Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Sanlmar, are you impressed with the Dodgers yet?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    2am PDT and there's a Dodgers game going live right now.

Seriously.

One of the latest games ever to take place on US soil and not be in extra innings.

People are literally sleeping in the stands.
    and they lost again!!!

Load Metric
    I'm impressed.

They are wretched in all phases of the game.

Two things that strike me.
    * The pitching hasn't been good. 5.99 during this stretch.
    * Corey Seager has been largely missing and he WAS obviously maybe their best player. He appears to have bone chips in his elbow. He'd normally have surgery - this ain't going away.

Dodgers aren't just in a funk - they aren't that good. We could talk about Darvish working on his pitching mechanics in September. There is endless mediocrity.

Kenley Jansen did not come in last night 6-6. I see Roberts is using him less frequently. I guess this is the right move.

Jansen will probably come in tonight with Kershaw v Cueto. Roberts, as a manager, needs to end the losing conversation.

Given how bad the Dodgers are playing Kershaw is no lock to win.

We have moved on from the Dodgers being the best team of all time. They certainly are not the best team now. The Dodgers were never as dominant as the Indians are. Last 19 Indians 132-32. Dodgers NEVER played like this. The playoffs in tight games expose you to variance. Dodgers never achieved the run differential the Indians possess.

Francona has been shuffling players in and out during the run. Giving everyone a taste of the fun and some rest. I love his tone during this streak. He's still fun but he has slowed this down to one inning at a time. He is soooo superior to Roberts it's embarrassing for the wealthiest and alledgedly smartest team in baseball.

The Indians went off last night -410 or more. I saw -435. I have never seen a MLB baseball team favored like that. That's like Alabama vs China's Bryant in football. That is domination like you read about. That ain't the Dodgers.

Get a shovel ready.

Load Metric
    I've written about my puzzlement regarding making Dave Robert the manager. I have offered that I still had an open mind as of a couple days ago.

The Dodgers fans are calling for his head. Dodgers fans don't know baseball and it seemed extreme.

It turns out Dave Roberts considers Adrian Gonzalez one of his best friends.

Name:  IMG_0312.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  157.6 KB

The answer to the Dave Roberts question turns out to be that losers seek out their own.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff can breathe again the 11 game losing streak is over.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Druff can breathe again the 11 game losing streak is over.
    Kershaw's velocity is down since his return from the DL

Corey Seagers arm will not be right until he has surgery. Hunter Pence hit a routine ball to short and beat out a weak throw to first by the injured shortstop. Hunter Pence is god and is out of the box before he even finishes his swing but he simply beat Seager.

Oh, Seager 3SO & 1BB. GG & GL

Sometimes a win is really a loss. I think Druff has accepted the truth. It's less fun but it won't slow me down.

Load Metric
    Former Dodger GM Ned Colletti's new book is being released tomorrow.

He was there when AGon. Beckett, Crawford (Manny Ramirez) were acquired to stimulate some interest during Gugenheim's ridiculous tv negotiations. Also there during other crazy shit like Puig.

I am a sucker for the fail history of the Dodgers. I can't get enough. Haven't sampled yet. He's still a Dodgers fan boy so we will see how candid and funny this book is.

Smart timing on the release before the Cubs v Indians take over the conversation

Running on fumes

Thread Information