Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: ****OFFICIAL BUY A PIECE OF OSA IN A WSOP EVENT****

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Tuesday morning was the $400 at the Wynn getting only 200 ish players. Play was atrocious. Prolly as bad as Rio if not worse. I busted after trying to make a move on the button with A4hh vs A8off, on a 8 3 4 board with mid pair and nut flush draw.

Immediately head to the Rio for the 2pm Deepstack again. This tourney went a lot better as I drew from the confidence of yesterdays finish.

I kinda lost focus at the table and someone on Grindr wanted to meet up. I left the tourney for about 30-40 minutes to head back to my room and smashed.

Having Jin Yang throw me chips and my super super tight hand selection later in the tourney helped me get 53rd place for $694. Played for about 10 hours.

Getting laid, cashing in this and then having a great dinner at CUT AND getting down to 3 players at my 1500 shootout, I really thought I had a chance at making a deep run, but next there's always next year.

Just like the 1k, I decided to late register for the $235 again, but this time I was looking to double up asap or bustout since Brandon and Bot were gonna play Limit Omaha 8 or better later in the day. I busted out with pocket 10s in BB.

Sitting in the Orleans, playing a game I haven't played in over 7 years. No cash or tourney play in forever and I have probably played 3-4 in my lifetime total. I still don't know how I managed to win, let alone cash.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

jsearles22: Why would you post your full name and home town on here?
    Last edited by OSA; 06-25-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It makes perfect sense why he wouldn't want those details on the forum but since I was genuinely looking out for the both of you... and it went on to work out for the both of you... it is very rude of you to do that to me and I should have been credited off forum. Save your fingers and what's left of my sanity and don't even try to tell me you gave security the killer cross over on your own. I honestly can't even believe you brought that shit up since I was clearly over it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Tuesday morning was the $400 at the Wynn getting only 200 ish players. Play was atrocious. Prolly as bad as Rio if not worse. I busted after trying to make a move on the button with A4hh vs A8off, on a 8 3 4 board with mid pair and nut flush draw.

Immediately head to the Rio for the 2pm Deepstack again. This tourney went a lot better as I drew from the confidence of yesterdays finish.

I kinda lost focus at the table and someone on Grindr wanted to meet up. I left the tourney for about 30-40 minutes to head back to my room and smashed.

Having Jin Yang throw me chips and my super super tight hand selection later in the tourney helped me get 53rd place for $694. Played for about 10 hours.

Name:  20170620_233424.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  3.59 MB

Getting laid, cashing in this and then having a great dinner at CUT AND getting down to 3 players at my 1500 shootout, I really thought I had a chance at making a deep run, but next there's always next year.

Just like the 1k, I decided to late register for the $235 again, but this time I was looking to double up asap or bustout since Brandon and Bot were gonna play Limit Omaha 8 or better later in the day. I busted out with pocket 10s in BB.

Sitting in the Orleans, playing a game I haven't played in over 7 years. No cash or tourney play in forever and I have probably played 3-4 in my lifetime total. I still don't know how I managed to win, let alone cash.
    Great trip report so far.

It was a pleasure backing you in your 1st WSOP event, it's just too bad you couldn't cash like the deepstack or Orleans tournys. Maybe next time.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Bellagio spa was great. Spent 4 hours or so sipping tea, chillin in jacuzzi and steam room, And no, I didn't jerk anyone off there.

I don't know why they charge $120 dollars for a robe, when you can just stuff the one you finished wearing in your bookbag.

Name:  20170621_191146 (1).jpg
Views: 354
Size:  2.74 MB

Ironic before the Omaha tourney, Brandon asks us if we wanna trade percentages like 5-10%, everyone says 5% but I am like 10% since I have no idea how to play this game. They all agree. Rofl.

Also, if you ever play in the Orleans, there's this super cute dealer named Justin. I won't post pic but he was blond and kept pouting his lips after he dealt a card. His entire shift, I don't think I once played a hand, just kept staring at him and smiling.

Here is a pic btw of one of the final tables at the Rio.

Name:  rsz_20170620_205523.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  577.0 KB

Load Metric
    excellent trip report so far Step.

Change your avatar:

Name:  lfq7ftwygzgi5v6g6xto_400x400.jpeg
Views: 327
Size:  32.5 KB
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I was leaving the Hard Rock after smashing my very first ginger. Was a really great time and I picked up a few tricks.

Its now Friday and I have been in Vegas for a week, and the diet and the lack of sleep, is catching up and even since I was offered another stake, I couldn't prolong my trip any longer since I have to meet with my contractor and adjuster on Monday. I also thought to myself that since I am up from tournies I want to leave Vegas ahead instead of renting a room and eating during the busiest days and spend all my profits.

