Thread: Koch brothers to Trump - The War on Drugs is over. The drugs won.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Koch brothers to Trump - The War on Drugs is over. The drugs won.

Holy fuck PRAISE THE LORD we have a couple gazillionaire conservatives now backing the notion that the war on drugs is a failure. This is mind boggling.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/25...-war-on-drugs/

COLORADO SPRINGS — The Trump administration’s tough talk on marijuana is creating an unusual alliance: pot smokers and the conservative Koch political network.

Mark Holden, one of the influential network’s top leaders, decried President Donald Trump’s administration for returning to the “harsh sentencing era of the war on drugs.”

“You are never going to win the war on drugs. Drugs won,” he told reporters as the network opened a three-day retreat Saturday at The Broadmoor resort in Colorado Springs.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ directive to re-evaluate marijuana policies is a particular problem. Even though it remains a federal crime to possess and use marijuana, he said, “it’s legal in a number of states, so we have to come to grips with that somehow.”

Earlier this month, Sessions asked Congress to repeal federal protections for medical marijuana, citing a “historic drug epidemic” related to opiates. The 2014 policy prohibits the Justice Department from using federal dollars to block states from legalizing the “use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana.”

When it comes to medical marijuana, Holden argued it “should be off-limits” to a federal law enforcement crackdown.

Holden, the general counsel for Koch Industries who leads a network-backed effort to address overcriminalization and criminal justice reform, was cautious about reading too much into his stance.

“I’m not here to say our position is legalize drugs or anything else,” he said, adding: “But I don’t think that we should criminalize those types of things and we should let the states decide.”

Koch brothers’ conservative network to hold retreat in Colorado Springs this weekend
    The approach fits with the conservative philosophies advanced by Charles and David Koch as part of their policy and political work. Holden suggested Sessions’ position represents a “failed big government top-down approach.”

“It’s based on fear and emotion in my opinion,” he added.
    Imagine if Soros and Koch put their money power and influence together to really end this madness.

Load Metric
    inb4 Marvin says this is fake news

inb4 FPS comes and posts a long diatribe

inb4 someone says "libtard"

Comments

sah_24: Larry stfu #libtard
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    IIRC the Koch brothers are heavily staked in the big tobacco takeover of the legal marijuana production chain. Grain of salt that but I'm like 90% sure.

Comments

ftpjesus: Agree 110% for once with you.. They are just positioning to make more $$$
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    IIRC the Koch brothers are heavily staked in the big tobacco takeover of the legal marijuana production chain. Grain of salt that but I'm like 90% sure.
    I can't find anything that backs that up on the google unless I missed something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I can't find anything that backs that up on the google unless I missed something.

It was something being passed around when I lived in the PNW, google Koch + tobacco and you can see their relationship. It's super public info that big tobacco is shutting out pot farmers with one hand while offering pennies on the dollar for their farms/licenses with the other, and supposedly the Koch brothers were enthusiastically balls deep in Big Marijuana as well, and using their political leverage to widen the doors for legalization while making it as hostile as possible to the small timers.

This is why, for example, in Washington, there are easily 2x as many legal pot shops as liquor stores in some areas but its illegal to grow your own in your back yard.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Holy fuck PRAISE THE LORD we have a couple gazillionaire conservatives now backing the notion that the war on drugs is a failure. This is mind boggling.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/25...-war-on-drugs/

COLORADO SPRINGS — The Trump administration’s tough talk on marijuana is creating an unusual alliance: pot smokers and the conservative Koch political network.

Mark Holden, one of the influential network’s top leaders, decried President Donald Trump’s administration for returning to the “harsh sentencing era of the war on drugs.”

“You are never going to win the war on drugs. Drugs won,” he told reporters as the network opened a three-day retreat Saturday at The Broadmoor resort in Colorado Springs.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ directive to re-evaluate marijuana policies is a particular problem. Even though it remains a federal crime to possess and use marijuana, he said, “it’s legal in a number of states, so we have to come to grips with that somehow.”

