Thread: Ideas for auto-respond e-mail to spammers for pokerfraud.com

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ideas for auto-respond e-mail to spammers for pokerfraud.com

Since I registered pokerfraud.com, I am getting tons of spam from obnoxious web developers (some domestic, some abroad) who keep offering me their services.

I get several per day.

My first inclination was just to turn off that e-mail account and bounce them back, but I thought it might be more entertaining to send an auto-respond message to these guys.

Post your ideas for the auto-respond message here.

I don't want anything obscene or threatening, but anything else is basically fair game.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Neverheeb jackoff gif many many times.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Nothing obscene? Why? Damnit.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Newly registered or recent whois changed domains see spam for a couple weeks, it stops almost entirely eventually. No need to do anything, not worth the bother.

Load Metric
    I neglected to enable domain privacy on a new domain recently and my gmail spam folder went from 200'ish to 900'ish within a week and hasnt dropped since.

If you auto-respond, you will end up on a list of 'validated' emails, eg attended live email addresses, at which point you get punted to the 'premium' resale lists.

You done goofed, dont make it worse, and I say that from personal experience.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Have the form letter state that you have a budget of $5,000 and are very interested, but that you only discuss business over the phone. Leave a number that goes straight to voicemail for a Skype or Google account.

In the voicemail prompt, tell them they only get one chance win your business, and have 30 seconds to make their pitch, starting now.

If any messages are particularly funny, play them on radio.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I neglected to enable domain privacy on a new domain recently and my gmail spam folder went from 200'ish to 900'ish within a week and hasnt dropped since.

If you auto-respond, you will end up on a list of 'validated' emails, eg attended live email addresses, at which point you get punted to the 'premium' resale lists.

The e-mail is a forwarder -- pokerfraud@raregamepiece.com.

I don't use it for anything else.

That's why I didn't mind listing it publicly. I can shut it off at any time with no consequence.

I don't want to pay for domain privacy services. I just slap up a PO Box address, the phone number for radio, and a throwaway e-mail, and that's basically the same thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

The e-mail is a forwarder -- pokerfraud@raregamepiece.com.

I don't use it for anything else.

That's why I didn't mind listing it publicly. I can shut it off at any time with no consequence.

I don't want to pay for domain privacy services. I just slap up a PO Box address, the phone number for radio, and a throwaway e-mail, and that's basically the same thing.

Ahhhh nice one. Set up a .forward and pipe it to a random perl script that generates a subtly randomized "Really! Tell me more!" type response.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Spam the spammers.

Find the least believable Nigerian Prince Inherits $20M from father email you can pull from the interwebs, and use that to send out. Set up a script to post any responses/replies in a forum here somewhere and let users have fun with the email addresses.

What could go wrong?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Spam the spammers.

Find the least believable Nigerian Prince Inherits $20M from father email you can pull from the interwebs, and use that to send out. Set up a script to post any responses/replies in a forum here somewhere and let users have fun with the email addresses.

What could go wrong?
    That's not a bad idea. I might do this later tonight.

Load Metric
    Since I registered pokerfraud.com, I am getting tons of spam from obnoxious web developers (some domestic, some abroad) who keep offering me their services.
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  14.1 KB

just kidding

Name:  download.png
Views: 190
Size:  29.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Spam the spammers.

What could go wrong?
    The only possible problem here is the fact that this can be seen as unsolicited spam, and reported to my ISP. So I have to be careful.

It will have to be a clear response, and will have to deviate somewhat from the "Nigerian prince" e-mails. But something along the same lines, more specifically tailored to the web design industry.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hi, this is in response to your e-mail regarding webdesign for my new site, pokerfraud.com.

I'm very interested in potentially hiring you for your services. Before we begin, I would like you to understand my situation.

My father was famed World Series of Poker champion Russ Hamilton, who died recently of AIDS-related complications.

While my father was quite wealthy from his massive poker winnings through online poker, he was unfortunately also a victim of fraud. He lost about $100,000 when playing heads up against Scott Tom, who was running a "superuser" routine to see all of his hole cards.

While $100,000 was just a fraction of my father's bankroll, he vowed to dedicate his life to fighting poker fraud.

When I last saw my father 2 months ago, skinny and frail in his hospital bed, he told me that he was leaving his $23 million fortune to me, and wanted me to earmark $5 million of it to fight fraud in poker.

I am now attempting to honor my father's wishes, and have initially set aside $1 million of it for the design, SEO, and promotion of pokerfraud.com.

We also will be holding a charity tournament soon, where the winner will receive the Russ Hamilton / Howard Lederer Honorary Ethics Trophy, as well as a seat in the $1 million guaranteed Epic Poker freeroll. If your design of pokerfraud.com meets my needs, I can hire you to design and program a site for that, as well.

Please let me know if you are interested and up to the job.

Thanks.

-Mansour Hamilton

Load Metric
    Hi, this is in response to your e-mail regarding webdesign for my new site, pokerfraud.com.

I'm very interested in potentially hiring you for your services. Before we begin, I would like you to understand my situation.

My father was famed World Series of Poker champion Russ Hamilton, who died recently of AIDS-related complications.

While my father was quite wealthy from his massive poker winnings through online poker, he was unfortunately also a victim of fraud. He lost about $100,000 when playing heads up against Scott Tom, who was running a "superuser" routine to see all of his hole cards.

While $100,000 was just a fraction of my father's bankroll, he vowed to dedicate his life to fighting poker fraud.

When I last saw my father 2 months ago, skinny and frail in his hospital bed, he told me that he was leaving his $23 million fortune to me, and wanted me to earmark $5 million of it to fight fraud in poker.

I am now attempting to honor my father's wishes, and have initially set aside $1 million of it for the design, SEO, and promotion of pokerfraud.com.

We also will be holding a charity tournament soon, where the winner will receive the Russ Hamilton / Howard Lederer Honorary Ethics Trophy, as well as a seat in the $1 million guaranteed Epic Poker freeroll. If your design of pokerfraud.com meets my needs, I can hire you to design and program a site for that, as well.

Please let me know if you are interested and up to the job.

Thanks.

-Mansour Hamilton

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information