Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New rule: No content from 2+2 allowed to be reposted here

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lol I wonder if Mason lurks here

what a dick
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    "..............and fuck Mason Malmuth"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Load Metric
    I will say one last thing on the matter because frankly I am smart and you should listen and listen carefully.

Yes a legal battle sucks and is expensive, however.

What would happen if dozens of trolls from anywhere decide to join PFA with the intent to repost info from 2+2 knowing it will get you in trouble? Now before you say you'll stop it or we'll know or you'll delete and monitor 24/7, be realistic.

You are now officially open to a suite based solely on "he told you so" via that email. He has painted YOU in a corner, you must at least reply imo stating you reject his request and take no personal liability for ANY content a member may post.

Doing nothing starts out being cheaper and more peaceful but it literally sets you up as a target.

And if I sound like I watch a lot of Law and Order, I do.

Load Metric
    Two Plus Two does not claim ownership of Your Content; however, you hereby grant Two Plus Two a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content and to incorporate Your Content in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.

then

Other sites may link to, but not replicate Two Plus Two content. Any other site that links to the Service shall not (i) create a browser or border environment around any of the content of the Service, (ii) imply that Two Plus Two is endorsing or sponsoring it or its products, (iii) present false information about Two Plus Two or its products or services, (iv) use Two Plus Two’s trademarks or other intellectual property, or (v) contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, without the express written consent of Two Plus Two.

is anyone posting screen shots?

god damn he's a smart one. game over

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this TOS, we reserve the right to deny permission to link to the Service from any Website for any reason in our sole and absolute discretion.
    in other words....

Mason can tell you not to link to his site. yikes.

Good game. nice hand.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Tax season just concluded & spring tennis is up

501c3 Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation

See if your lawyer has a free moment

Load Metric
    Off to dinner, looking forward to sitting down tonight and catching up.

Load Metric
    MASON AND ALL HIS BALLWASHING MODS ARE FAGGOTS.

FUCK 2P2

Comments

Cupid Stunt: They reall are

LarryLaffer:

unchainedghost:

Load Metric
    oh and let us not forget about the other pedo from 2p2
    fu 2 scumbag

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Who cares? The site irrelevant

Comments

unchainedghost:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Tax season just concluded & spring tennis is up

501c3 Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation

See if your lawyer has a free moment

fun fact! you are entitled to a % of any money the IRS gets from tax cheats.

i just sent a letter to Phreet Bahara's replacement.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    What the hell is 2 + 2 and why would anyone give a fuck about it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    What the hell is 2 + 2 and why would anyone give a fuck about it?
    It's the cancer to our industry.

Comments

Shizzmoney: lol this
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Load Metric
    I promised myself I wouldn't say anything more about the unstable individual on this site, but fuck it.

Hey cuckmouse, you talk a big game but you don't know fucking shit. It's not your money (oif you had any mr no bank account begging for hotel rooms and crying about losing 1k) or you who will have to hire real representation if Mason wants to fuck around. Go back to what you do best, being cucked by a grandmother and then trying to hang yourself while begging for a free hotel room.

Fuck you, so much sensless shit with no foundation to stand on.

Comments

dick: get fucked you chargeback scammer, even Larry is s better poster than you are, faggot

adamantium: larrie=woat
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Two Plus Two does not claim ownership of Your Content; however, you hereby grant Two Plus Two a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content and to incorporate Your Content in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
    then

Other sites may link to, but not replicate Two Plus Two content...
    I'm wondering whether there is a contradiction between the two bolded portions of this contract. Specifically, how can 2P2's right to use submitted content be "non-exclusive" and legally prevent other sites from using that same content? Any lawyers in the house? Jayjami?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    I promised myself I wouldn't say anything more about the unstable individual on this site, but fuck it.

Hey cuckmouse, you talk a big game but you don't know fucking shit. It's not your money (oif you had any mr no bank account begging for hotel rooms and crying about losing 1k) or you who will have to hire real representation if Mason wants to fuck around. Go back to what you do best, being cucked by a grandmother and then trying to hang yourself while begging for a free hotel room.

