Thread: Kabuto trip report

Bronze
    Load Metric

Kabuto trip report

Well, like I said, I went to Vegas last weekend. Played 2-5 and 5-10 at Bellagio, and 2-5 and 1-3 at Aria. Poker was pretty meh. Lost $1000 over 6 sessions maybe. Took one bad beat straight v. bottom set all in on turn which would have made me even but oh well.

My favorite hand was Saturday night about 11 (after dinner, below) at 2-5 Bellagio. Drunk guy at table had $400. He was splashing around, raising a lot, then getting up an leaving the table for long stretches. We had side bets as to if and when he'd return. He raised early position folded to me with KK. I thought and he said "Whatever you do, act like you respect me." So I said "All in" and he instacalls with K6dd and flips, so I flip too. He picks up a gutter on turn but misses, then leaves. All skill baby.

5-10 Friday night at Bellagio was very aggressive. Kenna James was at the table driving the action. I played 2-5 there several times, too, and the tables we passive and donkey-filled. 2-5 at the Aria Saturday day was one of the most aggressive tables I'd ever played at with 3 bet pots most of the time.

Saw Gobbo at Bellagio and introduced myself. He is very large. Based on his food blog, had lunch and dinner Saturday at places he recommended.

I ate at Momofuko at Cosmo for lunch Saturday. It was decent. Not the best ever. $130 with tip for lunch for two people and only 4 beers, so pretty pricey. Probably wouldn't go back.

But Kabuto... that was the shit. We got a reservation months ago for 830 p.m. and cabbed out there. I'd never been to Chinatown and it looked very cool. Are those massage places legitimate? Or rub and tug joints?

In the middle of one of these strip malls was Kabuto. It was tiny- maybe 20 seats tops. We ordered the omakase $120pp and it was amazing. Amuse, appetizer, grill plate, sashimi each had about 5 things or so, all on one plate. Every item beautiful and tasty. Then came the sushi- we had 9 pieces of nigiri (fish plus rice) one by one, then the chef let us choose three more each, and it was toro toro toro time. There were at least three types of toro- superb.

Total bill with tip was $375 for two. Just fabulous, and a lifetime memorable meal.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kabuto-las-vegas

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Brief Trip Report Rep

Load Metric
    nice TR

Load Metric
    Pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Load Metric
    If you liked Kabuti you should definitely give Raku a try. Also in Chinatown. Slightly less expensive but a nice tasting menu.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    I ate at Momofuko

Yeah.. I'm just not a huge believer in David Chang, or literally any other 'rock star chef'. He spends way too much time in front of the cameras and frankly I think his focus is on NYC's Ko, which I believe still has 2 Michelin stars that I assume he wants to keep.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nice trip report.

Gobboboy is indeed very large, but it seems like everyone likes him. Whenever I see him around poker rooms, a lot of people are talking to him and they all seem to think highly of him. So I guess he's not a freak and a weird dude after all.

Yes, the massage places on Spring Mtn in Vegas are rub-and-tugs.

In 2008, my then-girlfriend Miri tried and experiment by ringing the doorbell for one of them. Despite clearly being open, they didn't answer, and the door remained locked. Apparently they don't even want to bother serving women, knowing that the happy ending thing won't be happening.

Load Metric
    With all the "I'm looking to buy" threads I was sure somebody "became a man" & bought 1 of these:

Name:  kubota.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  9.1 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information