You can listen at about the 1:51:00 mark on Pokercast #4. Someone e-mailed them and asked that question (clearly a PFA listener).

Terrence at first tried to avoid the question by simply stating that we didn't play much together (which is true), and that I was a "definite winner" on Pokerstars in the 30-60 to 100-200 range (also true).

Then Adam Schwartz, who listens to PFA every week, wouldn't let Terrence off the hook and asked him who wins in a fictitious heads up limit holdem death match.

Terrence still wouldn't directly answer, but said that he "likes his spot against anyone from the 2007 era".

It's probably true that Terrence had more experience heads up than me back in the pre-Black-Friday days, but I played a lot of heads up against good players on sites like Merge and Bovada since then, and got a lot better.

So could 2017 Dan Druff beat 2017 Terrence Chan heads up?

I don't know. I still think it would mostly be a draw, and basically come down to who ran better.

Unrelated to this, Terrence was to my direct left on Day 2 of the $10k Limit Holdem this year. We both entered short, but I ran terribly and was out quickly, while Terrence lost the first hand but then won every pot he played after that. Terrence then rocketed up to chip leader, then held as second chip leader, before finishing a disappointing 7th (presumably running bad, but I didn't watch what happened).

But I'd still take his result in that event over mine in a heartbeat.

I remember as I saw him win hand after hand that day, "Damnit... why couldn't those same cards be one spot over to the right?"

Then again, I'm sure Eric Froehlich was thinking the same thing, as he was on the other side of Terrence, also ran horribly, and also didn't cash.

I didn't play any hands with Terrence.