Earlier this month, Sessions asked Congress to repeal federal protections for medical marijuana, citing a “historic drug epidemic” related to opiates. The 2014 policy prohibits the Justice Department from using federal dollars to block states from legalizing the “use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana.”

When it comes to medical marijuana, Holden argued it “should be off-limits” to a federal law enforcement crackdown.

Holden, the general counsel for Koch Industries who leads a network-backed effort to address overcriminalization and criminal justice reform, was cautious about reading too much into his stance.

“I’m not here to say our position is legalize drugs or anything else,” he said, adding: “But I don’t think that we should criminalize those types of things and we should let the states decide.”

Koch brothers’ conservative network to hold retreat in Colorado Springs this weekend
    The approach fits with the conservative philosophies advanced by Charles and David Koch as part of their policy and political work. Holden suggested Sessions’ position represents a “failed big government top-down approach.”

“It’s based on fear and emotion in my opinion,” he added.
    Imagine if Soros and Koch put their money power and influence together to really end this madness.
    Despite being a registered GOP voter with Libertarian leanings I don't for one minute believe the Koch brothers are being altruistic this is all about them preparing and having things lined up to be rich legal drug dealers and make themselves a shit ton of cash.. If you think otherwise your delusional.. Those old cucks don't do anything unless it helps them make more Dinero.. (and not saying making money is a bad thing just saying that they have an angle here going)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Will be interesting to see what they have to say over next few days. It is a 3 day conference that just started, and I am guessing they will be speaking at some point.

I have no doubt they have some sort of profit in mind, but being so conservative this is still odd for them to be coming out this strong in favor of legalization or whatever.

There are plenty of conservatives who would sell their soul for a dollar, but there aren't too many going out on the limb Koch Inc is.

Load Metric
    Think of it this way; they want to recoup their investments in legal marijuana before they pivot to private prisons and start swinging the pendulum in the other direction.

Load Metric
    I always had more faith in greed fixing the whole drug situation than basic common decency. Illegal drug trade is something like 1% of total global trade. It's just too much money to be left for the black market and there has never been a need for the current situation.

As long as the likes of Koch brothers aren't allowed to have private armies, pay some of their taxes and have semblance of quality control it's slightly better they have the drug trade instead of the cartels.

Load Metric
    Think of it this way; they want to recoup their investments in legal marijuana before they pivot to private prisons and start swinging the pendulum in the other direction.
    I'm no fan of the Koch brothers' political assault on pollution laws and regulations, among other things, but as diehard libertarians for *decades*, they have been for ending drug prohibition for like forever in modern political terms. In fact, when I was a gungho libertarian in my young-adult years, I would have voted for David Koch for president when he ran on the Libertarian Party ticket if I hadn't been too lazy from smoking pot to register to vote.

Name:  IMG_6143.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  141.6 KB

Wait a minute... I just ran across this pic of some campaign literature from that era.

Name:  IMG_6146.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  43.9 KB

Close enough.

And now that I think about... That was some pretty good shit!

Comments

varys: Word
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I'm no fan of the Koch brothers' political assault on pollution laws and regulations, among other things, but as diehard libertarians for *decades*, they have been for ending drug prohibition for like forever in modern political terms. In fact, when I was a gungho libertarian in my young-adult years, I would have voted for David Koch for president when he ran on the Libertarian Party ticket if I hadn't been too lazy from smoking pot to register to vote.

Name:  IMG_6143.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  141.6 KB

Wait a minute... I just ran across this pic of some campaign literature from that era.

Name:  IMG_6146.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  43.9 KB

Close enough.

And now that I think about... That was some pretty good shit!
    Yeah you can break the Kochs on a lot of things if you wanted but they have been on the right side of the issue for a long time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The MSM told me that Koch brothers were "alt right" conservatives.

They wouldn't lie. Would they?

