Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont look now but Chris Ferguson is 2nd in 2017 WSOP POY race.....

Load Metric

Dont look now but Chris Ferguson is 2nd in 2017 WSOP POY race.....

He's also threatening to break the single WSOP cashes record apparently.. Proof sometimes there is no justice in poker..

Raymond Henson currently leads with 614.87 pts but Feurgeson is close behind at 599.5 and John Racener sits 3rd with 580.5

http://www.wsop.com/2017/poy/

Load Metric
    Of course there's no justice in poker. It's a card game. There's no justice in blackjack or gin rummy either.

Load Metric
    The future is the only thing that is certain. The past? Not so much.

Load Metric
    If he wins and announces..

SFO

WAS EASY

WAS FUN

Then I think he wins everyone back and becomes a poker hero.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The game isn't fair a lot of the time.

The WSOP still has a few of these huge NL events left so for someone who already has ran deep in one of these and does in another they could pass all the guys cashing in these 10k mixed events that have much smaller player pools.

Their also is the WSOP Europe later on this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Poker fair lulz

Load Metric
    Sorry but as I explained to Druff this fucking clown has even less of a right then Lederer in my estimation to be at the WSOP.. Theres no way a dude with a PhD in Comp Sci didn't know the books were being cooked, especially as one of the those closest to the whole operations of FTP besides Lederer and Bitar.. Ironic I was watching an old game of PAD tonight and Matusow is needling the hell out of Chris for being a nit at the table for not playing the 7-2 game at the table and how much more money he had compared to himself (Matusow) and everybodyelse at the table.. Just another reminder of how those fuckers used player funds as their personal ATM and screwed the rest of us players.. Its no secret even without BF happening FT was on the precipice of suffering financial insolvency as it was and yet Feurguson didn't suffer any legal or legit financial consequences for his actions. Hell Micon got slapped worse over SWC then what happened to Feurguson..

Load Metric
    FTP

As I sit here at 5am EST waiting on the futures and whatever else ...

Of all people, you overlook the most salient issue with Chris Ferguson & business. The guy was a prop trader in LA.

He was a losing trader as most are the first couple of years. Some pretty big 6 figure losses. I've also heard him described as a quant. I kind of doubt it. He was definitely a prop for Bright Trading in the early 2000's.

He was hardly an unsophisticated academic who was oblivious to business. He also got his shit kicked in around the same time he made some big poker scores. Poker was subsidizing his trading. He felt pressure. It wasn't all smooth sailing. The greed component of his personality was fully developed.

Part of me thinks he wasn't as smart as he was made out to be. Give anyone 15 years on campus with enough tuition and you too can get a Phd.

His bio has always been sanitized and it puzzles me.

By the way, hope you're hanging in there and doing ok.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-30-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    He's also threatening to break the single WSOP cashes record apparently.. Proof sometimes there is no justice in poker..

Raymond Henson currently leads with 614.87 pts but Feurgeson is close behind at 599.5 and John Racener sits 3rd with 580.5

Jesus....12 cashes, Druff can't even cash once for me.... :-)

Load Metric
    Sorry but as I explained to Druff this fucking clown has even less of a right then Lederer in my estimation to be at the WSOP.. Theres no way a dude with a PhD in Comp Sci didn't know the books were being cooked, especially as one of the those closest to the whole operations of FTP besides Lederer and Bitar.. Ironic I was watching an old game of PAD tonight and Matusow is needling the hell out of Chris for being a nit at the table for not playing the 7-2 game at the table and how much more money he had compared to himself (Matusow) and everybodyelse at the table.. Just another reminder of how those fuckers used player funds as their personal ATM and screwed the rest of us players.. Its no secret even without BF happening FT was on the precipice of suffering financial insolvency as it was and yet Feurguson didn't suffer any legal or legit financial consequences for his actions. Hell Micon got slapped worse over SWC then what happened to Feurguson..
    Okay,I've asked this question in other threads & nobody has ever answered it:

Just after Black Friday wasn't it revealed that Chris Ferguson gave back 10's of millions of dollars to FTP to try to keep it afloat? Pretty sure this was revealed during the Lederer Files interview.

If it's true, I really don't get this over the top hate for him. Of course he deserves hate but does he really deserve considerably MORE than everybody else & please spare me with the "he has a PhD & is smart so he should have known better than everyone else" BS. There were other very smart people in that group who you never hear 1 word about but they all deserve lots of blame for the fiasco.

From what I remember he's the only 1 of the bunch to ever give any money back. You can argue that they used that money to try to prop up the ponzi scheme for longer but that would have been the choice of every member of the FTP decision making team at the time & not solely Chris Ferguson's. AFAIK every other person, from Lederer to Lindgren to Bitar, that received ill gotten money kept it all, or in Bitar's case kept as much as he could, & Ferguson gave most, if not all, of it back.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    idk if any of you here are members of the real grinders fb group, but a thread was started yesterday about this where people were defending the pos.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDoDo View Post

Jesus....12 cashes, Druff can't even cash once for me.... :-)
    I played with him once in person, he might have the most obnoxious playing style of all time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    idk if any of you here are members of the real grinders fb group, but a thread was started yesterday about this where people were defending the pos.
    Thats enough info to never want to be in that group lol . . .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Just after Black Friday wasn't it revealed that Chris Ferguson gave back 10's of millions of dollars to FTP to try to keep it afloat? Pretty sure this was revealed during the Lederer Files interview.