However, I thought to myself, it I get some sort of sign Ill stay.

Later in the day, JackDaniels, Michael, and myself are waiting for Brandon to do something at the Wynn and I explain to these guys how to play video poker machines. They both look at me like I'm nuts and I point to that machine where an Asian woman has been sitting for a good 30 min. I see she hasn't cashed out a ticket and deposit 20 bucks. I hit a few trips without drawing quads until this happens:

Name:  8195.jpeg
Views: 335
Size:  222.5 KB

I cash out for $200 bucks and leave with a smile. This was it. This was the sign that I should have stayed. But I didn't. Who knows what luck I would have had at the tables in the Rio. I guess I will just have to live with that.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Very nice.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This was the longest I have ever stayed in Vegas and by far definitely the best. If you would have told me I would be leaving up with money won in tournaments, video poker and making bank at EDC weekend, I would have been ecstatic.

Huge thanks to Cmoney, Simpdog, Hockeyguy, and Handicapme for taking a chance at a dream we both share. I really thought after we got down to 3, I would be calling Cmoney and Brandon celebrating but I took my shot and I failed. I learned alot about WSOP poker play and can't wait till next year.

Also thanks to all who donated money past and present to my donation threads

Comments

michael: Step is the man

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Solid TR Rep

Load Metric
    This was the longest I have ever stayed in Vegas and by far definitely the best. If you would have told me I would be leaving up with money won in tournaments, video poker and making bank at EDC weekend, I would have been ecstatic.

Huge thanks to Cmoney, Simpdog, Hockeyguy, and Handicapme for taking a chance at a dream we both share. I really thought after we got down to 3, I would be calling Cmoney and Brandon celebrating but I took my shot and I failed. I learned alot about WSOP poker play and can't wait till next year.

Also thanks to all who donated money past and present to my donation threads
    You lived up to your end which is all I could ask for. If you want to play next year, left me know and we will get a schedule with multiple events worked out. GS

Comments

OSA: Ty for your generosity

Load Metric
    I learned alot about WSOP poker play and can't wait till next year.
    Curious, what exactly did you learn about the WSOP in your experience? Learned? You busted, maybe it was the cards, maybe bad play, who knows. But what the fuck did you "learn"? I am just not getting this forum lately. Guy busts and talks about learning as if there was some type of learning experience, its fucking cards. I dunno. I am old school.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    ....must admit, only subbed to this thread for Ken Hordell replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Load Metric
    Ken is just jealous he was too busy vacationing in Perth to head to Vegas during the WSOP.

And also he had 200k + liquid many years ago so what's the point in playing $1500 poker tournaments? Likely up to 1.5 million liquid if he played his cards right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

I don't know what any of that means. OSA just successfully mowed through two stakes in record time. The only tourney he won was the one he placed himself. LOL. He learned something alright.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Ken is just jealous he was too busy vacationing in Perth to head to Vegas during the WSOP.

And also he had 200k + liquid many years ago so what's the point in playing $1500 poker tournaments? Likely up to 1.5 million liquid if he played his cards right.
    I have about $400K liquid now. Does not really matter, the whole ponzie scheme economy is going to erode almost overnight. I presume in 10 years I will be hoarding food and that will be currency.

Comments

SetofKs: so rich

cleatus: if a tanking takes place, you will won't find any food in the sewers to hoard. on the surface you will quickly be cannibalized.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

I don't know what any of that means. OSA just successfully mowed through two stakes in record time. The only tourney he won was the one he placed himself. LOL. He learned something alright.
    I was a 3 outer away from likely going heads up to be able to cash for the 1500 shootout. "Record time"? Dont know what you mean with that. I learned that WSOP tourney play is on a whole other level with no limping and some loose play by people who like to gamble early on. However, the $235 and $400 tournies around town are as soft as baby shit and played in volume with solid strategy you can be profitable in them. I played in 6 tournies and cashed in 2. Had I put more BAPs out on this forum, others would have had a profitable investment. Maybe next year thats what Ill do.

Im sure youll be first in line to invest.

Load Metric
    Ken Hordell is bitter, twisted, and has probably beat up more women than Ronda Rousey.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Yeah, but at least they weren't as big a mismatches.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric

Would stake OSA again next year.

Perhaps next year Step & Michael can put together a bap + hotel package for 2 weeks of wsop play.

Definitely worth the entertainment they provide.

Comments

michael: Yes!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Would stake OSA again next year.

Perhaps next year Step & Michael can put together a bap + hotel package for 2 weeks of wsop play.

Definitely worth the entertainment they provide.
    Projekt:Bot&Step

Load Metric
    Step - any pics of the twink so we can evaluate your success?

Comments

michael: Lolz

OSA: evaluate...riiight ;)

Thread Information