Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ****Official U.S. Open at Erin Hills thread*****

Platinum
    Load Metric

****Official U.S. Open at Erin Hills thread*****

Per BCR's request.....I was going to do this a few days ago but didn't seem like anyone was interested.

I still have Kaymer (66-1), Reed (20-1 after day 1) Koepka (11-1 after day 1) Justin Thomas (33-1) in the running.

It is a complete mess of a leaderboard as pretty much all of the top players in the world missed the cut or are pretty much out of it, except for Fowler.

The course has been pretty much a a pushover for US Open standards, with giant huge wide fairways and soft conditions. There really is nothing outside tricking it up that is going to stop more great scores on the weekend.

Inch of rain last night, scores should be low. Again.

First one to -15 wins probably.

Load Metric
    Course would have suited Mickelson perfectly. It's a shame he missed it. What kind of fucking school has a graduation ceremony on Thursday morning in Mid June?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Mickelson's ship has sailed. We will hear this same old "Can Phil do it!?" story for the next 18 majors until he turns 50. And probably still after that. He can't beat out all the young guns anymore, especially at a major. Great story for the next 5 years that won't ever end well for Lefty.

Was a good run. Probably would have had 10 instead of 5 if Tiger wasn't around.

I have no doubt he will completely dominate the Senior Tour in a few years, since Tiger won't be around.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    'we have 156 of the best players in the world playing here, if you can't hit the 50 yard wide fairways you don't deserve to be playing in a US Open...'

78 in the first round...and cut after the 2nd...maybe good ol' rory needs 75 yard wide fairways...

side note this course may be very nice, but this aint a US open...they should be grinding out pars not throwing darts into par 5s...distance doesn't bother these guys until you get the courses up to 8000+ yards...theyre throwing in 6-7 irons into 500+ yard par 4s...yes the weather has helped, but this is Wisconsin...tough to think that in june you're gonna get a lot of 90+ degree days to totally torch the course and make the greens crusty like a US Open usually has...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    'we have 156 of the best players in the world playing here, if you can't hit the 50 yard wide fairways you don't deserve to be playing in a US Open...'

78 in the first round...and cut after the 2nd...maybe good ol' rory needs 75 yard wide fairways...
    $200 million in the bank; not had for a bored 28 year old

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: He Has Plenty Of Time To Play XBox This Weekend Rep
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

$200 million in the bank; not had for a bored 28 year old
    LOL yeah he probably should turn down on the trash talk to elkington after badly missing the cut at an open that should set up fantastically for him...

Platinum
    Load Metric

side note this course may be very nice, but this aint a US open...they should be grinding out pars not throwing darts into par 5s...distance doesn't bother these guys until you get the courses up to 8000+ yards...theyre throwing in 6-7 irons into 500+ yard par 4s...yes the weather has helped, but this is Wisconsin...tough to think that in june you're gonna get a lot of 90+ degree days to totally torch the course and make the greens crusty like a US Open usually has...
    You just aren't going to come back from injury and win or even compete in a US Open as the first test. Rory was fools gold from jump street.

Yeah I am not a fan of this type of course for a US Open. (I actually don't like these types of courses in general.....but I digress) Someone said after Thursday that it is more like a British Open and they could not have been more right. All the greenside rolloffs and shaved slopes would be great if this was played across the pond in another month, but it is literally the opposite of what a US Open setup should be. The leaderboard shows it, it is literally anyone's tourney to win.....instead of having the cream rise to the top.

Load Metric
    Would love to see Brian Harman win it. I remember when he won the U.S Junior Amateur in 03 and he was just so far ahead of the curve then against the rest of us.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

You just aren't going to come back from injury and win or even compete in a US Open as the first test. Rory was fools gold from jump street.

Yeah I am not a fan of this type of course for a US Open. (I actually don't like these types of courses in general.....but I digress) Someone said after Thursday that it is more like a British Open and they could not have been more right. All the greenside rolloffs and shaved slopes would be great if this was played across the pond in another month, but it is literally the opposite of what a US Open setup should be. The leaderboard shows it, it is literally anyone's tourney to win.....instead of having the cream rise to the top.
    couldn't agree more...we have what 20-30 weeks of regular golf and usually 2 to 3 majors that are set up where these guys can let 'er rip...this is our fucking open...I want to see guys who have to put their drives on a dime in the fairway and be hugely precise with iron shots into greens that will penalize you if you miss, but reward you handsomely if you hit...and to think they actually made the penalty for missing the fairway LESS because pussies like kevin na bitched about it...I mean fuck these fairways are fucking wider than most tour stops for Christ sakes...if you keep missing, fuck you, go home...

was talking with my dad who watches golf almost every week and even he was like, 'who the fuck are these guys' when talking about the leaderboard...thought that was pretty telling...

Load Metric

Yup, doesn't have the feel of a US Open the same way Chambers Bay didn't in 2015. The US Open course selection has been shit lately.

Shinnecock, Congressional, Merion, Pinehurst, Bethpage are US open courses...not Erin Hills.

I am looking forward to the Open in 2022 because it's being played at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Does anybody else agree that FOX broadcasting the US Open is fucking the worst idea ever?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Does anybody else agree that FOX broadcasting the US Open is fucking the worst idea ever?
    I don't know man...holly sonders...I can get behind that idea in more ways than one...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post

Yup, doesn't have the feel of a US Open the same way Chambers Bay didn't in 2015. The US Open course selection has been shit lately.

Shinnecock, Congressional, Merion, Pinehurst, Bethpage are US open courses...not Erin Hills.

I am looking forward to the Open in 2022 because it's being played at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
    yeah next year they're gonna be back to having the course winning a lot of the battles...think it was an open (not a pga) in the 90s or something where they actively had to water one of the par 3s in between groups because the guys had no shot at holding shots onto it...that's a little excessive on the setup, but the right idea for our open...

Load Metric
    I don't know man...holly sonders...I can get behind that idea in more ways than one...
    Don't get me wrong this is 1000x better than the last few years. At least they are making improvements.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Fox coverage has started at 11am everyday so they can cover every major as far as I am concerned.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Don't get me wrong this is 1000x better than the last few years. At least they are making improvements.
    the biggest improvement would be shitcanning joe fucking buck from the coverage...we get it fox, you paid him some outlandish sum of money and want to drain all you can outta him...but fuck let him do a shitton of MLB and NFL...don't need him fucking up any of the golf coverage even if it is just for a minute here and there...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    and this thread needs this...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  140.7 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    REED COMIN

Platinum
    Load Metric
    man koepka is a beast of a dude...jesus...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If the leaders don't come out FIRING this field is going to lap them. Birdies everywhere. 30 players within 5 shots of the lead and growing.

Thread Information