Thread: Tips for carrying large amounts of cash around vegas?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Tips for carrying large amounts of cash around vegas?

Does anyone have any solid tips for carrying large amounts of cash around Vegas or traveling in general.How do you feel about putting it in the safe at the Hotel?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The safe is probably fine, but there have been isolated incidents where hotel staff have helped themselves to money (they can open the safes). I usually have 3-4k in my cargo pants pocket without worry. Just obv be mindful when walking through crowds.

Load Metric
    In a roll

Gold
    Load Metric
    How much? 10k? Put it in your pocket. If you are talking about a huge number, then deposit it at the cage. Fuck the room safe. You can deposit cash at the main cashier and they will open up an account similar to a bank account. And you can withdraw and add to it. Wife doesn't know about it and it is open 24/7.

Load Metric
    Most room safes have default passwords that are never changed and are easily Googleable. Not a thing to be trusted.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On your person or at the cashier imo as others have stated !

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Most room safes have default passwords that are never changed and are easily Googleable. Not a thing to be trusted.
    Can you point me to this?

For education purposes, of course.

No, but seriously, I want to see if these work. A master password doesn't make sense, and the few times I've lost the password to my safe, they weren't able to open it with a master password. They had to manually open it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Can you point me to this?

For education purposes, of course.

No, but seriously, I want to see if these work. A master password doesn't make sense, and the few times I've lost the password to my safe, they weren't able to open it with a master password. They had to manually open it.
    specifically no, just shit I used to read about on some unseemly forums a few years ago. The reason the front desk will often send someone up with a key is because they don't trust their employees to keep the passwords safe, whereas they can almost always keep better control with an actual key. Can't whisper a physical key to a friend who gains access to rooms and shit, y'know? But just like any type of security where passwords are involved, defaults never really get changed in a sad amount of cases.

Its just like years ago when you could find ATM user manuals and shit like that, if you just searched for the model numbers, and you'd be able to find how to get to other menus and shit like that. Try it the next few rooms you are in. Find the safe model numbers, and you might not find anything, but you very well might. You can also try the most common passwords out there and will probably pop a few combos without even trying. 1-2-3-4-5-6. 0-0-0-0-0-0 6-5-4-3-2-1 Shit like that.

Load Metric
    check out the youtube for vids of safe defaults.

Load Metric
    check out the youtube for vids of safe defaults.

This is why I like the hotel safes that have the ability to secure it with a credit or debit card.. I use an old prepaid inactive debit card to secure the safe and its basically unhackable considering the code ends up being the equivalent of a 23 digit hash (16 digit card plus exp date adds 4 and 3 digit code all are on the mag stripe on those cards like any other similar card.. (would just suck if I lost the card however ) Now if they can get around that please somebody let me know and Ill revisit but my last trip to Vegas its how I left shit locked up including my laptop so nobody could access it or other shit I left in the room that was worth stealing by housekeeping or somebody who somehow got a room key.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I usually have one of my cars that has a "gun vault" in it and that is where my cash goes other than two buy ins. If I don't have one of those around I usually carry less than 1k.

While drunk at hammer heads a few years ago, I got mugged between the bar doors and my truck in the lot right after hitting a royal for 4k. Stupid I should have called, well more stupid I should have never been in that part of town at 3am. Luckily they only picked up my jackpot payout and I didn't get killed but I wanted to kill those bastards. Now if I hit something like that I get someone with me if I am in a bar.

Around the strip freemont never had a problem. I was living down south and had been in a place called Rusty Spur, got a friend and went over to Brandos for some Pizza, not 15 minutes after we were in there a team robbed them at gunpoint.

Thread Information