If it's true, I really don't get this over the top hate for him. Of course he deserves hate but does he really deserve considerably MORE than everybody else & please spare me with the "he has a PhD & is smart so he should have known better than everyone else" BS. There were other very smart people in that group who you never hear 1 word about but they all deserve lots of blame for the fiasco.

From what I remember he's the only 1 of the bunch to ever give any money back. You can argue that they used that money to try to prop up the ponzi scheme for longer but that would have been the choice of every member of the FTP decision making team at the time & not solely Chris Ferguson's. AFAIK every other person, from Lederer to Lindgren to Bitar, that received ill gotten money kept it all, or in Bitar's case kept as much as he could, & Ferguson gave most, if not all, of it back.
    0 chance in hell he gave "most" or "if not all" back to FTP. You have to be one dumb gullable fuck to believe that lol !

Load Metric

Ivey gave the money back.

Turd Ferguson never gave back shit.

I saw him yesterday at the rio during the deepstack event.

what a clown. I didn't have my notebook so i didn't get his autograph to burn it. He just jetted right past everyone wearing a fucking leather jacket and a cowboy hat. it was 100 degrees out.

Lederer just walks around looking like an obese schlub. It's true he used to sleep on park benches while losing all his money in NYC at the Mayfair. and if you looked at him walking around the Rio, you'd think he was sleeping on those same park benches.

Both these idiots should be politely asked by the Rio not to attend.

Comments

tyde: they both tip dealers for one hand as much as you make in a day pedaling around the Chi Town......WINTER IS COMING

sah_24: offset jewdonk troll rep
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

I saw him yesterday at the rio during the deepstack event.

what a clown. I didn't have my notebook so i didn't get his autograph to burn it. He just jetted right past everyone wearing a fucking leather jacket and a cowboy hat. it was 100 degrees out.

Lederer just walks around looking like an obese schlub. It's true he used to sleep on park benches while losing all his money in NYC at the Mayfair. and if you looked at him walking around the Rio, you'd think he was sleeping on those same park benches.

Both these idiots should be politely asked by the Rio not to attend.
    Was Ferguson wearing his signature cowboy hat?

Name:  IMG_6231.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  70.9 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    I am a member and basically stayed out of it due to the nuthugging going on with some legit bigger names defending him and trying to argue with the likes of a well known pro is just not worth it..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    FTP

As I sit here at 5am EST waiting on the futures and whatever else ...

Of all people, you overlook the most salient issue with Chris Ferguson & business. The guy was a prop trader in LA.

He was a losing trader as most are the first couple of years. Some pretty big 6 figure losses. I've also heard him described as a quant. I kind of doubt it. He was definitely a prop for Bright Trading in the early 2000's.

He was hardly an unsophisticated academic who was oblivious to business. He also got his shit kicked in around the same time he made some big poker scores. Poker was subsidizing his trading. He felt pressure. It wasn't all smooth sailing. The greed component of his personality was fully developed.

Part of me thinks he wasn't as smart as he was made out to be. Give anyone 15 years on campus with enough tuition and you too can get a Phd.

His bio has always been sanitized and it puzzles me.

By the way, hope you're hanging in there and doing ok.
    As for me... Hoping to get things moving again. After 2 month round and round the Cardiologist finally cleared me and decided the original Echo and TEE were wrong because the Chest MRI/MRA showed nothing of significance (so he had me worried and stressed I possibly had a fucking tumor for nothing). Have a problem to resolve in that the Neurosurgeon whos agreed to fix my back now I find out hes out of network (I was refered through the large health group HonorHealth which is in network so they lead me to believe he was in network but Cigna begs to differ, which completely screws me as I have to come up with 5k upfront for deductible and likely the other 10k for out of pocket which I really don't have access to.. Friggin insurance is such a racket.. The only neuro group with the willingness and legit chops to resolve this cyst on my spinal cord (Barrow Neuro) are out of network (sure Mayo up in Scottsdale probably has somebody but they too are out of network).. The 2 groups within network neither wants anything to do with it due to the complexity of the whole situation..

Truthfully if we could get the lawsuit settled my wife has pending with Dennys here in Eastern Phoenix Metro we'd have the cash(its going to be significant 6 figure settlement after they nearly killed her last December) but also not going to rush to settle just to have that cash and taking significantly less then we could/should get (considering her medical bills ER alone were over 30k along with on going issues and now thanks to good ole big pharma she has to carry not 1 but 2 epi pens at all times for life and that's not cheap even generics are $300-$400 for a box of 2)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Source?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Silver
    Load Metric
    How about someone named Harry MADOFF in the top 20 of chips in the 50k championship. Maybe he and Ferguson can finish top 2.

Thread Information