Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: ***Official Micheal/One Step/Matos/Larry WSOP Stake Thread***

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Sorry for the delay in the trip report but after getting on the greyhound my phone died and I barely survived. Suffice to say that if I had ended up going deep in the wsop event it would have been worth it but otherwise it was hell.

Anyways I made it to vegas and checked into the Flamingo with some comps Sunday night. I went for the upgrade package which was not worth it. They put me on one of the top 2 floors. The room was slightly nicer than a regular room with a sofa and a ‘view’ of the High Roller Wheel. There was of course one huge problem with the room, which was that there was no wifi. So I managed to get them to remove upgrade fee and half of the resort fee when I switched to room with wifi. This new room still had its issues of course. Apparently an edc-er who had stayed here before had kicked in the faucet in the tub so maintenance came in put a new one in.

I put my near busto vegas poker grinder friend up with me in the new room and in exchange he’s driving me around the city and running errands like getting healthy snacks the night before the tournament I played at Smiths. He was staying in an rv but figured the room would be nicer with the 110 degree heat.There was also no fridge for the groceries I had gotten so another guy came up and brought one but it didn’t work. I also asked for an extension cord and he came back with one from lost and found telling us to keep it and asking for a tip lol. He got 4 bucks for the broken fridge and extensions cord. All the groceries went in the sink with ice overnight and in the morning we grabbed a fridge from the hallway that was working.

I had a good nights sleep and in the morning I got up early did a bit of cardio in the gym hit the diamond spa at flamingo’s which I must say is the one nice part of this whole dump and was ready to take on the tournament.

Drexel brought the money and registered me at the cage and I was seated at my table. The table started out pretty great and after about 3 levels we already had a couple knock outs and I had increased my stack from a starting stack size of 7.5k to 12.5k. I hit trip deuces and deuces full in the first two levels to scoop some good pots and then had 456 suited and completely whiffed. Later on a co-owner of the Lakers was seated at my table as well as Bonomo. Justin sucked out on me hitting a pretty dead spade flush draw on the river against the queen high straight I made on 6th. I started the hand with a live diamond draw and ended up making a straight draw and amazingly only saw one other diamond come out (none hit me). That was a huge pot with five people involved going into 6th street and I would have been I also lost a hand when I had kings up in 4 and lost to runner runner aces up and another where i hit trip deuces in 4 and lost to a guy spiking the 5 for trip fives.

I was down to less than 2k chips and the limits at level 4 were 250-500. I survived my first two all ins and came back to around 5k in chips. Beat lakers owner for a scoop with 3-pair vs aces to get some chips back. Now its level 5 and the limits are 300-600. I look down at wired aces with a deuce on top. I’m the bring-in. Lady next to me completes an 8 guy next to her with a J raises, folds to me and I 3-bet she 4 bets and i call. 4th street I catch a 2, she catches a J and he catches a 2. On 4th street I bet out, she raises, he calls, I 3-bet, she 4-bets and I cap, J2 calls. 5th street I catch a 6, she catches a J and he catches an 8 lol. So I’m pretty sure I’m not up against rolled up (I wasn’t), and I lead out for my last full bet and they both call. On 6th street she catches a 9, I forget what Jack catches but it wasn’t a pair or any suited card I caught a King. I put out my last bet they both call. On the river she bets out, he folds. She of course hits the ten on the river for the gutterball and i only improve to aces and kings so that was it.

I said gg, picked up my backpack and went with my busto friend to goldcoast for a meal at ping-pang-pong and some very mild -ev gambling in the pit. I put 20$ on roulette numbers and missed, broke even in craps and won 30$ in Blackjack, playing each for less than 10 minutes. After eating I got roped into helping him clean out his car for a lol craigslist gig tomorrow shuttling people in his old SUV for some ghetto hoover dam tours. I guess that was my penance for busting the tournament early. Anyway I will try and get some pics but my phone is not cooperating right now as it is a 3-year old model and on its way out so I’m typing this report up from the room on my laptop. I will detail more the rest of the trip and poker hands when I can.

I might try and play some sattys to the 3k horse tomorrow since I could probably extend my trip through the weekend (when it seems like they will have the no-fly list shit figured out) and I have gone deep in horse tourneys online and live before including a heads up chop at the orleans horse tourney (I’ve played that one a few times lol).

GL to all the rest of the competitors and I’ll see you guys at the meetup tomorrow.

Comments

Sheesfaced: TID & Trip report rep.

big dick: GL
    Last edited by matos; 06-21-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Load Metric
    matos, it sounds like you played great, man. Just regular tourney variance, but it sounds like you did the right things, healhy food, good night rests, dbld up a couple of times, and played really well. Awesome job bud, hopefully you kick a little ass in the cash games and sattys

Load Metric
    OSA, arent you playing today? 11 am PST?

Load Metric
    OSA - where the fuck is the TR? It should at least be semi-live.

Load Metric
    Michael - did you get the funds yet? Did you register? Do an Agreement with Drexel?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Michael - did you get the funds yet? Did you register? Do an Agreement with Drexel?
    Think we're registering in a few hrs or so, and might rail step while we're here.

Contract signed, and the particulars discussed, i.e. update procedure and all

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Think we're registering in a few hrs or so, and might rail step while we're here.

Contract signed, and the particulars discussed, i.e. update procedure and all

Do you know if step got the money?

Load Metric
    Just called Step, he's on his way, and sounds in good spirits

Banned
    Load Metric
    MICHAEL !!!

YOU HEAR ME HILLBILLY BOY ??

PLAY YOUR GAME !

(word of advice: while you're playing the event.....don't think about being staked....just play the best you can...if you worry about being backed, it will cripple your ability to play your A game)

just PLAY

once you sit at the table with your chips....

BE MICHAEL

you are the O8 master

rooting for you man

Comments

michael: Thanks, Tyde! You are the man

Load Metric
    anyone with mrobotupdates?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    anyone with mrobotupdates?
    he plays tomorrow

Or are you looking for updates on his condition after being awake for 30 hrs straight?

Comments

sonatine: for some reason i thought he was playing today.

Load Metric
    ok. It's Friday. I leave on monday and i'll be in vegas before lunch time.

a lot of fun things have been happening out there, and i'm stoked to get into it.

There is a plan to hopefully meet up with Michael on monday if his plane doesn't leave at 6 am (he thinks it leaves at 6pm)

I think someone already shipped beer/milkshake money?

GL today Michael.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    so is OSA taking his winnings and parlaying it into a wsop event today?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    so is OSA taking his winnings and parlaying it into a wsop event today?
    Gave a homeless dude $10 On snap. It's in that one thread

Comments

IamGreek: This will come back to you 500,000 fold kind Sir

Load Metric
    So Michael, you just experienced some of the hottest weather Vegas has ever experienced.

How did that compare to an average summer day in Florida?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    So Michael, you just experienced some of the hottest weather Vegas has ever experienced.

A million times worse in Vegas. I don't understand how the homeless live out here. When I got off the plane at 9pm and that dry heat hot me I was like oh shit. Just dry hell, like you can breathe it in your lungs. Hot florida at least has some humidity

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

A million times worse in Vegas. I don't understand how the homeless live out here. When I got off the plane at 9pm and that dry heat hot me I was like oh shit. Just dry hell, like you can breathe it in your lungs. Hot florida at least has some humidity

They literally retreat into the catacombs/sewers. Not a reverse pick, this actually happens. There is an entire sub-city who lives in the fucking concrete caves under Las Vegas.

Comments

michael: Jesus
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information