Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Jewish good deals thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Jewish good deals thread

Post any deals you find online which you think might be of interest to the public.

Can be any product or service in any industry, but please only post things which are likely to interest others here.

Only post verified deals or (legal) tricks. Do NOT post anything illegal, and do not post spam or clickbait sites which purport to have savings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Domino's Pizza is selling large (14") two topping pizzas for $5.99 until tomorrow (5/28).

Carryout only.

Regular price is $7.99.

Yes, I know Domino's sucks, but if you eat there, today or tomorrow is a good day to order a carryout pizza.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Godaddy has become terrible with renewal codes for domain registration. Basically they don't exist.

If you still want to stay with Godaddy, try changing your currency to Indian rupees (INR). You can do this near the top-left of the screen. Change USD to INR.

Then go to google and enter "Indian rupees to USD" and see if the deal is actually better. Sometimes it will be, sometimes it won't be. You can save as much as 20%.

Just make sure to charge it to a card with no foreign transaction fees.

Load Metric
    This site lists all the deals, click on restaurants or fast food:

https://www.eatdrinkdeals.com/restaurant-deals/

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Domino's Pizza is selling large (14") two topping pizzas for $5.99 until tomorrow (5/28).

Carryout only.

Regular price is $7.99.

Yes, I know Domino's sucks, but if you eat there, today or tomorrow is a good day to order a carryout pizza.
    the only reason to ever get Domino's is if you need it delivered. If you have enough energy and are sober enough to leave the house then Little Caesars is a better bang for the buck 365 days a year

Comments

hongkonger: This man knows

LarryLaffer: $5 hot n ready rep

OSA: if i was homeless I wouldnt eat little caesars

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    FIRSTMEAL promo code gives you $10 towards your first order on Uber Eats.

25OFF Gives you 25% off Papa Johns orders- works every time

DIAMOND50 gives you 50% off papa John's regularly priced pizzas on Monday's and Thursdays (online only)

Also check out retailmenot.com for retail coupons

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: cool thanks

Load Metric

Carryout only.

Regular price is $7.99.

Jokes on you we have the same deal in Canada.

So about 4.45 usd

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  lp.PNG
Views: 314
Size:  483.4 KB

Comments

Tellafriend:

IamGreek: I lold at this

lewfather: GOT EMMM

Baron Von Strucker:

NaturalBornHustler: HAHAHA

Load Metric
    sprint offering verizon customers FREE service for a year

http://gizmodo.com/sprint-is-secretl...ium=socialflow

to qualify, you must: bring your own unlocked phone, buy a sprint sim card for each line, sign up for auto-pay, and pay the $2.41/month in service fees/taxes

you are under NO OBLIGATION to stay after July 31, 2018 - offer is good through June 30th

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.47.56 PM.png
Views: 247
Size:  753.6 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Carryout only.

Regular price is $7.99.

Jokes on you we have the same deal in Canada.

So about 4.45 usd
    pretty much all of canada is on sale right now for the USA

for now
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
    FIRSTMEAL promo code gives you $10 towards your first order on Uber Eats.

25OFF Gives you 25% off Papa Johns orders- works every time

DIAMOND50 gives you 50% off papa John's regularly priced pizzas on Monday's and Thursdays (online only)

Also check out retailmenot.com for retail coupons
    Just an FYI on Uber Eats...obviously with $10 off you're getting a good deal, but after that Uber Eats does charge you more than the restaurant prices on most, if not all items. At work we ordered with Uber Eats a couple times from places where we knew the in-restaurant regular prices, and everything was jacked up like $0.50-$2.00 per item.

Good call on Papa John's - we don't order Papa John's from our house unless we are getting 50% off. In our area if the Rays score 6 runs or the Lightning win, they have codes for 50% off the next day (RAYS6 or SLAPSHOT50)...just watching a couple pitches of a White Sox game tonight and I saw that in Chicago they have SOXWIN as a 50% off code the day after the White Sox win a game.

Also a good idea to check Retailmenot.com before buying anything online...one time I always need to check there is when ordering photo prints from CVS or Walgreens - they will always have somewhere between a 30-50% discount code available there.

Load Metric
    Here are my top 5 - I was born and raised Catholic but am hoping to gain Honorary Jew status someday. Being originally from Milwaukee, I have learned a thing or two about penny pinching - that city is a hotbed of cheapness...they know every trick in the book up there...

1. Ebates- If you buy anything online, you should have a (free) account with Ebates. Before you buy, you just click through the link on Ebates to the site you want to shop at. Then make your purchase as normal and you will get back anywhere from 1% up to as much as 10% (or even more for a few certain sites). Almost every site is available, even things you might not think would be. The rebate percentages fluctuate from time to time, but for example, if you went there today you would get 2% back at Wal-Mart, 1% at Target, 10% back if you book a cruise on Expedia, $1.50 cash if you book a flight on Orbitz...the list goes on for hundreds of online stores. The one store I would not recommend using Ebates for is Amazon...you should click the banner on this site instead and help Druff out.

