Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agreement reached with 2+2 and Mason Malmuth

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Agreement reached with 2+2 and Mason Malmuth

As many of you know, I found an e-mail on May 26 (sent on March 31 to a rarely-used e-mail account) from Mason Malmuth's lawyer, demanding I remove "2+2 content".

The letter was asking for me to remove all copy/pasted posts on PokerFraudAlert which originated on 2+2.

While I originally offered to do this going forward, I later thought better of it, and felt that doing so would make it more difficult for PokerFraudAlert to disseminate information regarding scams and frauds in poker.

For the past 3 weeks, I have been in contact with Mason's lawyer in an attempt to come up with a solution which was fair and equitable to both sites.

I am happy to announce that we were able to come up with a fair, common-sense solution which has made both sides feel satisfied that our interests were being protected.

The following has been agreed upon:

- TwoPlusTwo will no longer object to copy and pasting single posts to PokerFraudAlert, provided that the posts being copy/pasted involve scams, scandals, or frauds in poker.

- PokerFraudAlert agrees not to reproduce entire threads or back-and-forth conversations between posters on 2+2.

- PokerFraudAlert agrees to place a link back to the 2+2 thread when anything is copy/pasted here. (I was already doing this, anyway.)

- TwoPlusTwo makes the same agreement about PokerFraudAlert. PokerFraudAlert posts (including my own) may be copy/pasted to TwoPlusTwo, provided it's about scams/scandals/frauds, and may not contain back-and-forth conversations reproduced. A link will also be posted back to PokerFraudAlert.

- Both sites agree to notify the other if any posts are found violating the above agreements, and such posts will be removed.

- This agreement only involves posts going forward. Old posts will not be edited.

I feel that this is very reasonable solution, as it allows PokerFraudAlert to continue copy/pasting scam-related 2+2 posts for separate analysis and discussion over here, while not attempting to replace or duplicate the original 2+2 thread.

I plan upon fully sticking to this agreement, and I strongly ask all users on PokerFraudAlert to follow it, as well.

In addition, during the discussions, we delved into why Mason and I have had longstanding issues with one another. We came to the conclusion that these issues are several years old and not worth continuing any sort of animosity or grudge toward one another. We also recognized that we do have some common ground -- that both of us run sites which frequently expose and discuss scams in the poker community. It was also acknowledged that I was a good poster during my time on 2+2, and that I contributed valuable input to the various discussions there.

With that in mind, Mason and I have agreed to put our differences behind us. I will be unbanned on 2+2, and we will treat each other respectfully going forward.

Since this is a free speech forum, I am not planning upon censoring people here. Everyone is still welcome to express their opinions of Mason and 2+2, and that won't be changing. Similarly, TwoPlusTwo users are still welcome to express their opinions about me and PFA, and I will not be attempting to stop that (nor would I want to).

However, I am being honest when I state that I bear no animosity toward 2+2, and hope our two sites can operate alongside one another in peace.

Finally, I wanted to say something about Mason's tennis charity. You guys know that I am always honest when I spot any kind of fraud or scam, and never hold back my true opinion. While I understood everyone's concern given the charity's tax returns which were found online, I honestly believe Mason's explanation that these were simply tax form errors. While I have criticized Mason for many things over the years, I have never believed he was a scammer or a dishonest person. It simply would not make sense for Mason to set up a phony charity and break federal law, simply to save a few thousand per year in taxes. My opinion is that Mason's tennis charity is legitimate, and this entire controversy was spawned by incorrectly filed paperwork by his accountant.

While this situation has been somewhat stressful, it looks like some good has come out of it. I hope everyone can see that both sides are being fair to one another, and we can put this matter behind us.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Well done! Time to get back to the tables!

Daniel72: Happy Ending

nunbeater: FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING SELLOUT

Shizzmoney: good fuck Mason

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As many of you know, I found an e-mail on May 26 (sent on March 31 to a rarely-used e-mail account) from Mason Malmuth's lawyer, demanding I remove "2+2 content".

