Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fyre Fest: Rich privileged kids pay up to 12k for "exclusive" music festival in Bahamas, raped and pillaged instead

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My girlfriend saw that trailer and texted me, "We HAVE to watch this!"

Looking forward to a week from now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "If you have thousands of dollars and you go and spend it to go see Blink 182....that's on you...Darwinism at its finest"

More documentaries about rich people getting scammed plz

BTW if you haven;t seen this, its pretty good too

Last edited by Shizzmoney; 01-14-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The Netflix documentary is worth the watch. It’s just amazing how much of a epic debacle Fyre was.
    Unbelievable how Billy was still perpetuating scams while on probation (and having it filmed?)
    Ja Rule is launching a new booking platform called ICONN. Really?!?!? That has to be a joke considering the scam he was part of.
    Don’t get me wrong from what I’ve read, Billy deserves what he got and then some, but Rule somehow escaped prosecution and is not on the hook for any of the money owed?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 442xx View Post
    The Netflix documentary is worth the watch. It’s just amazing how much of a epic debacle Fyre was.
    Unbelievable how Billy was still perpetuating scams while on probation (and having it filmed?)
    Ja Rule is launching a new booking platform called ICONN. Really?!?!? That has to be a joke considering the scam he was part of.
    Don’t get me wrong from what I’ve read, Billy deserves what he got and then some, but Rule somehow escaped prosecution and is not on the hook for any of the money owed?
    Don't spoil the Netflix thing for me because I haven't watched it, but did they spend any time on that Grant Margolin guy? He's really escaped scrutiny/consequences for the most part, yet from what I can see, he's the second most responsible for this debacle, behind Billy. Also, apparently he was super arrogant and incredibly difficult to work with. And he has a super punchable face.

Please tell me they showed him.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Don't spoil the Netflix thing for me because I haven't watched it, but did they spend any time on that Grant Margolin guy? He's really escaped scrutiny/consequences for the most part, yet from what I can see, he's the second most responsible for this debacle, behind Billy. Also, apparently he was super arrogant and incredibly difficult to work with. And he has a super punchable face.

Please tell me they showed him.
    They did show Margolin (Hyper dude in over his head).
    I did hear there is another documentary on Hulu that just came out Jan 14th.

One more point, I feel bad for the islanders that were taken advantage of and not paid for their work. Also the island restaurant owner that was not paid either for all of her catering

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 442xx View Post
    They did show Margolin (Hyper dude in over his head).
    I did hear there is another documentary on Hulu that just came out Jan 14th.

One more point, I feel bad for the islanders that were taken advantage of and not paid for their work. Also the island restaurant owner that was not paid either for all of her catering

And i gotta say, I even feel bad for the gay organizer who was literally coerced to try and suck some dick

so the event patrons could have drinking water

Comments

KidPresentable: Couldn't believe that shit

Load Metric
    Thought the netflix documentary was well done and pretty interesting. I only sort of paid attention to this whole fiasco, so was interesting to see how big of a scam the whole thing was.

Also felt the most for the locals in the Bahamas that got stiffed, also shitty for the employees of the software side that had nothing to do with the festival. The festival goers didn't deserve to get screwed, but LOL for paying thousands of bucks for a festival because Kylie Jenner posts once about it on instagram.

Load Metric
    Decided to check out first 10 min or so of the Fyre Doc to see if it was worthy of thinking about watching the whole thing later (bc of this thread)

90 min later I was still on the couch. 2 thumbs up.

Also the first Netflix doc my GF and I both actually enjoyed since it didn't involve people getting chopped up into tiny pieces or anything.

Load Metric
    Saw this in Netflix queue after finishing a movie around midnight. Threw it on planning to just watch 10 min or so before turning in, watched the whole thing.

Anyone seen the Hulu one? Completely transfixed by this now
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Saw this in Netflix queue after finishing a movie around midnight. Threw it on planning to just watch 10 min or so before turning in, watched the whole thing.

I watched the hulu doc yesterday or Friday. Solid.

Billy Mc expresses himself very poorly during his interviews imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    I watched the hulu doc yesterday or Friday. Solid.

Billy Mc expresses himself very poorly during his interviews imo.
    Didnt follow this closely at the time. Still amazed that the event was even attempted. Story would still have been great had they just shut it down but the sheer audacity to go forward is simply incredible.

LOL at allowing cameras to be around as he attempted to launch the follow up.

Guy must be wired like PeterDC, getting his rocks off on the lies and chaos.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In the past couple of days I watched both the Netflix doc and the Hulu doc

Both were a good watch as they contained bits of info that the other didn't.

After it was all said and done, I think at this juncture I was most amazed/shocked that BM literally started another con job while he was out on bail...and as you can imagine, he was caught and charged for that as well.

