Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOL KATHY GRIFFIN

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I'm confused here. Are you really criticizing Trump for "attacking" Kathy Griffin in this instance?

Clearly Kathy's problems right now are her own doing.

It's also important to note that threats or implied threats against the President of the US has always been a much more serious crime than threats against any other citizen. This has been standard procedure in the US for longer than any of us have been alive.

"B-b-b-but Ted Nugent said kinda threatening stuff about Obama" isn't an excuse here.

Only a complete retard could grow up in America, be in their 50s, and not realize what a big deal it is to threaten or incite violence against the President in any way.

I don't believe anyone was concerned that Kathy Griffin was going to kill Trump, but instead there was the more valid concern that, as a celebrity, she was advocating killing and beheading him. Even if she wasn't seriously advocating it, clearly that picture could be taken the wrong way.

The problem is that the left has worked themselves up into such a frenzy about Trump that they think any action to oppose him is fair game -- even something which would have been deemed 100% unacceptable in the past.

Also, Trump has become a convenient target for those with fading performance careers. Do/say something outrageous about Trump, and people start talking about you again. THAT was the point of Griffin's little display, not any kind of actual protest against Trump's policies or behavior.

This press conference? I'm not sure if it's attention whoring, delusion, or both. But it was very weird and off-putting.

Some of these celebrities honestly believe their careers need to be protected when they attempt something outrageous and it backfires. Remember the Dixie Chicks, who felt that the world owed them continued fandom after they pissed off their fanbase by bashing Bush while performing abroad? That wasn't too much different, though Griffin's actions were worse, as the Dixie Chicks weren't advocating any kind of violence.
    Hasn't Kathy Griffin been roundly criticized by all for this shit? Who is in the defend Kathy Griffin corner?

Conversely, outrageous people on the right like Ted Nugent and Scott Baio get their celebrity rekindled due to incendiary remarks.

I doubt the next Democratic president will have Kathy Griffin in the oval office.
    She has been criticized, but at the same time, I'm still seeing lots of nonsense as "omg what about free speech", "Trump brought this on himself", and "omg conservatives are such snowflakes".

This should be very straightforward.

You don't threaten or incite violence against the President. Period. Doesn't matter who you are, doesn't matter what party you are, doesn't matter how good or bad the President is.

That should be the narrative, but many (especially on the left), are treating Kathy Griffin like a victim.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

But this is exactly what Im talking about; you literally could not come up with a single keystroke to condemn extra-judicial assassinations by an arbitrarily militarized police force but have a whole lot to say about inconveniencing people on freeways.

If conservatives said even in passing that no, our nations streets should not be patrolled by death squads, people would not have to rely on civil disobedience to force attention on the issue.

Also the only people I know of who have had to cancel speaking engagements is a self-described performance artist agitator, an actual nazi, and Ann Coultier.

If you're rolling with them I'm wasting our time, apologies.

I dont "roll" with any of them but i read both sides, take what is valid , and then discard what doesnt make sense.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-...olleges-2016-7

Ben Shapiro is really that dangerous you cant let him speak? Remember, it is the Universities that have invited these people. They didnt just show up.

Again, why does excessive police force justify shutting down a freeway ?

If you force people into a corner, expect a fight.

I would feel perfectly comfortable with condemning acts of civil disobedience if the people committing them werent being killed with impunity and being told that their killers were above the law.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    When cops shoot unarmed black people in the back with impunity, maybe a few freeways need to get shut down.

We seemed to have a big problem with it when it was happening in South Africa, didnt we? But here its business as usual?

William F Buckley would never stop vomiting at what conservatism has become.
    Not to get all DRK Star on you here, but the cops shooting unarmed black people in the back are a few rogue assholes. This is not the norm, and the narrative should be getting away from "protect our own" attitudes within police forces, and rooting out the bad apples. Instead, the narrative has been "all cops are racist" and "black people have become widespread victims of police abuse".

But very few police come out against the "few rogue assholes" and very few of the "few rogue assholes" face any real justice.

And as rare as shootings in the back are, we have learned about these Ferguson type cities where people are getting 50+ citations a year from police for bs. How would you feel if you got 5 jaywalking tickets in a month? I'd go nuts.

It's best to focus on how we police, as opposed to focusing on a few cops that actually get caught on tape. How we police and how we incarcerate are the issues.

Comments

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: druff would waste a lot of time calliing to get the tickets reversed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Not to get all DRK Star on you here, but the cops shooting unarmed black people in the back are a few rogue assholes. This is not the norm, and the narrative should be getting away from "protect our own" attitudes within police forces, and rooting out the bad apples. Instead, the narrative has been "all cops are racist" and "black people have become widespread victims of police abuse".