Fuck you, so much sensless shit with no foundation to stand on.
    I begged for that hotel room? you fucking kidding me?

hey the cuckmouse thing is so fucking old, Don Rickles would've outlived it he had been a bit more healthier.

You're quite a human pile of shit.

are you a lawyer as well as a glorified bank teller (oh im sorry, financial advisor).

get fucked asshole.

say all you want assbag. no ones stopping you, except you. you whiny faggot. go cry to druff some more and creepily tell us all how you thought his girlfriend was way hotter than you imagined. you fucking twit.

honestly, i can't imagine how shitty of a human being you probably are. I doubt you'd ever say anything like this in public to anyone. you fucking keyboard warrior. keep it up. I enjoy it.

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    k so Mason is a cuntlike sissy man who pays lawyers to make people think his tiny dink is somewhere in the 5.5" range?

Check.

Moving on....

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    k so Mason is a cuntlike sissy man who pays lawyers to make people think his tiny dink is somewhere in the 5.5" range?

Check.

Moving on....
    ill take the under...escrow with druff?

Comments

Tellafriend: I'm shadowing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: fucking incredible

Load Metric
    The important thing to remember here is that religious children are meaner than other kids.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the catalyst to this, I have no idea.

I haven't had any interactions with Mason, his mods, or 2+2 as of late.

I know that ProfessionalPoker guy reads this forum sometimes. He and I got along briefly, and he was even a listener to PFA Radio for awhile, but then he started falsely accusing me of spamming 2+2 (this was during the brief time I was allowed on there). Then he tried to defend his position over here, got destroyed in the argument by users here, and that was the last I saw of him. So suffice to say that I doubt he is a big fan of me or PFA at this point.

Of course, that was a few years ago, but if I had to guess, he was lurking on PFA, ran into some 2+2 content I copied and pasted, and ran to Mason about it.

The letter from the attorney stated that "most if not all" of the copy/pasted 2+2 content was posted by me, which was 100% false. I don't deny that I sometimes reposted a few 2+2 posts over here if they were part of a poker-related scam story, but to say that I was doing almost all of it is laughable.

But that part stood out the most to me. One of the mods there likely read a thread in the Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness forum where I quoted 2+2's forum, and then ran back to Mason and said, "Look what Dan Druff is doing!"

Regarding the legality of this, I'm not an attorney, but my general knowledge here is that internet copyright law is still rather immature and poorly defined.

TwoPlusTwo does own their forum and its content. But what does that mean? It's not behind a paywall and is publicly accessible to everyone. It is already reproduced by several services, such as google.

The content is also produced for free by members of their forum. So who owns it at that point? That's a tough question.

If I posted a limit holdem strategy message on 2+2, could Mason take it and reproduce it in a book, without compensating me? I doubt it.

Could I reproduce that message and post it in my own book without compensating Mason? Almost surely.

If I wanted to remove it from 2+2 down the line, would I have a right to force Mason to do this? Probably not.

If a third party were to copy this post and place it in his own book, who would have a legal claim against that person? I'm guessing it would be me, and not Mason.

So you see, it's complicated. It's especially complicated because the authors of these forum posts are almost 100% third parties who do not work for 2+2, nor are they compensated by 2+2. So who owns each individual post? Mason? The author? Both?

Now, Mason could make an argument that he owns his forum content as a whole. For example, if I created a mirror site to 2+2, certainly he could have strong grounds to sue me. But that's not what's going on here. There was never any attempt to duplicate 2+2, nor were any full threads ever reproduced here. A small number of individual forum posts by third parties (a tiny percentage of 2+2's overall content) was copy/pasted here. So that's a pretty far cry from reproducing their forum content.

If I were to have refused Mason's demands here, could he have successfully sued me? I'm not sure, but it would be too expensive to find out, and I believe any lawyer worth his law degree would simply advise me, "Just stop doing it."

In any case, this would be an expensive fight, and it's just not worth it.

Thread Information