Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New rule: No content from 2+2 allowed to be reposted here

Load Metric
    Druff- So when are you going to print some pfa tshirts/hats? Count me In for one of both. Still got time before the wsop. #solidarity

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    What the hell is 2 + 2 and why would anyone give a fuck about it?
    It's the cancer to our industry.
    aids

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Druff- So when are you going to print some pfa tshirts/hats? Count me In for one of both. Still got time before the wsop. #solidarity
    That's a good idea.

Traderusky assisted me with finding a guy for the hats, and I believe they can be reprinted for a bit cheaper, since the design is already in their database (well, that is if they haven't lost it or gone out of business!)

Regarding shirts... not sure where to go with that, though I'm willing to get some made and give them out. We are running short on time, with the early WSOP events starting in less than a week.

Comments

IamGreek: tees get an OPA! from me.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Is this for all parts of the site? We can post what we want in Sue Sklansky Siberia right?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Druff, if you would like, I can have my friend to give him a call. He's very persuasive.

Load Metric
    don't be a laydown and give in without some concessions

first tell them to follow the golden-rule: you expect them to delete cross-posting fon 2 + 2 from PFA as well;

you've made the announcement, but you should tell 2+2 you expect them to make a similar announcement in their forum rules section re: PFA;

tell them that from this time forward you will monitor PFA for cross postings acknowledging 2+2 as source, anything prior to the date of this notice it will be up to them to identify...also, while you will monitor for and delete any posting acknowledging cross-posting of material from 2+2, it will be up to them to notify you of any content cross-posting that is not credited to 2+2 or not acknowledging 2+2 as it's source (also, when notifying, they must provide proof specific)

finally, tell them if they proceed to court action without adequate proof and allowing time for you to investigate and correct, you will consider it an abuse of legal process done by a larger, more wealthy enterprise to burden a small one with legal costs for the ultimate goal of damaging the small enterprise out of business and injure market competition--you will seek legal remedy/damages from them

argue back like the talented son of Abraham you claim to be

(ps---in your response to Herr Malmuth you don't have to footnote me as the source of these ideas)

Comments

GringoStar: Sounds like a start. Saw this after I posted.

Baron Von Strucker: this

LarryLaffer: oh my almost what i said pages ago. :)
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 05-27-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    HI MASON

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: you old grease ball

Load Metric
    Druff - have you ever crawled 2+2 for any PFA content?

I can't imagine it's merely a one way street. Something tells me they might be seeing more content from here on there and that may have spurred this whole thing. Just an uneducated assumption though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I posted some content from here on 2+2 but got instantaneously gang raped..

I held my ground for p.f.a.

P.s.
    The gang rape wasn't as uncomfortable as one would think.

P.s.s.
    I want, would like, am humbly requesting, have earned, demand, am threatening, for a P.F.A.. Hat..
    Last edited by thesparten; 05-27-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If I were to have refused Mason's demands here, could he have successfully sued me? I'm not sure, but it would be too expensive to find out, and I believe any lawyer worth his law degree would simply advise me, "Just stop doing it."

In any case, this would be an expensive fight, and it's just not worth it.
    See this is the point many people here are overlooking when they say "Fuck Mason, keep doing it". A legal battle is always expensive unless someone is taking a side on contingency. It's all great and wonderful to say "fight the man, what can he really do" when it isn't your money or you are a broke tricyclist begging for hotel rooms to be cucked.

All my law experience deals with bankruptcy.... the main thing you learn is that wasting money on trying to squeeze blood from a stone is already a losing battle and you should know that before you lose more.

Comments

hongkonger: Wise words
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    All my law experience deals with bankruptcy.... the main thing you learn is that wasting money on trying to squeeze blood from a stone is already a losing battle and you should know that before you lose more.

All day, everyday.

Load Metric
    Wise move by Druff. Everyone remembers what happened to Dutch Boyd, and even if you win a potential suit, you still have to spend many thousands defending it, not to mention the time and stress. For those that are lecturing Druff on to fight with 2+2, put your money where your mouth is. Start your own site and start cross posting content and see where it gets you. How about you Larry? You want your tip jar going to legal fees every month? Probably not, so STFU.

Comments

Tellafriend: tip jar, lol...

