so my credit line is completely clear making me little to no risk for a lender).

I hear these credit repair infomercials on Sirius all the time. I hope people actually don't fall for those. The only thing that repairs credit is timely payments over several years and low balances.

Comments

SetofKs: so fucking rich

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    I have a 750 credit score now, I checked it last month. What is amazing is it was like 590 in 2009 due to, ahem "lates", from poker choices I made several years earlier. It took like 5 years to repair it. In 2011 when my finances were fixed I bought a car and my score was like 610 and I got offered a terrible rate on a new car. It was not an expensive car, like $40,000 and I offered to put $10,000 down and brought my bank statements, investments and W2s. The finance guy just looked at me, and agreed my portfolio was impressive, but he said the "score was the score" and he had to go off that. I reluctantly agreed with him and just paid cash for the whole thing and did not finance. I did not want to shell out the $40K at once, but I made my bed.

As far an opening a lot of credit cards, I did the bonus whoring basically from the advice on this site. I got some great perks, deals and free stuff. But its just not worth it after a while and it does slide your score lower. I have a Chase, AMEX and Barclays. I use them all equally. I don't have credit high limits, about $25,000 on each one ( I never carry a balance, so my credit line is completely clear making me little to no risk for a lender).

I hear these credit repair infomercials on Sirius all the time. I hope people actually don't fall for those. The only thing that repairs credit is timely payments over several years and low balances.
    No offense but you have to be almost retarded not to have a credit score over 750 even if have basic responsibility. I have like four credit cards, an $800k mortgage and it was still 830 when we had to get a loan for a used vehicle a few months ago. Pay your fucking bills on time, keep a balance less than 25% of your limit and you're good. Easy as shit.

And never purchase a car new unless you have seven figures in the bank. Finance 101.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

No offense but you have to be almost retarded not to have a credit score over 750 even if have basic responsibility. I have like four credit cards, an $800k mortgage and it was still 830 when we had to get a loan for a used vehicle a few months ago. Pay your fucking bills on time, keep a balance less than 25% of your limit and you're good. Easy as shit.

And never purchase a car new unless you have seven figures in the bank. Finance 101.
    You missed the part where I indicated I had some self induced financial issues in 2005-08 that caused my credit score to plummet. It has taken quite a while to repair. I was not as fortunate as you to flip a house or two in the mortgage boom in Florida. The thing about Florida, and I know it well, it took a lot of white trash and made them rich overnight. Good thing is MOST (not all) white trash gives it all back over a few years. I know a guy that made a couple million and lost it all. Not saying you are on that road, but you strike me as someone that is a mark and doubles down, and we all know double downs are fleeting.

Load Metric

You missed the part where I indicated I had some self induced financial issues in 2005-08 that caused my credit score to plummet. It has taken quite a while to repair. I was not as fortunate as you to flip a house or two in the mortgage boom in Florida. The thing about Florida, and I know it well, it took a lot of white trash and made them rich overnight. Good thing is MOST (not all) white trash gives it all back over a few years. I know a guy that made a couple million and lost it all. Not saying you are on that road, but you strike me as someone that is a mark and doubles down, and we all know double downs are fleeting.
    I was poor during the mortgage crisis. My father didn't die until 2011.

Load Metric

Don't know what that means about your dad, rings a bell, maybe I will check the posts. You just strike me as a guy that got a quick score, whether you earned it or tripped over it (gut says the latter).

I personally have the most earning potential on this site outside of C$. It's not what I am doing know, it's what I will be doing in the future, and I don't even know what that is, I just earn profusely. I have always made a lot of money, and wasted a lot of money. I am a fucking earner if nothing else. I am hopeful in the future I can keep some of it long term beyond just the few hundred K I managed to squirrel away.

Comments

Serial Fail: Cool story, fag

Load Metric

Don't know what that means about your dad, rings a bell, maybe I will check the posts. You just strike me as a guy that got a quick score, whether you earned it or tripped over it (gut says the latter).

I personally have the most earning potential on this site outside of C$. It's not what I am doing know, it's what I will be doing in the future, and I don't even know what that is, I just earn profusely. I have always made a lot of money, and wasted a lot of money. I am a fucking earner if nothing else. I am hopeful in the future I can keep some of it long term beyond just the few hundred K I managed to squirrel away.

Get in the back of the bus, kid. You're literally eons away from some of us, financially. That means earnings power as well. My dividends earn more than you do.