The letter was asking for me to remove all copy/pasted posts on PokerFraudAlert which originated on 2+2.

While I originally offered to do this going forward, I later thought better of it, and felt that doing so would make it more difficult for PokerFraudAlert to disseminate information regarding scams and frauds in poker.

For the past 3 weeks, I have been in contact with Mason's lawyer in an attempt to come up with a solution which was fair and equitable to both sites.

I am happy to announce that we were able to come up with a fair, common-sense solution which has made both sides feel satisfied that our interests were being protected.

The following has been agreed upon:

- TwoPlusTwo will no longer object to copy and pasting single posts to PokerFraudAlert, provided that the posts being copy/pasted involve scams, scandals, or frauds in poker.

- PokerFraudAlert agrees not to reproduce entire threads or back-and-forth conversations between posters on 2+2.

- PokerFraudAlert agrees to place a link back to the 2+2 thread when anything is copy/pasted here. (I was already doing this, anyway.)

- TwoPlusTwo makes the same agreement about PokerFraudAlert. PokerFraudAlert posts (including my own) may be copy/pasted to TwoPlusTwo, provided it's about scams/scandals/frauds, and may not contain back-and-forth conversations reproduced.

- Both sites agree to notify the other if any posts are found violating the above agreements, and such posts will be removed.

- This agreement only involves posts going forward. Old posts will not be edited.

I feel that this is very reasonable solution, as it allows PokerFraudAlert to continue copy/pasting scam-related 2+2 posts for separate analysis and discussion over here, while not attempting to replace or duplicate the original 2+2 thread.

I plan upon fully sticking to this agreement, and I strongly ask all users on PokerFraudAlert to follow it, as well.

In addition, during the discussions, we delved into why Mason and I have had longstanding issues with one another. We came to the conclusion that these issues are several years old and not worth continuing any sort of animosity or grudge toward one another. We also recognized that we do have some common ground -- that both of us run sites which frequently expose and discuss scams in the poker community. It was also acknowledged that I was a good poster during my time on 2+2, and that I contributed valuable input to the various discussions there.

With that in mind, Mason and I have agreed to put our differences behind us. I will be unbanned on 2+2, and we will treat each other respectfully going forward.

Since this is a free speech forum, I am not planning upon censoring people here. Everyone is still welcome to express their opinions of Mason and 2+2, and that won't be changing. Similarly, TwoPlusTwo users are still welcome to express their opinions about me and PFA, and I will not be attempting to stop that (nor would I want to).

However, I am being honest when I state that I bear no animosity toward 2+2, and hope our two sites can operate alongside one another in peace.

Finally, I wanted to say something about Mason's tennis charity. You guys know that I am always honest when I spot any kind of fraud or scam, and never hold back my true opinion. While I understood everyone's concern given the charity's tax returns which were found online, I honestly believe Mason's explanation that these were simply tax form errors. While I have criticized Mason for many things over the years, I have never believed he was a scammer or a dishonest person. It simply would not make sense for Mason to set up a phony charity and break federal law, simply to save a few thousand per year in taxes. My opinion is that Mason's tennis charity is legitimate, and this entire controversy was spawned by incorrectly filed paperwork by his accountant.

While this situation has been somewhat stressful, it looks like some good has come out of it. I hope everyone can see that both sides are being fair to one another, and we can put this matter behind us.

Name:  IMG_0864.PNG
Views: 602
Size:  2.15 MB

Comments

LarryLaffer: S A V A G E A S F U C K

Tellafriend: timely

Lord of the Fraud: YES FELLA!!