LarryLaffer: stfu

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Haven't visited 2+2 in years
    Last edited by Texter; 05-27-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Load Metric

If I were to have refused Mason's demands here, could he have successfully sued me? I'm not sure, but it would be too expensive to find out, and I believe any lawyer worth his law degree would simply advise me, "Just stop doing it."

In any case, this would be an expensive fight, and it's just not worth it.
    See this is the point many people here are overlooking when they say "Fuck Mason, keep doing it". A legal battle is always expensive unless someone is taking a side on contingency. It's all great and wonderful to say "fight the man, what can he really do" when it isn't your money or you are a broke tricyclist begging for hotel rooms to be cucked.

yes a legal fight is expensive and should be avoided...but then again, 2+2 should not be able to make PFA responsible to monitor for uncredited crossposting or anything other than the most obvious of copying: also there needs to be an effective date of the PFA monitoring responsibility policy as it apply to content...

don't let them dictate terms because they will stack everything in their favor and then bully you in the future...if they had their way they force PFA to review all of both sites for cross posting continuously; 2+2 is huge compared to PFA

so negotiate an agreement that has some fairness to PFA; and if they don't deal, then you have a claim/defense in court that they are being unreasonable/preditory
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 05-27-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

yes a legal fight is expensive and should be avoided...but then again, 2+2 should not be able to make PFA responsible to monitor for uncredited crossposting or anything other than the most obvious of copying: also there needs to be an effective date of the PFA monitoring responsibility policy as it apply to content...

don't let them dictate terms because they will stack everything in their favor and then bully you in the future...if they had their way they force PFA to review all of both sites for cross posting continuously; 2+2 is huge compared to PFA

so negotiate an agreement that has some fairness to PFA; and if they don't deal, then you have a claim/defense in court that they are being unreasonable/preditory
    What planet are you from?
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

I told them that this site has no mods except me, and cannot be monitored continuously. I stated that I would make this new rule, and would do my best to enforce it, but make no promises, as I do not have time to personally review all the content posted.

I told them they can inform me of anything they feel violates their copyright.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: that ought to be enough

MumblesBadly: What GR said

Load Metric
    Id have avoided any real expense, had a lawyer fire off a letter stating just that but stronger and less cooperative. Like I said page(s) ago, they painted you in a corner and set you up like a duck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Id have avoided any real expense, had a lawyer fire off a letter stating just that but stronger and less cooperative. Like I said page(s) ago, they painted you in a corner and set you up like a duck.
    Dutch Boyd faced a real lawsuit because he apparently told them "fuck off" when they contacted him about twoplustwopoker.com (which Dutch had registered in a cybersquatting effort).

They eventually got $60k out of him.

While this isn't nearly as clear cut as Dutch's situation, I also don't want to come off as a defiant asshole who is refusing their request to stop allowing 2+2 posts to be copy/pasted here.

Either I'm cooperating or I'm not. I chose to cooperate.

I also approached this with common sense. I stated that I will not be able to monitor every post, and that they need to contact me if they see anything I missed. That should cover it.

Even if they somehow take this as weakness and try other shenanigans in the future, I will stand up to them at that point if they're being unreasonable.

In this case, the law on message board content (posted by third-parties) is ambiguous enough to where I didn't want to fuck with it.

Comments

gimmick:

GrenadaRoger: oh mercy no, not a defiant one

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Dutch Boyd faced a real lawsuit because he apparently told them "fuck off" when they contacted him about twoplustwopoker.com (which Dutch had registered in a cybersquatting effort).

They eventually got $60k out of him.

While this isn't nearly as clear cut as Dutch's situation, I also don't want to come off as a defiant asshole who is refusing their request to stop allowing 2+2 posts to be copy/pasted here.

Either I'm cooperating or I'm not. I chose to cooperate.

I also approached this with common sense. I stated that I will not be able to monitor every post, and that they need to contact me if they see anything I missed. That should cover it.

Even if they somehow take this as weakness and try other shenanigans in the future, I will stand up to them at that point if they're being unreasonable.

In this case, the law on message board content (posted by third-parties) is ambiguous enough to where I didn't want to fuck with it.
    As long as you are comfortable with it that is all that matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If anyone does see PFA content copy/pasted to 2p2, please let me know.

I will make the same demand of them at that point.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: enlist as a PFA Baker Street Irregular today!

Thread Information