Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes. This is how angry we get driving the freeways in Los Angeles

Load Metric

Yes. This is how angry we get driving the freeways in Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two men surrendered to police Wednesday night in connection to a freeway road rage beating that was caught on video. Then the victim of the two-on-one fight was arrested Thursday morning for an earlier incident.

Patterson was arrested in Altadena for a misdemeanor warrant out of Long Beach for failure to appear in court. He was being held in at the sheriff's station in La Crescenta. He was briefly hospitalized for an unknown reason, then returned to the sheriff's station.

Edras Ramirez, 27, and David Mendez, 21, surrendered to authorities at a California Highway Patrol office in Hollywood Wednesday night.

"Approximately 7:30 last evening two suspects turned themselves in," said CHP Officer Chris Baldonado. "Our investigators had probable cause to be able to book them on assault charges."

The traffic dispute that turned into a fistfight happened June 12 on the 5 Freeway in downtown Los Angeles.

Video shot from a smartphone by a witness showed two men beating 50-year-old Jerry Patterson. The footage starts with Patterson and three men arguing outside their cars on the northbound side of the freeway near Seventh Street. Patterson and one of the men then raised their fists and started swinging at each other.

Patterson was holding his own until one of the other men joined the fight. It was two against one and Patterson was quickly pulled to the ground. He was dragged and then kicked several times in the head, then left lying on the freeway as the other car pulled away.

Patterson refused medical attention and left the scene shortly after the altercation, officials said. Despite suffering a concussion, Patterson told Eyewitness News that he does not want to press charges, saying, "Legally, I'm done with it. I've moved on."

Authorities say that doesn't matter.

"Investigators looked through the case thoroughly and had probable cause to actually make the arrest and book the two individuals regardless of if the other individual wants to press charges or not," said Baldonado.

Ramirez and Mendez were held on $60,000 bond at the Twin Towers jail. They are both due in court July 13 for arraignment on charges of felony assault.

Patterson was arrested on May 25 in Long Beach on suspicion of driving under the influence, hit-and-run and battery charges. He missed a court date and a warrant was issued for his arrest on June 6.

Court records show that Patterson was convicted in 2010 for disturbing the police and charged with hitting a police officer.

Patterson has not been charged in the June 12 fight on the freeway.

(Copyright ©2012 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Guy looked good for 50. Throwing the kick to start it off wasn't the best idea.

The kicks to the head makes me sick.

Load Metric
    These are the people that you see frequent the low limit section at the Commerce and the Bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    There is a lesson to be learned here. DO NOT start swinging on 3 people(even though only 2 actually jumped him) if you're by yourself. To be honest the guy can only blame himself for that ass kicking.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    There is a lesson to be learned here. DO NOT start swinging on 3 people(even though only 2 actually jumped him) if you're by yourself. To be honest the guy can only blame himself for that ass kicking.

Dude could have stopped this at any time by getting in his car and driving away. Instead he wanted to throw hands and ended up getting his ass kicked.

I don't blame the other guys one bit for defending their friend, but the kicks to the head of a defenseless man are unacceptable.

Suicide King is a legit tough guy, and I'd like to hear his take on this incident.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Dude could have stopped this at any time by getting in his car and driving away. Instead he wanted to throw hands and ended up getting his ass kicked.

I don't blame the other guys one bit for defending their friend,
    but the kicks to the head of a defenseless man are unacceptable.

Suicide King is a legit tough guy, and I'd like to hear his take on this incident.

Fuck no. If I needed my buddy to help me out with a 50 year old man when I was 21, then I'm a pussy, my friend is a pussy, and we should both go shoot ourselves in the head. If you square up with a guy, your friends are there simply to provide backup if someone else jumps in, or to stop the guy from going excessive if you're knocked the fuck out, like they did on him. Otherwise, if your friend bites off more than he can chew, it's a lesson for him to learn on his own.

About the only thing I can say for any of them is that at least they actually fought and didn't start shooting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

I don't blame the other guys one bit for defending their friend,
    but the kicks to the head of a defenseless man are unacceptable.

Fuck no. If I needed my buddy to help me out with a 50 year old man when I was 21, then I'm a pussy, my friend is a pussy, and we should both go shoot ourselves in the head. If you square up with a guy, your friends are there simply to provide backup if someone else jumps in, or to stop the guy from going excessive if you're knocked the fuck out, like they did on him. Otherwise, if your friend bites off more than he can chew, it's a lesson for him to learn on his own.