Amazing

And all the while Ja Rule did "nothing wrong" LOLOL

Amazing

In my time, Ive known a couple of people similar to BM who are true pathological liars/con artists, and it is both fascinating and perplexing watching and listening to someone like this talk and convince not only themselves but try to convince anyone around them that their word is God. Even when you tell them, amongst a crowd of people, with straight facts that they are delusional, they will carry on like nothing is wrong.

Im no psychologist, but i really think this is a form of mental illness. However, In the big scheme of things, I dont think this excuses Mcfarland for what he has done. He was told in countless ways that what he was doing is wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I just saw the Hulu one (saw the Netflix one two days ago).

Both really good. I actually enjoyed the Hulu one more.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    I just saw the Hulu one (saw the Netflix one two days ago).

Both really good. I actually enjoyed the Hulu one more.
    Saw Hulu one tonight - enjoyed the Netflix one a bit more as it named the fails of the event itself a bit more and more it at who Billy is, even though the Hulu one had the interview.

Silver
    Load Metric
    The Netflix one is some of the best unintentional comedy you'll ever see.

The Steve Martin looking gay guy was awesome.

The models were smoking hot and it felt like all the dumb ass customers basically followed the models off a cliff in hopes of partying with high quality tail.

Comments

tigerpiper: one gay blowjob=$175k bribe? He must be good

Load Metric
    “In my time, Ive known a couple of people similar to BM who are true pathological liars/con artists, and it is both fascinating and perplexing watching and listening to someone like this talk and convince not only themselves but try to convince anyone around them that their word is God. Even when you tell them, amongst a crowd of people, with straight facts that they are delusional, they will carry on like nothing is wrong.”

We elected someone exactly like this as president.

Comments

KidPresentable: Yuuuup

MumblesBadly: USA is #1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    “In my time, Ive known a couple of people similar to BM who are true pathological liars/con artists, and it is both fascinating and perplexing watching and listening to someone like this talk and convince not only themselves but try to convince anyone around them that their word is God. Even when you tell them, amongst a crowd of people, with straight facts that they are delusional, they will carry on like nothing is wrong.”

We elected someone exactly like this as president.
    Billy really is just a young Trump without a rich Daddy.

Load Metric
    netflix doc > hulu one.... so much better footage and interviews in the netflix one
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    netflix doc > hulu one.... so much better footage and interviews in the netflix one

Totally agree, watched both and the Netflix documentary was way more detailed.

Andy was hilarious, such a trooper, I'm sure he would have sucked multiple dicks if needed...lol...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    About 2/3 of the way through. Enjoying it.

It does bother me a bit that they're not exploring more of the culpability of the co-conspirators -- Ja Rule, Grant Margolin, Carola Jain, and others.

You do get an idea of how neurotic, controlling, narcissistic, and delusional Grant was, but they don't flesh it out enough -- at least not in the portion I've seen thus far.

They also didn't touch upon Carola Jain's background enough. She was the bored housewife of Bob Jain, a super-rich hedge fund manager. Carola's role was mainly to play socialite and set up parties for upper-class New Yorkers, some of whom Bob was trying to woo. Eventually she got the same bug up her ass as many rich housewives -- they start to feel worthless and want to have some kind of meaningful career.

Billy got his hooks into her somehow (I'm not sure how they met), and he made her some kind of VP in his company in exchange for millions upon millions of money invested.

In one way, she was a victim. However, she drank the Billy Kool-Aid to the point of becoming an accomplice in the scam. The "aggressive woman" calling people and asking them to deposit funds onto the nonexistent Fyre Band was very possibly her, and from all accounts, she took an active role in selling packages and making promises for things she knew didn't exist yet.

Basically, she joined believing it to be a legitimate business, but once it became clear it wasn't, and she was millions deep, she chose to go along with it, rather than abandon ship and admit she had been duped out of millions of her husband's money by a slick talking conman.

Carola wasn't all bad, but let Billy corrupt her.

Grant, however, was plenty bad. This was a young, inexperienced guy who described himself as a "genius", and honestly thought he knew it all, even in areas where he completely lacked experience. He was also over-detail-oriented to the point of driving others up the wall. At the same time, when it was clear everything was going in the toilet, he did his best to cover everything up (including deleting negative comments from the Fyre Instagram page), and denied to the end that there was a problem.

When a woman working for Fyre sent him a long, detailed e-mail about all the reasons they weren't ready and that the whole thing would be a disaster, he gave his now-infamous response of, "Let's just do it and be legends."

He was that delusional. Somehow he believed that everything would come together at the last minute, and they would be "legends" for having pulled it off despite all the challenges and limited funds.

Like, each of these people could have a special just centered around them. So fascinating.

Thread Information