Banned
    Load Metric
    my god there are some really DUMB liberals posting on this shitpile

Comments

hongkonger: Stay away from the grown ups table

varys: Ban this garbage

Muck Ficon: So stop posting here...go start your own site lol.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I know Soro's group is for the decriminalization of weed, maybe all drugs. His agenda is to usher in Neoliberalism and to dilute white populations to prevent another holocaust/WW2. It took a long time to figure out what his true intentions were but yeah he's literally the face of the Jewish conspiracy to dilute and eventually eliminate white populations. If all the blacks in prison for drugs were instead on the streets that would line up with his agenda.
    They try to say he's a Nazi and shit don't believe it. He had a brilliant plan to pose as a non jew during Hitlers time but his reasoning is rock solid, he's no Nazi.
    He's fuckin ruthless. 1:30 to 2:45 Whole thing is interesting and he explains how he posed as a Nazi or whatever.

Russia/Putin are the biggest obstacle to his goal and he's also Hillary's top donor, hmmmmm. They go wayyyyy back. Him and the neocons are rabble rousing in all those NATO countries etc. pushing for regime change in Russia. That's what's going on.

The Koch's big issue isn't drugs. The private prisons, big alcohol and esp. big pharma have an army of lobbyists who wants to keep the war on drugs. This is the citizens united era, the war on drugs isn't going anywhere.

So am I saying all Jews are in on Soros's plan? No, most don't know about it. They've been taught diversity and multiculturalism are the greatest thing since sliced bread just like the rest of us. I know right wing Israeli groups aren't liking all the Muslim fanatics taking over Europe.
    Who else is in on it? The media bosses in Hollywood and a few others.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-25-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Load Metric
    IM JUST WONDERING, WHEN GEORGE SOROS DIES, WILL YOU STOP POSTING.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    my god there are some really DUMB liberals posting on this shitpile

my god Marvin, it's not like there's a collection of your posts anywhere that we can use a bench mark for "shitpile"

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

It was something being passed around when I lived in the PNW, google Koch + tobacco and you can see their relationship. It's super public info that big tobacco is shutting out pot farmers with one hand while offering pennies on the dollar for their farms/licenses with the other, and supposedly the Koch brothers were enthusiastically balls deep in Big Marijuana as well, and using their political leverage to widen the doors for legalization while making it as hostile as possible to the small timers.

This is why, for example, in Washington, there are easily 2x as many legal pot shops as liquor stores in some areas but its illegal to grow your own in your back yard.
    Where is this supposedly taking place?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Since this thread is dangerously misleading, lets be clear.

http://observer.com/2017/06/jeff-ses...cal-marijuana/
    Jeff Sessions Draws New Battle Lines for War on Drugs
    Attorney general sets his sights on medical marijuana crackdown

Last week’s revelation that Attorney General Jeff Sessions was plotting to target medical marijuana providers was largely obscured by his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee the next day. In a letter written to Congress on May 1, Sessions argues that because marijuana remains illegal under the controlled substances act, representatives should disregard longstanding protections against the prosecution of medical cannabis. These protections had just been renewed as part of a budgetary bill two days prior. It’s no coincidence that when the bill hit President Donald Trump’s desk on May 6, he included a signing statement that largely echoed the attorney general’s sentiments. On May 10, Sessions outdid himself when he issued a memorandum calling on US Attorneys to seek the harshest punishment allowed by law when prosecuting drug crimes, directly overturning the more lenient sentencing guidelines pushed forth by Eric Holder in 2013.

Republicans are corrupt assholes, without exception.

http://observer.com/2017/06/feinstei...g-prohibition/
    Congress Proposes Outlawing Drugs Before Knowing What They Are
    Draconian bill fails to recognize that prohibition will worsen crisis
    By Dylan Moore • 06/26/17 6:50am
    Right wing corporate mega whore Diane Feinstein and Chuck Grassley team up on this draconian pile of shit.
    Sens. Chuck Grassley and Dianne Feinstein recently introduced the Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogues (SITSA) Act of 2017. This act would create a “Schedule A” classification, banning importing new synthetic drugs deemed “substantially similar” to existing illegal drugs before testing their safety. If passed, the SITSA Act will be another step down the unfruitful path of prohibition.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-26-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Thread Information