But very few police come out against the "few rogue assholes" and very few of the "few rogue assholes" face any real justice.

And as rare as shootings in the back are, we have learned about these Ferguson type cities where people are getting 50+ citations a year from police for bs. How would you feel if you got 5 jaywalking tickets in a month? I'd go nuts.

It's best to focus on how we police, as opposed to focusing on a few cops that actually get caught on tape. How we police and how we incarcerate are the issues.

Honestly this, that thin blue line shit is real, and Drk Star's brother isnt the only one who needs to honor his fucking oath.

We have a president who has stoked the fire of the private prison industry, an AG who wants to double down on the war on drugs, and a police force who shoots young black men in the back as they run away.

It's pretty fucking bad.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

I dont "roll" with any of them but i read both sides, take what is valid , and then discard what doesnt make sense.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-...olleges-2016-7

Ben Shapiro is really that dangerous you cant let him speak? Remember, it is the Universities that have invited these people. They didnt just show up.

Again, why does excessive police force justify shutting down a freeway ?

If you force people into a corner, expect a fight.

I would feel perfectly comfortable with condemning acts of civil disobedience if the people committing them werent being killed with impunity and being told that their killers were above the law.
    Fine.

And if you find yourself in the middle of an expressway during rush over expect to get your ass run the fuck over.

Not to say the protest isn't "real".

Load Metric
    That said, fucking LOL @ Kathy Griffin.

Load Metric
    When cops shoot unarmed black people in the back with impunity, maybe a few freeways need to get shut down.

We seemed to have a big problem with it when it was happening in South Africa, didnt we? But here its business as usual?

Exactly. There are shitty cops out there just like there are shitty doctors out there. However, black males are not helping their cause with the disproportionate amount of violent crime they cause compared to other races. Why arent Asian males fucked with?

If cops are so racist against blacks, why is there almost zero fatal incidences with black females? If they are truly racist why would gender matter?
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    That said, fucking LOL @ Kathy Griffin.
    At the end of the day, This.

She had every right to cut his head off. It's America. Good for her.

CNN also has the right to fire her ass over it.

Ted Nugent has the right to want to hang Obama.

His fans have the right to boycott.

Turns out CNN has more credibility than The average Ted Nugent fan..... for now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You realize that the BS citations (which are about money, and not incarceration/safety) are directed by greedy city and county governments, right?

I fully agree that chickenshit citations should be reduced everywhere, but that's a different subject for a different time.

Speaking of policing, you've read about "The Ferguson Effect", right? Basically police have become scared to do their jobs for fear of charges of racism, and crime has risen over the last few years, after 23 straight years of decline. Even many on the streets of these areas have acknowledged that they need to show much less respect to police now than before. The inmates are running the asylum now.

It has been shown that if you concentrate a lot of police officers in troubled areas, and show zero tolerance for crime (large and small), it basically turns everything around, and the atmosphere where crime is the norm disappears.

Anyway, this is kinda hijacking the Griffin thread, so I'll stop.

But bottom line is that it's absolutely never acceptable to block freeways as a form of "protest", and especially not due to dissatisfaction with police policies. That's punishing the citizens for the actions of police.

Platinum
    Load Metric

This guy's controversial as fuck but to hear about certain events w/o a shred of political correctness is interesting. I started a thread a year or two back about the total lack of media coverage of B on W crime.
    Nostradamus noticed it years back, this guy...

A controversial take on the Puerto Rican's in NY. I thought mass sexual assaults was a recent thing in Europe. Nope this is NYC.
    Did you guys know about all the terror attacks on govt offices by Puerto Ricans? Did you know they shot half a dozen congressmen or they tried to kill Truman That's the sort of detail that's easy to miss in the land of PC. This guy is a physicist and taught history at the college level so yea.

Insert red below

Load Metric

You realize that the BS citations (which are about money, and not incarceration/safety) are directed by greedy city and county governments, right?

I fully agree that chickenshit citations should be reduced everywhere, but that's a different subject for a different time.

Speaking of policing, you've read about "The Ferguson Effect", right? Basically police have become scared to do their jobs for fear of charges of racism, and crime has risen over the last few years, after 23 straight years of decline. Even many on the streets of these areas have acknowledged that they need to show much less respect to police now than before. The inmates are running the asylum now.

It has been shown that if you concentrate a lot of police officers in troubled areas, and show zero tolerance for crime (large and small), it basically turns everything around, and the atmosphere where crime is the norm disappears.

