Thread: Druff, serious questions

Bronze
    Load Metric

Druff, serious questions

1) Have you made your money (call it 80%+) off of poker? Or have you inherited most of it?

2) Outside of your WSOP wins how much have you won at a single setting at a cash table

3) What was the worse you have ever loss at a single setting

4) Given your WSOP success, how come you do not have powerful poker pros backing you? Is it by choice, or your phone not ringing?

5) Have you ever been challenged to a fight for your smug behaviour after issuing a bad beat. You know, where you explain a hand after you lucked out?

Load Metric
    Mad Dad answers (while Druff considers whether to answer or not) ...

1) Have you made your money (call it 80%+) off of poker? Or have you inherited most of it?
    Neither, I had a job and saved money along the way.

2) Outside of your WSOP wins how much have you won at a single setting at a cash table
    n/a - I have never won an WSOP event, or even entered one, but I am the guy in the picture below with the grey shirt on and arms crossed.
    Name:  braceletwithrob.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  46.6 KB
    About $1500

4) Given your WSOP success, how come you do not have powerful poker pros backing you? Is it by choice, or your phone not ringing?
    n/a - unless you consider the above picture a success. I've actually photoshopped the rest of my body into the image, let's see if I can find it ...
    Name:  braceletwithrob4.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  26.5 KB
    5) Have you ever been challenged to a fight for your smug behaviour after issuing a bad beat. You know, where you explain a hand after you lucked out?
    never, but I do remember one time saying "you are gonna be sorry you did that" when a guy called my all-in and I rivered the flush.

so this is a bottomset account?

Load Metric
    I was under the impression that Druff got the money that he is living on now from selling his part of DD to Micon.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post

1) My parents are still alive, and I have inherited very little from other relatives. Most of my money came from poker.

2) Best single-session cash win was $55k

3) Worst single-session cash loss was $90k.

Bonus answer to above: I don't play that high anymore, so I will not likely exceed either number, unless poker radically changes again due to legalization.

4) Nobody's phone rings to be backed, unless they are really famous. Most people who are backed seek out the backers themselves, or the situation falls into their lap. An example of the latter case would be a guy playing at a $1000 NL event at the WSOP, impressing the guy next to him, who compliments his play. The first guy says, "Yeah, I just wish I could play that $10,000 heads up tourney on Saturday, but I can't afford it unless I finish 15th or better in this thing", and the second guy responds, "Hey, forget about that. I'll put you in." But a situation like that is more the exception than the rule. In most cases, known players approach known backers and convince them to put them in. I don't want a backer because I can afford to play these tournaments myself, and I feel uncomfortable playing on other people's money. I even feel bad when I lose events where people here bought small pieces of me.

5) I don't explain hands to people I'm playing against. Most confrontations I've had at the table have been related to someone repeatedly taking beats against me, or someone who is getting mad that I keep isolate-raising him. Usually these are drunk or emotionally unbalanced people and I try to just let those situations cool down on their own.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And yes, for whatever reason bottomset has two accounts here. Not sure what dictates when he uses one or the other.

Platinum
    Load Metric

My pick for "How well do you know Druff?"

He made the bulk of his money from his book "The Druff System: Jew Tips for saving money"

He mentioned this on radio once, but I really cant recall, it was a filthy number.
    My guesstimate is $80k

This was within +-20k of his biggest win (so, we'll assume $80k as well)

You arent clear what you mean by backing. He did wear patches at WSOP back in the day when everyone was wearing patches, but Druff is mostly a cash player, and generally likes owning all his own action.

Druff always gets it in good and never issues a bad beat. However, I'm sure he's been challenged to a lot of fights over his forum behaviour.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Druff doesn't get into physical confrontations. He goes home and contacts peoples boss's and tries to get them fired instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    And yes, for whatever reason bottomset has two accounts here. Not sure what dictates when he uses one or the other.
    Because he is a faggot, Druff.

And THE PHA would be his third account. He's not pathetic tho.
    Last edited by RichardBrodiesCombover.; 06-20-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Outside of Muck Ficon, you are the worst one liner poster on any of the forums. I thought it was hilarious when you spammed me via PM and I had to humilate you on the forums by posting your junk. To think you took time out of your day to contemplate PMs to a forum poster is hilarious.

Last response ever to you, dork. You are are fan boy dweeb. You even became a fan of me. What a fucking loser.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Outside of Muck Ficon, you are the worst one liner poster on any of the forums. I thought it was hilarious when you spammed me via PM and I had to humilate you on the forums by posting your junk. To think you took time out of your day to contemplate PMs to a forum poster is hilarious.

Last response ever to you, dork. You are are fan boy dweeb. You even became a fan of me. What a fucking loser.
    He's gutless and stupid, never funny, and he's a confirmed homosexual.

You really did humiliate me.

you really did

Thread Information