About the only thing I can say for any of them is that at least they actually fought and didn't start shooting.

I'm glad I'm not your friend. If one guy picks a fight with my buddy I'm gonna do my best to make sure my friend is free rolling in the fight, it's 1 on 1 until the other guy gets an edge, then I'm stepping in 100% of the time. Of course I would never take it to the lengths those fuckers did, I'd just be sure the fight stopped and my pal walked away fine.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

I'm glad I'm not your friend. If one guy picks a fight with my buddy I'm gonna do my best to make sure my friend is free rolling in the fight, it's 1 on 1 until the other guy gets an edge, then I'm stepping in 100% of the time. Of course I would never take it to the lengths those fuckers did, I'd just be sure the fight stopped and my pal walked away fine.

You wouldn't be my friend if you needed me to protect you from a 50 year old man when you're in the prime of your youth. Big distinction, if my buddy started a fight and was in imminent danger of getting jumped, I'm with him, even if it's 50 against us 2, but jumping on a 50 year old man because your 21 year old friend can't handle them is ghetto trash behavior. And where did you get picked a fight? Unless I missed something, the Mexican felt brave with his buddies behind him and assumed a fighting stance. We have no idea what transpired before that from the video. I'll watch again and see if I'm wrong.

Load Metric

You wouldn't be my friend if you needed me to protect you from a 50 year old man when you're in the prime of your youth. Big distinction, if my buddy started a fight and was in imminent danger of getting jumped, I'm with him, even if it's 50 against us 2, but jumping on a 50 year old man because your 21 year old friend can't handle them is ghetto trash behavior. And where did you get picked a fight? Unless I missed something, the Mexican felt brave with his buddies behind him and assumed a fighting stance. We have no idea what transpired before that from the video. I'll watch again and see if I'm wrong.
    you pick your friends based on how well they would do in a fight vs a 50 year old friend? I've never really used that criteria, who I choose to spend time with isnt really effected by how tough they are. I have a lot of friends who would get fucked up by that 50 year old dude although I will say I don't have a single friend that would wind up in a fight over a road rage incident. I'm just saying if any incident comes up and my friend is in a fight, I won't let him get hurt.

Load Metric

you pick your friends based on how well they would do in a fight vs a 50 year old friend? I've never really used that criteria, who I choose to spend time with isnt really effected by how tough they are. I have a lot of friends who would get fucked up by that 50 year old dude although I will say I don't have a single friend that would wind up in a fight over a road rage incident. I'm just saying if any incident comes up and my friend is in a fight, I won't let him get hurt.

But if you did, you should let him fight his own battle. Like I said, you're there to make sure the other guy doesn't go excessive, but the other guy was simply besting him. That's his battle. If the other guy started kicking him when down, I'm in, but that's not what happened here. I'm the most loyal fucker around, loyal enough to let my friends learn their own lessons if they act an ass. We aren't that far apart in opinion, just semantics.

Load Metric

But if you did, you should let him fight his own battle. Like I said, you're there to make sure the other guy doesn't go excessive, but the other guy was simply besting him. That's his battle. If the other guy started kicking him when down, I'm in, but that's not what happened here. I'm the most loyal fucker around, loyal enough to let my friends learn their own lessons if they act an ass. We aren't that far apart in opinion, just semantics.

probably true regarding the incident and I agree, definitely not true when considering what is important when choosing a friend.

Load Metric
    BCR is right here. If you square up with someone and are fighting one on one then it should stay a fair fight... If the other guys boys jump in then it's on, but once both guys square up and start fighting and the fight is fair your only job as a friend is to stop the fight when it is over so your buddy doesn't get hurt.

It's very faggot to get in a fight because you know your on a freeroll with your friends there..

Oh and opening a fight with a front kick has never worked ever, in the history of street fights or front kicks.

Load Metric

probably true regarding the incident and I agree, definitely not true when considering what is important when choosing a friend.

I could have phrased it better. What I meant was, I wouldn't have a friend who expected me to fight their battles for them, not that I choose my friends on how well they could fight against a random 50 year old man. No friend of mine expects me to freeroll their false machismo or they wouldn't be my friend. I wouldn't let them get seriously hurt, but I'd certainly let them take a well deserved ass kicking.