Anyway, this is kinda hijacking the Griffin thread, so I'll stop.

But bottom line is that it's absolutely never acceptable to block freeways as a form of "protest", and especially not due to dissatisfaction with police policies. That's punishing the citizens for the actions of police.

There is some iron in these words, and 'black America's' inability to follow through on their civil-rights era commitment to self-police is a huuuuuuge factor to all this, but my bottom line is; when you take that fucking oath, when you put on that badge, when you strap on that gun, you're beholden to more than civilian standards.

And until that reality is reflected properly in both conduct and consequence, we cannot revoke victim cards from legitimate victims.

Comments

Tellafriend: Iron in these words - lol. Love it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also private prisons are a big buzzword for the left to attack the right with charges of institutionalized racism.

However, the truth is that most right-leaning voters (myself included) hate the corrupt private prison system and want to see it dismantled.

Private prisons are more indicative of government corruption than racist ideology.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    Watching Kathy Griffin should remind everyone why most people despise the left wing social elites. Steven Colbert can rail on Trump all he wants, the people that generally vote are not up past 11pm to watch his show.

I had no idea who Kathy Griffin was until this week. I faintly remember seeing her freak out right after Trump won, but I never really have seen her in anything. I watch a lot of movies and stay fairly current on Hollywood stuff and I still had no idea who she was. She is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen. She looks like a female version of Carrot Top.
    Part of her shtick is being less than completely famous. She had a book called My Life on the D List or something like that. she's always been vulgar and sarcastic. Her pic with the Donald's head was not well thought out. Not unique to the left. Ted Nugent threatened to kill both Obama and Hillary.
    HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    Watching Kathy Griffin should remind everyone why most people despise the left wing social elites. Steven Colbert can rail on Trump all he wants, the people that generally vote are not up past 11pm to watch his show.

I had no idea who Kathy Griffin was until this week. I faintly remember seeing her freak out right after Trump won, but I never really have seen her in anything. I watch a lot of movies and stay fairly current on Hollywood stuff and I still had no idea who she was. She is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen. She looks like a female version of Carrot Top.
    Part of her shtick is being less than completely famous. She had a book called My Life on the D List or something like that. she's always been vulgar and sarcastic. Her pic with the Donald's head was not well thought out. Not unique to the left. Ted Nugent threatened to kill both Obama and Hillary.
    Yeah, she definitely engages in self-effacing humor, but often such self-effacing humor is an accurate representation of angst, self-doubt, or frustration.

I legit believe that Griffin realized that she was becoming more irrelevant than ever (and being 56 years old wasn't helping, either), so she decided to jump on the "Let's do something outrageous in protest of Trump" train, and then did something stupid.

The strangest thing is her claimed victimhood now. Just to keep her name in the news?

Load Metric
    Its less strange if you look at her personal history; she forced her husband to work for her for free for years, sacrificing his own career in the process, then dumped him, then painted herself the victim of embezzlement when he taxed their joint account 80k to pay for the work he did.

All of this, btw, happened on her E! TV reality show iirc.

I actually like Kathy Griffin just fine as a comedian but as a person... that old adage about the best comedians being the most fucked up people? Pretty sure it applies here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Yeah, she definitely engages in self-effacing humor, but often such self-effacing humor is an accurate representation of angst, self-doubt, or frustration.

I legit believe that Griffin realized that she was becoming more irrelevant than ever (and being 56 years old wasn't helping, either), so she decided to jump on the "Let's do something outrageous in protest of Trump" train, and then did something stupid.

The strangest thing is her claimed victimhood now. Just to keep her name in the news?
    Damn, she looks much older than 56. Ugly, soulless bitch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DRUFF is the winner of THE THREAD/thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also private prisons are a big buzzword for the left to attack the right with charges of institutionalized racism.

However, the truth is that most right-leaning voters (myself included) hate the corrupt private prison system and want to see it dismantled.

Private prisons are more indicative of government corruption than racist ideology.
    Elite right wing talking points to be sure but every informed person knows you cannot be against corruption and vote Republican. The republican party's core principal is based on legalizing corruption for the 1% and corporations..

But hey that's water under the bridge, maybe I misunderstood. If you mean what you say, there is no other option.
    Name:  BernieNo1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  49.3 KB

Load Metric
    LOL @ the liberals who showed up in this thread to turn in their own personal Kathy Griffin performance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    LOL @ the liberals who showed up in this thread to turn in their own personal Kathy Griffin performance.

I'm guessing this sounded witty in your head

Comments

hongkonger: This

ToasterOven: lol
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Thread Information