2. Priceline- I know there was some talk on the show recently about Priceline...what Druff said is true, you will usually get the worst room available...but if you get a nice enough place, hopefully it will not be an issue. I could go on an on with a detailed lesson in how to book on Priceline, but my strategy is basically this for hotels - look at the "Express Deals" and use bed type available/parking or resort fees listed/original price and zone listed to determine the actual hotel. If it's one you want, bid in that area at a price lower than the Express Deal price. You can get "free" re-bids by including an additional zone that doesn't have as high a star level available...for example, if you want a 4-star hotel near Disney and the zone "Clermont" only has up to 3-star hotels available, you can re-bid, including Clermont, knowing that you won't get stuck in Clermont because you are only accepting a 4-star hotel and they have none available.

For rental cars, I always find the best deal I can outside of Priceline, then I just go there and see if I can beat it. If I can, great, if not, no big deal. Usually I can though and they will only give you cars from the top 5 or 6 companies, so I don't think they ever stick you with an EZ-Rent-A-Car or Advantage or anything like that.

If anyone here would like help with booking a hotel or car on Priceline, please send me a message and I would be happy to help you out. I like seeing people get the best deals possible. I would not recommend it for booking flights though unless you are extremely flexible and don't mind taking some weird routes.

3. Gift Cards- There are a few good sites out there online for buying gift cards at a discount. GiftCardGranny.com seems to compile them all together pretty well. You can get some really good deals on gift cards...the key is to only buy them when you know you will use them soon, because fraud can happen and the sites that sell the cards will only guarantee them for a period of time, like 45 days or 100 days. But in general I have had really good experiences...for example, I wanted to book a flight on Southwest a few weeks ago. The total for three tickets was $531, so I bought $500 in Southwest gift cards at a 6% discount. That saved me $30 for that one purchase. And because you can buy the gift cards with a credit card, you are still getting your credit card points or cash back on top of that. (Credit cards...bonuses...cash back...could be a whole thread of its own...probably already is on here somewhere!)

4. Shell Fuel Rewards- The easiest $0.05/gal you can get. You sign up at ShellFuelRewards.com and they send you a card in the mail for free. When you get to the pump, you don't push any buttons. You just scan this card, then your credit card, and pay as normal. They give you $0.05/gal off every time. Obviously this won't work for you if you don't have a Shell in your area or if your Shell usually has higher prices then competitors in the area...

5. Fitbits- If you have a Fitbit there are a number of programs and apps you can enroll your tracker in that will earn you free rewards. One is Walgreens' Balance Rewards...you'll earn like 1,000 pts/month just by linking your Fitbit to your rewards card. Another one I am in is called "Achievemint". That one may not be enrolling new people anymore though. Over the course of about 6 months I earned a $50 Visa gift card just by having my Fitbit linked to them. I know K-Mart/Sears used to have a program where I was earning $5 every two weeks just by linking my Fitbit...I think that one is over now though. But I am sure there are many more if you just go out and look for them. I am just not wearing mine much anymore so I haven't been seeking these programs out recently.

I had to limit this to 5 or I would be here typing all night. I'll post some more later as I continue to go for my Honorary Jew status.

Load Metric
    6. Sirius/XM Radio- This really should have been in the top 5...I have been doing this for years and I think Druff has mentioned this deal on the show before. I actually just did this today and here's how it went. Note - anyone with a current subscription can do this. It doesn't matter when your renewal date is. If you switch to a cheaper plan, they will just issue you a pro-rated refund of whatever plan you are currently on.

I called the cancellation line at 1-866-635-5020. I told the operator that I wanted to make sure I was getting the best offer available which I knew was $24.99 for 6 months (at least that's what I had seen that people were getting at RetailMeNot. I said if I can't get that offer, I'd need to cancel because the price was too high. She said "Let me check and see if I have that offer available." I replied "That's what you guys always say," in a nice, friendly way, to let her know it wasn't my first time making this call and I wasn't taking no for an answer.

She literally said, "Well, I see this offer...I know your answer is going to be no but I have to read it to you. It is $99 for 12 months plus fees and taxes." So I said, "No thanks, I'd rather have the $25 offer." She said "I have to read you this next one too, but I think I know what your answer is going to be...it is $49 for 6 months...same deal as before but with a shorter term." I said no, and she finally said "The last, best offer I see is $25 for 5 months plus taxes and fees." So I accepted that offer (I'm pretty sure the 6 month deal was an old offer that is no longer available, but I saw that on RetailMeNot so I mentioned that to her upfront with the intention of accepting 5 months at $25 if offered).

The only downside to this is you have to call every 5 months to get it straightened out again, and some operators really like to try and sell you on the idea that you can't get the $25 offer and you have to take the others...some will even ask where you saw it and tell you that just because you saw it online doesn't make it official...that is just B.S. I've never had a problem getting the deal I wanted. If you get a tough operator just keep threatening to cancel if you don't get the best deal. Thankfully the operator this morning was a good one who didn't try to make it harder than it needed to be for the both of us.

Thread Information