Load Metric

Comments

Krypt:

Banned
    Load Metric

Get in the back of the bus, kid. You're literally eons away from some of us, financially. That means earnings power as well. My dividends earn more than you do.

You OBV forgot about all the disposal income.

Load Metric

Look pal, I am not in competition with you. You are the one that posted a really large house in some generic lot in Florida that backs up to no water. My grandparents years ago had a place in Marco Island on the water, so I know Florida well, and LOL at buying a million dollar house is generic lot in Florida that does not have a ocean/gulf view. Hey its for you but I would get totally claustrophobic being that close to the next house. And enjoy that swath of mosquitoes every night that descend on you when you walk outside to puff a cigar. When you swat that fat mosquito on your shirt and it bleeds on you, enjoy.

You got caught up with the Jone's building the big house in the big lot in generic neighborhood and wanted to compete. I'll give you a piece of advice, sell your albatross now, because the only thing that means shit in south Florida is water and beach. Generic lots infested with West Nile mosquitoes is a terrible investment and even a worse place to live. When the next housing crunch comes and half the houses near you have molded sheet rock you will agree with me.

Load Metric
    Unreal use of albatross

Load Metric

Look pal, I am not in competition with you. You are the one that posted a really large house in some generic lot in Florida that backs up to no water. My grandparents years ago had a place in Marco Island on the water, so I know Florida well, and LOL at buying a million dollar house is generic lot in Florida that does not have a ocean/gulf view. Hey its for you but I would get totally claustrophobic being that close to the next house. And enjoy that swath of mosquitoes every night that descend on you when you walk outside to puff a cigar. When you swat that fat mosquito on your shirt and it bleeds on you, enjoy.

You got caught up with the Jone's building the big house in the big lot in generic neighborhood and wanted to compete. I'll give you a piece of advice, sell your albatross now, because the only thing that means shit in south Florida is water and beach. Generic lots infested with West Nile mosquitoes is a terrible investment and even a worse place to live. When the next housing crunch comes and half the houses near you have molded sheet rock you will agree with me.

Generic neighborhood. My sides.

Top ten residential golf community in Florida. The course is number 7 in state. Named best new private course in the country when it opened. You can't make this shit up.

Comments

Krypt:

Load Metric
    This isn't a dick swinging contest so let's look at the bright side. Have you seen the price of oil lately? Pooh's account literally increased by 150k the past two weeks.

Load Metric
    I actually haven't seen the price in about a week, but I'm worried about Nigeria and Libya production efficiency and of course Iran is also ramping up production due to the multi billion dollar investment from Total. I do like encana (ECA) in the energy space though

Load Metric
    Pooh is god.

Load Metric

Top ten residential golf community in Florida. The course is number 7 in state. Named best new private course in the country when it opened. You can't make this shit up.
    Like I said, enjoy that swath of West Nile mosquitoes that swarms on you every time you open the door, get out of the car, etc... One day you will be like the rest of us, fly down to Florida in January-April for beach and golf, and get the fuck out of there the rest of the year.

Enjoy the 90% humidity and the mosquitoes. Now I know why you and your wife have a 6,000 square foot home with no kids. It's basically your summer bunker. You walk out and get bit and rained on and get back in the house put on Netflix. I'll being spending 10 days in Mackinac Island later this month. Look it up on a map.

Load Metric

Like I said, enjoy that swath of West Nile mosquitoes that swarms on you every time you open the door, get out of the car, etc... One day you will be like the rest of us, fly down to Florida in January-April for beach and golf, and get the fuck out of there the rest of the year.

Enjoy the 90% humidity and the mosquitoes. Now I know why you and your wife have a 6,000 square foot home with no kids. It's basically your summer bunker. You walk out and get bit and rained on and get back in the house put on Netflix. I'll being spending 10 days in Mackinac Island later this month. Look it up on a map.

Holy fuck, mosquitoes and humidity. You've hit him with that shit 7 times now. Is that all you have on Pooh?

POOH IS GOD.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

Holy fuck, mosquitoes and humidity. You've hit him with that shit 7 times now. Is that all you have on Pooh?

POOH IS GOD.
    You still making big jack with that advertising degree or whatever it was when you left the Comfort Inn front desk?

Load Metric
    Rofll bottomset taking on all comers

Load Metric
    Any time bottomset gets anyone to engage him on finances, he wins. So, he wins this one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

POOH IS GOD.
    You still making big jack with that advertising degree or whatever it was when you left the Comfort Inn front desk?
    I wish it was the fucking Comfort Inn.

Them bitches had STOCK OPTIONS.

Thread Information