Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks NSA

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    DEC VMS was an absolutely bulletproof fault tolerant OS that appealed to banks for ATM's and other industries with mission critical needs.

Digital Equipment died long ago but VMS installations ran long, long afterward and there were/are a few companies that still tend those fields.

I got tangled up with one such company, Process Software.

I am old enough to remember the release of the first IBM PC. There were actually 2 versions of OS available. One was a version of VMS and the other was that piece of shit MS DOS. Microsoft is a great marketing company and the world never recovered.

DEC was a company of engineers, run by engineers who made things for engineers. I took apart their PC's. Exquisitely (over) engineered. Ungodly expensive. Digital's Ken Olsen thought PC's were a fad and the rest is history.

VMS & the Alpha chip was Herculean.

MS = Kluge
    Marketing, yes. And it was cheaper.

Had a bit of fun with DEC / Alpha back in the day. There was a theory that the Windows NT name (WNT) was chosen as it was one letter different from VMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Marketing, yes. And it was cheaper.

Had a bit of fun with DEC / Alpha back in the day. There was a theory that the Windows NT name (WNT) was chosen as it was one letter different from VMS.
    I believe this was true.

NT was ok in the continuum of shitty Microsoft I think Windows 7 or whatever it was called spoke to NT. People didn't want to upgrade

Gates was brilliant licensing MS Dos etc early on with the early manufacturers. Even giving it away.

His genius wasnt software. It was prescient vision of the nascent market.

Dozens of folks had written similar level tech. He was more industrious.

I hate Microsoft.

Typed on my Apple product

Load Metric
    aaaaand hours later, the first versions pop up in the wild with the kill switch disabled.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Name:  18446859_1886910084656189_6249906065903373521_n.png
Views: 136
Size:  359.6 KB

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    A botnet research org discovered a long, random-string domain name referenced after decompiling the malware, so they registered it because lol why not.

Punch line: it was a hard coded killswitch; the malware stops running if it queries that domain and gets a response. So basically they just ended the malware campaign for about $11.
    Guy who found the killswitch arrested at McCarran airport accused of creating the Kronos malware.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...vegas-reports/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    A botnet research org discovered a long, random-string domain name referenced after decompiling the malware, so they registered it because lol why not.

Punch line: it was a hard coded killswitch; the malware stops running if it queries that domain and gets a response. So basically they just ended the malware campaign for about $11.
    Guy who found the killswitch arrested at McCarran airport accused of creating the Kronos malware.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...vegas-reports/

Punch line: he got busted because he sold it on Alphabay.

Load Metric
    he just admitted writing it to the feds.

also hes been granted $30k bail but somehow cant come up with enough cash to get bailed out by COB today, so hes stuck over the weekend. thats pretty dicked up.

Thread Information