Al from Cheers: zinger

Tegnation22: Lol

unchainedghost: love

The Shrink: Got heem

nunbeater: greatest 1st response ever

Wiganer: HOF

Load Metric
    Ummm.......Can you ask them to let me, and crow, and belly buster back as well?

edit:

but for real. we got banned as well for sticking up for you
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  This-is-serious-business.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  33.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_3414.GIF
Views: 659
Size:  68.9 KB

In all seriousness glad that this is settled and not something you need to waste time and money on Druff.

Load Metric

Comments

limitles: out loud

Load Metric
    Hey Druff

Name:  IMG_0042.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  101.4 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Glad things worked out. I think you had a much stronger case than what he did.

Still wish it would have went to court and you would have stuck it to Mason.

#TwoPlusTwoAlert #TPTA

Load Metric
    Cut through all the yada and the only thing that's changed from 3 weeks ago is that Druff is now unbanned from that wretched site.

asyouwere
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Hey Druff

Nice troll post, as always.

And nice Kessler pic. I may grab that for a : thing here.

But the good thing here is that nobody lost.

This is a very fair agreement, and very little is changing. PFA can copy/paste 2+2 scam-related posts, and Mason can rest assured that we aren't going to duplicate conversations or threads from their forum.

Rules regarding free speech and opinion remain the same here.

Load Metric

If that's the case, why don't you make a generous donation to Mason Malmuth's legitimate tennis charity?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Hey Druff

Nice troll post, as always.

And nice Kessler pic. I may grab that for a : thing here.

But the good thing here is that nobody lost.

This is a very fair agreement, and very little is changing. PFA can copy/paste 2+2 scam-related posts, and Mason can rest assured that we aren't going to duplicate conversations or threads from their forum.

Rules regarding free speech and opinion remain the same here.
    True story- I went to google and searched "mason malmuth creepy" and did an image search. I was going to post here for the lulz the best one I found. Then I saw this, and switched course midstream. Such an easy game
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Druff, are you sure you have Malmuth's agreement?

Remember, you thought you had a deal/understanding once before when you talked only to his attorney, then Malmuth shit-canned that and insisted on something more restrictive.

Also, how long is this agreement good for? And is there a penalty if either side breaches? Is it subject to arbitration if the parties disagree on terms/application?

(It's an old negotiating ploy to have an underling reach a tentative agreement, only to have the ultimate authority insist on added concessions at closing -- aka nibble strategy)

it is clear to me you won the public opinion battle, plus the "agreement" is far short of the restriction Malmuth claimed--so you have a double victory...you get an "attaboy"

re: the taxes - Larry's opening that can of worms proved to be a master stroke imho:

most folks will only remember Malmuth being called out and the stink will stay on him...

a few will accept his explanation of an accounting error -- what they won't understand is that Malmuth caused the accounting error with substandard documentation/instruction to his preparer/inadequate review of the tax returns...

I strongly suspect his documentation of deductions was not up to requirements specified in the Treasury regulations...so if the IRS had the manpower/motivation they could audit/deny the deduction...but the amounts are too small and the IRS is too understaffed right now with auditors skilled enough for the job...so the IRS is unlikely to pull Malmuth's return for audit.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 06-14-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Ummm.......Can you ask them to let me, and crow, and belly buster back as well?

edit:

but for real. we got banned as well for sticking up for you
    nah, I'm good.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am banned on 2+2 for unrelated reasons (non Politically correct posting).

I encourage everyone else to boycott 2+2 on principle. However, I will not hold it against you (or even notice at all) if you choose to post there.

Load Metric
    You should sticky the agreement signed by Mason at the top of PFA and state that you'll take it down in 3 years when you're sure that Mason will continue to keep his end of the deal.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Will mason be making an apology post on 2+2? And stating the terms of the agreement?

Load Metric
    It was also acknowledged that I was a good poster during my time on 2+2, and that I contributed valuable input to the various discussions there.
    On my tombstone I hope it reads: "he was a good poster"

Bronze
    Load Metric
    WTF kind of statement is that by mason? Drop the issue for now? lol

Load Metric
    i still think that charity is a scam.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information