Load Metric

I could have phrased it better. What I meant was, I wouldn't have a friend who expected me to fight their battles for them, not that I choose my friends on how well they could fight against a random 50 year old man. No friend of mine expects me to freeroll their false machismo or they wouldn't be my friend. I wouldn't let them get seriously hurt, but I'd certainly let them take a well deserved ass kicking.
    ah, agreed totally then. I dont want friends around me who get into fights at all and I certainly wouldnt want friends who fight guys expecting their pal to help out if the going gets rough (even though I would). I've got a couple of very very tough friends, two guys are professional fighters and over the years which includes a whole lot of booze and partying there has rarely been an incident. One story does fit in with your perspective on things. My roomie at the time and best pal (Trevor Smandych, fought on the first contender asia series) and I took his just turned 18 year old brother out to the bars. His brother was pulling the tough guy routine knowing Trevor was there and Trevor was no happy about it, eventually the younger bro did go outside and get in a fight with a guy, Trevor refused to step in feeling that his brother needed to learn a lesson. Of course when the beat down got out of hand we split everyone up and his little bro never pulled that bs again.

For all you UFC fans my other pal is Nick Ring, not an elite level UFC guy but he's picked up a few wins with the UFC and is fighting in the undercard here in Calgary in July. He is about as good a guy as you'll ever meet so if you tune into the prelims, cheer hard for him. Here's a little story about something that happened recently involving Nick and shows what kind of dude he is...

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...583/story.html

Load Metric
    Your buddy Nick made national news down here; I caught that story when it happened. Solid move by him. I've never seen a UFC fighter in a street fight, I have to imagine it's a one man wrecking crew. I've seen 140lb boxers tear up big guys in a bar, so I can only imagine what a 185lb MMA fighter could do in that environment. Too bad it was such a large group that seemed to disperse quickly, it would have been fun if it was only 2 or 3 punks and he had some time with them.

Load Metric
    Your buddy Nick made national news down here; I caught that story when it happened. Solid move by him. I've never seen a UFC fighter in a street fight, I have to imagine it's a one man wrecking crew. I've seen 140lb boxers tear up big guys in a bar, so I can only imagine what a 185lb MMA fighter could do in that environment. Too bad it was such a large group that seemed to disperse quickly, it would have been fun if it was only 2 or 3 punks and he had some time with them.
    I'm not entirely sure how Nick would perform in a bar fight, obviously very well but I think a super high level boxer or muay thai fighter like Trevor would light guys up more quickly. Nick also walks around at a very lean 205lbs. Nick has good muay thai but only from the clinch, not sure how often or long a clinch would last before someone jumped in? His boxing is his weakness and I think thats the number 1 most important skill in a bar fight. Im not an expert on it but someone who can punch hard and accurate in combos is going to destroy bar tough guys quicker than anyone else. Nick has super high level BJJ but it seems pretty unlikely that would ever come in handy in a bar fight. Here's another story about Nick from his younger days when he strictly fought Muay Thai. A big group of us were out at a night club and one of the muay thai fighters with us was beaking at everyone, looking to start trouble and just being a fucking dick. This wasnt a one off for him either, he was always an asshole but because he trained he wound up out with us more often than anyone would have liked. On the dance floor some random guy argued back and the fighter started beating on him, Nick was already totally fed up with this guy so as soon as he started roughing this guy up Nick grabbed him in a Muay Thai Plum, pulled his head down and KO'd him with a perfectly delivered knee to the face.

Nick was on a season of TUF awhile back, he actually beat the guy that won it (Court McGee) but pulled out due to injury. Court got back into the season and ended up winning it. Nick is fighting Court again on the Calgary prelims, I think the loser of that fight will be done with the promotion. Court seemed like a pretty cool dude as well, recovering crack addict who worked his way into the UFC, impressive.

Load Metric
    His nickname is god awful bro

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    THIS RIGHT HERE

THAT IS LITERALLY THE WORST NICKNAME I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well it's a known given that blacks and hispanics don't care for each other...In Florida you can carry a gun for protection...Not a good idea in Cally as people tend to be on the crazy side...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    His nickname was the scorpion for most of his career but the UFC made him change it as there already is a scorpion. He then wanted to go with Nick 'Broken Promises' Ring. This was because he has been on the UFC radar for years and actually was on the Pride roster when they fell apart but he always got hurt or fucked something up and never has quite lived up to his hype, now he's a bit past his prime so he figured broken promises was hilarious. UFC said no, he got lazy and went with the promise. Shitty name and he knows it.

Thread Information