Thread: What do I do here?

Load Metric

What do I do here?

I used a credit card to deposit $200 on America's Cardroom back in February (probably not the best idea) and I got this message from them a week ago, nearly four months after the original deposit:

We hope this email finds you doing well.

We would like to let you know that we received the following transactions as disputed by your financial institution:
    Transaction ID 296xxxxx deposit made 02-06-2017 at 18:32:32 under the card *****99 for the amount 200.35 USD with the merchant name kingsvars pty

$200.35 have been deducted from your poker account to recover part of the funds disputed. At this moment your account has an outstanding balance of $0.

We truly appreciate your cooperation with this matter.

Best Regards,

Santiago
    Americas Cardroom Security Team

So I checked with my wife to make sure she had not disputed the transaction, and she had not. Then I called up the credit card company and asked if the transaction was currently under dispute, and they said it was not. I sent an email back to ACR a few days ago asking for more details on the dispute and they have not replied. In the meantime, they took that deposit back plus another $40 or so that I had won after depositing, leaving my account empty. This was actually my first and only deposit to an online poker site since before Black Friday- I don't get to play much anymore but I thought I would give it a chance.

The problem is, if I now go ahead and dispute the transaction, I wonder if that will jeopardize my ability to ever cash out on ACR if I end up winning some freeroll money there and running it up in the future. So would it be better for me to just try to work it out with ACR? Like I said, it has been several days and they have not replied to my latest email. I haven't tried to call them yet. Will I get anywhere by calling them? Has anyone else here ever had this happen to them before? If I do call them, should I try to demand that they give me all the funds back if they can't produce evidence of the disputed transaction? Is it possible that my credit card company disputed the transaction (more than a week ago) without me knowing, and without the customer service rep being able to see that it was disputed?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj1980 View Post
    I used a credit card to deposit $200 on America's Cardroom back in February (probably not the best idea) and I got this message from them a week ago, nearly four months after the original deposit:

We hope this email finds you doing well.

We would like to let you know that we received the following transactions as disputed by your financial institution:
    Transaction ID 296xxxxx deposit made 02-06-2017 at 18:32:32 under the card *****99 for the amount 200.35 USD with the merchant name kingsvars pty

$200.35 have been deducted from your poker account to recover part of the funds disputed. At this moment your account has an outstanding balance of $0.

We truly appreciate your cooperation with this matter.

Best Regards,

Santiago
    Americas Cardroom Security Team

So I checked with my wife to make sure she had not disputed the transaction, and she had not. Then I called up the credit card company and asked if the transaction was currently under dispute, and they said it was not. I sent an email back to ACR a few days ago asking for more details on the dispute and they have not replied. In the meantime, they took that deposit back plus another $40 or so that I had won after depositing, leaving my account empty. This was actually my first and only deposit to an online poker site since before Black Friday- I don't get to play much anymore but I thought I would give it a chance.

The problem is, if I now go ahead and dispute the transaction, I wonder if that will jeopardize my ability to ever cash out on ACR if I end up winning some freeroll money there and running it up in the future. So would it be better for me to just try to work it out with ACR? Like I said, it has been several days and they have not replied to my latest email. I haven't tried to call them yet. Will I get anywhere by calling them? Has anyone else here ever had this happen to them before? If I do call them, should I try to demand that they give me all the funds back if they can't produce evidence of the disputed transaction? Is it possible that my credit card company disputed the transaction (more than a week ago) without me knowing, and without the customer service rep being able to see that it was disputed?
    Yes, definitely call them, and offer to send them proof that there was no dispute.

You may need some documentation from your credit card company about this.

It's probably just some sort of error on their processor's part.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've used acr for a number of years... Im on global now(plug)..

The c.s. at acr is hapless unless you get a supervisor.

Load Metric
    I called ACR last night and the customer service guy was pretty friendly...he basically said that once ACR flags the transaction as disputed (apparently regardless of whether or not there actually was a dispute), they put the refund into process and I should see the funds refunded to my card within 30 days. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see for now. Obviously I should have used bitcoin or another deposit method. My thinking at the time was, though, that I could try the credit card and if it didn't work it would reject immediately, not four months later. Oh well, no big deal...hopefully I'll see that refund come back soon.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Did you try to deposit with them using a different card at any time that was declined?

Load Metric
    No, that was my first deposit attempt with ACR, and it seemed to work at the time. I feel like many years ago, probably pre-Black Friday, I tried to deposit on a poker site with a credit card and had the transaction decline upfront. But really I haven't done much depositing, if at all, since I was trying to "bonus whore" at PartyPoker in the early 2000's. And then I was probably using Neteller.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Avoid depositing with credit cards at all costs on these sites. Only so many of them will be approved and even the declined ones some internal shady processor or low paid dirty scumbag steals the number and sells it to someone else.

I've had this happen a few times not with ACR but 5dimes, however, I've heard of it happening to people with credit deposits on ACR and several other sites.

Credit card deposits also make you have to send in extra documents when you go to withdrawal including a photo of the credit card you use as well.

ACR accepts bitcoin which is the best option but if that isn't something you want to do then I believe they still have MG/WU deposits where at least you don't have to run into these issues.

Load Metric
    Update...I got my full deposit amount, with fees, credited back to my credit card. Kind of annoying that I played for a few months and in a way they were kind of freerolling me because if I would have won a lot they probably would have confiscated it the same way they took the little bit I did win. But that's fine...lesson learned I guess.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Avoid depositing with credit cards at all costs on these sites. Only so many of them will be approved and even the declined ones some internal shady processor or low paid dirty scumbag steals the number and sells it to someone else.

I've had this happen a few times not with ACR but 5dimes, however, I've heard of it happening to people with credit deposits on ACR and several other sites.

Credit card deposits also make you have to send in extra documents when you go to withdrawal including a photo of the credit card you use as well.

ACR accepts bitcoin which is the best option but if that isn't something you want to do then I believe they still have MG/WU deposits where at least you don't have to run into these issues.

I just realized I have a little over $300 on ACR. I went to cash out through their debit option and they wanted something ridiculous in fees like $50 bucks. Looks like I am going to have to go the bit coin route. Never dealt with bit coins before. Do you have suggestions for bit coin wallets to use?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by clcrew02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

I just realized I have a little over $300 on ACR. I went to cash out through their debit option and they wanted something ridiculous in fees like $50 bucks. Looks like I am going to have to go the bit coin route. Never dealt with bit coins before. Do you have suggestions for bit coin wallets to use?
    blockchain.info

If you want to cash the coin out easily, contact me and I will buy them from you at market rate.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clcrew02 View Post

blockchain.info

If you want to cash the coin out easily, contact me and I will buy them from you at market rate.
    Thanks Druff I'll PM you.

Thread Information