Thread: It's legal in New York City for women to walk around topless

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's legal in New York City for women to walk around topless

I just learned this today.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ess_bowery.php

Today there is record heat in NYC, and someone I know there told me that he saw a hot girl around 25 walking around topless at a subway stop.

I guess that's one of the few good things about the brutally hot summer in NYC.

Of course, if women over 50 start taking advantage of this, they might have to change the law.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Today there is record heat in NYC, and someone I know there told me that he saw a hot girl around 25 walking around topless at a subway stop.

Of course, if women over 50 start taking advantage of this, they might have to change the law.

As a forum vet, you should know, this thread is useless without pics

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  national-go-topless-day-new-york-central-park-11.jpg
Views: 7570
Size:  33.5 KB

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I would bet she has a huge bush...get delaware on the line

Load Metric
    That is freaking amazing, and I had no idea - are you sure this is a real story?

While I was visiting the site, a star of David caught my eye (natural Jew instinct) and I ended up reading this depressing little gem:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...indicted_f.php

Four Indicted For Attempting To Cover Up Orthodox Sex Abuse Case
    By James King Thu., Jun. 21 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Categories: Judaism, Pervert Alert, Religulous

Four Orthodox Jews have been indicted on charges that they attempted to persuade/intimidate witnesses into not testifying in the upcoming trial against "therapist" Nechemya Weberman, who allegedly sexually abused one of his patients for several years, starting when the girl was only 12 years old.

Abraham Rubin, 48, was hit with several charges including four counts of bribing a witness, two counts of tampering with a witness in the fourth degree and one count of coercion in the second degree. Three brothers, Joseph, Jacob and Hertzka Berger, face additional charges for attempting to intimidate the witness -- according to authorities, they threatened to remove the rabbi-issued kosher certification from the witness' restaurant, and Jacob Berger physically went to the business and tore the kosher certificate off the wall.

The indictments are the first stemming from Project Kol Tzedek, a task force set up by the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office aimed at helping sex-crime victims in Brooklyn's Orthodox Jewish Communities to report abuse. According to Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, because of the "insular nature" of Orthodox Jewish communities, and victims who are reluctant to report crimes to secular authorities, this program "goes a long way to address those impediments."

In the case of Rubin, the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office says he offered Weberman's alleged victim and her boyfriend -- who was the "outcry witness" in the case against Weberman -- $500,000 to drop the case. Rubin allegedly offered to get an attorney for the couple who could teach them how to be uncooperative with authorities. Rubin even suggested that the couple flee the country to avoid testifying against Weberman.

The Berger brothers each have been charged with second-degree aggravated harassment for allegedly intimidating the victim. Jacob Berger also faces third-degree criminal mischief for tearing the certificate off the wall.

If convicted, the Bergers each face up to a year in jail. Jacob Berger's looking at up to four years in prison for the criminal mischief charge.

"Intimidation of victims and witnesses in sex abuse cases in the Orthodox community is what has made prosecuting these cases so difficult. Victims were afraid to come forward because they would be threatened and shunned in their communities," Hynes says. "My office spares no effort to conceal and protect the identities of sex crimes victims, regardless of their cultural or religious background. Hopefully, these indictments serve as an example that we will not tolerate individuals who try to interfere with the pursuit of justice."

From Hynes' office:

Victims who call the Project Kol Tzedek hotline, (718)250-3000, are not required to identify themselves. They will speak with a culturally sensitive social worker and a prosecutor from the Sex Crimes Bureau. Prosecutors and social workers are available to meet with victims in a comfortable environment to discuss their cases.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by themuppets View Post

That looks like Liz Stauber.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    That is freaking amazing, and I had no idea - are you sure this is a real story?

