Thread: Trip Report, 2006

Trip Report, 2006

I saw Druff's post about a dog track, so what the hell.

Crica 2006.

Dog Track New Tampa. There is is a highway from New Tampa to downtown Tampa and I went there. I moved there in 2006 (New Tampa) and lasted 8 months, LOL.

This dog track had a poker room and a seedy ass horse racing venue where they had TVs to bet on tracks, off track. It was the fucking worst. Like folding tables to sit, just awful.

I went to the place to grind at $1 and $2 and just got clobbered. I try and play tight, but I just got annihilated. Let me put it like this, I lost $400 where I had a A high flush and got housed on the river, it was one of those days. I went with $1,500 and got cleaned in less than two hours.

It was like 3pm, and there was a Chase bank across the street. I took $2,000 off my credit card when I busted. So rather than go back to the tables I went to the Horse book and began betting $100-$200 a race. I am telling you I did not hit ONE race. Not one. In less than 2 hours, I was busted, $3,500 down the tubes.

So I was walking out and my 6th sense kicked in. A Cop out the corner of my eye was watching me. I was drunk off my ass but it was 5pm and sunny outside. It was not like I was going to get into a fatality. He was staring big time and waved over a couple officers. Now granted, I was so tilted out of my mind, I could not even see straight. So I walked outside and the cops followed me. I get it, they thought I was going to hop in my car. But I just went to the BP and got some breath mints, like certs or something. I just walked right by them and they were all just staring. I was prepared to go ACLU if anyone grabbed me.

So the story ends uneventful. There was a Days Inn about a block away so I just walked there and ordered pizza and like 5am I walked back to my car and went home sober. Not a good day, likely one of my worst.

Not much of a trip report, but I would have been arrested if I had hopped in my car. Someone is always watching. Keep your wits about you always, every step of the way.

Comments

hongkonger: Bottomfag

Muck Ficon: Still terrible.

PuppyMonkeyBaby: Tampa Bay Downs Rep..

YUUP: Fire up emergency radio?

MumblesBadly: Blaming your drunk play on bad luck is very sad. So, here is a sympathy green.

Load Metric

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

LarryLaffer: SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT
    LarryLaffer: YOU ARE A FAGGOT SCUMBAG PEICE OF SHIT AND I HOPE YOU DIE IN A TERRIBLE WAY LIKE BEING RUN OVER BY AN AMTRAK TRAIN
    LarryLaffer: FIND THE NEAREST TRAIN TRACK AND STAND ON IT YOU FILTHY PEICE OF SHIT COCK SUCKING FAGGOT BITCH MOTHER FUCKER
    LarryLaffer: GET A ROBE
    LarryLaffer: ROPE
    LarryLaffer: TIE A NOOSE
    LarryLaffer: YOU WANT DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT? I'LL GOOGLE IT FOR YOU YOU FAGGOT FUC

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by View From Within View Post
    LarryLaffer: SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT
    LarryLaffer: YOU ARE A FAGGOT SCUMBAG PEICE OF SHIT AND I HOPE YOU DIE IN A TERRIBLE WAY LIKE BEING RUN OVER BY AN AMTRAK TRAIN
    LarryLaffer: FIND THE NEAREST TRAIN TRACK AND STAND ON IT YOU FILTHY PEICE OF SHIT COCK SUCKING FAGGOT BITCH MOTHER FUCKER
    LarryLaffer: GET A ROBE
    LarryLaffer: ROPE
    LarryLaffer: TIE A NOOSE
    LarryLaffer: YOU WANT DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT? I'LL GOOGLE IT FOR YOU YOU FAGGOT FUC

such a terrible dupe account. suck it
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by View From Within View Post
    I saw Druff's post about a dog track, so what the hell.

Crica 2006.

Dog Track New Tampa. There is is a highway from New Tampa to downtown Tampa and I went there. I moved there in 2006 (New Tampa) and lasted 8 months, LOL.

This dog track had a poker room and a seedy ass horse racing venue where they had TVs to bet on tracks, off track. It was the fucking worst. Like folding tables to sit, just awful.

I went to the place to grind at $1 and $2 and just got clobbered. I try and play tight, but I just got annihilated. Let me put it like this, I lost $400 where I had a A high flush and got housed on the river, it was one of those days. I went with $1,500 and got cleaned in less than two hours.

It was like 3pm, and there was a Chase bank across the street. I took $2,000 off my credit card when I busted. So rather than go back to the tables I went to the Horse book and began betting $100-$200 a race. I am telling you I did not hit ONE race. Not one. In less than 2 hours, I was busted, $3,500 down the tubes.

So I was walking out and my 6th sense kicked in. A Cop out the corner of my eye was watching me. I was drunk off my ass but it was 5pm and sunny outside. It was not like I was going to get into a fatality. He was staring big time and waved over a couple officers. Now granted, I was so tilted out of my mind, I could not even see straight. So I walked outside and the cops followed me. I get it, they thought I was going to hop in my car. But I just went to the BP and got some breath mints, like certs or something. I just walked right by them and they were all just staring. I was prepared to go ACLU if anyone grabbed me.

So the story ends uneventful. There was a Days Inn about a block away so I just walked there and ordered pizza and like 5am I walked back to my car and went home sober. Not a good day, likely one of my worst.

Not much of a trip report, but I would have been arrested if I had hopped in my car. Someone is always watching. Keep your wits about you always, every step of the way.
    You were an alcoholic back then. You beat that years ago when you switched over to wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Bottomset tilting Larry is hilarious to me for some reason.

Thread Information