While I was visiting the site, a star of David caught my eye (natural Jew instinct) and I ended up reading this depressing little gem:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...indicted_f.php

Four Indicted For Attempting To Cover Up Orthodox Sex Abuse Case
    By James King Thu., Jun. 21 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Categories: Judaism, Pervert Alert, Religulous

Four Orthodox Jews have been indicted on charges that they attempted to persuade/intimidate witnesses into not testifying in the upcoming trial against "therapist" Nechemya Weberman, who allegedly sexually abused one of his patients for several years, starting when the girl was only 12 years old.

Abraham Rubin, 48, was hit with several charges including four counts of bribing a witness, two counts of tampering with a witness in the fourth degree and one count of coercion in the second degree. Three brothers, Joseph, Jacob and Hertzka Berger, face additional charges for attempting to intimidate the witness -- according to authorities, they threatened to remove the rabbi-issued kosher certification from the witness' restaurant, and Jacob Berger physically went to the business and tore the kosher certificate off the wall.

The indictments are the first stemming from Project Kol Tzedek, a task force set up by the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office aimed at helping sex-crime victims in Brooklyn's Orthodox Jewish Communities to report abuse. According to Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, because of the "insular nature" of Orthodox Jewish communities, and victims who are reluctant to report crimes to secular authorities, this program "goes a long way to address those impediments."

In the case of Rubin, the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office says he offered Weberman's alleged victim and her boyfriend -- who was the "outcry witness" in the case against Weberman -- $500,000 to drop the case. Rubin allegedly offered to get an attorney for the couple who could teach them how to be uncooperative with authorities. Rubin even suggested that the couple flee the country to avoid testifying against Weberman.

The Berger brothers each have been charged with second-degree aggravated harassment for allegedly intimidating the victim. Jacob Berger also faces third-degree criminal mischief for tearing the certificate off the wall.

If convicted, the Bergers each face up to a year in jail. Jacob Berger's looking at up to four years in prison for the criminal mischief charge.

"Intimidation of victims and witnesses in sex abuse cases in the Orthodox community is what has made prosecuting these cases so difficult. Victims were afraid to come forward because they would be threatened and shunned in their communities," Hynes says. "My office spares no effort to conceal and protect the identities of sex crimes victims, regardless of their cultural or religious background. Hopefully, these indictments serve as an example that we will not tolerate individuals who try to interfere with the pursuit of justice."

From Hynes' office:

Victims who call the Project Kol Tzedek hotline, (718)250-3000, are not required to identify themselves. They will speak with a culturally sensitive social worker and a prosecutor from the Sex Crimes Bureau. Prosecutors and social workers are available to meet with victims in a comfortable environment to discuss their cases.
    Those fucking assholes are just as bad as the Catholic Church at covering up shit like that.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I feel like most of the women who would take advantage of this, would be ones we would not want to see walking around topless. Unfortunately it seems (in the US at least) by the time most chicks start feeling comfortable with their body, noone else is comfortable with it.

Load Metric
    It's legal in New York City for women to walk around topless
    The only place you'll see boobs generally in NYC would be in the park in the summer. Chicks tanning. And they don't lie out on their backs.

Is it not legal in CA as well? I'd be pretty surprised if if wasn't.

Think of this from a constitutional POV: a woman can take off her top wherever a man can take off his.

Load Metric
    Businesses can still refuse them their business though right? So just because they can walk around topless doesn't mean they can go into a store like that, just as they can refuse men that are topless as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Businesses can still refuse them their business though right? So just because they can walk around topless doesn't mean they can go into a store like that, just as they can refuse men that are topless as well.
    Any business that would refuse a shirtless male can refuse a shirtless female.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

It's been legal in Canada for years, but very few females actually do it here.

Load Metric

It's not just New York, there are other states that have this law, such as Texas. The law says something to the effect of if it starts to create a scene or become a nuisance then the women will be charged with some misdemeanor.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post

It's not just New York, there are other states that have this law, such as Texas. The law says something to the effect of if it starts to create a scene or become a nuisance then the women will be charged with some misdemeanor.
    Perhaps that is TX law, but its very different than NY.

Thread Information