Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Cards/Comics..waddaya got?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    have some collectibles that are worth more monetarily, but the funniest one is probably my Whitey Herzog autographed ball

my dad was an executive for a telecom company that hired Whitey as a sponsor like 25 years ago or so, and he was given a couple cases of autographed Whitey Herzog baseballs to give out

he gave one to myself and my brothers, but unlike all the other balls, they were personalized. like, "to williemcfml, signed Whitey Herzog"

i've never called him out on it but as the ball has aged it's become obvious he wrote our names on the ball

HCY dad???
    Your dad was an exec and now sells n-word weed??? Or was that a different WillieMcFML that posted here?
    i wish my dad sold weed. would save me a lot of time and energy getting it for him

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

Your dad was an exec and now sells n-word weed??? Or was that a different WillieMcFML that posted here?
    i wish my dad sold weed. would save me a lot of time and energy getting it for him
    My memory is a piece of shit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I have a crap ton of obscure sports cards. I will venture downstairs tomorrow and get some pictures.

Best memorabilia I have is two things:

Wrigley Field seats that were taken out after World Series this year.

My 2016 Cubs playoff tickets unripped (sent them to myself via email to keep them intact just in case), so I have all 3 World Series games framed and attached to each other. I figure there are probably less than a 1,000 actual game tickets that exist like this in the world and probably way less, since most people ripped the tickets apart and used them.

I bet more of those exist than you think. In this day and age you don't have to use the stubs or paper. Most people use their apps. I know of at least 10 sets of these just between my buddies and I. I personally have 2 of these from my season tickets.

Name:  IMG_5398.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  1.89 MB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    I have a card that I got at the game the nite John Stockton broke the all-time assist record which he autographed for me when I handled the closing of his condo. Also have some of the original documents from that closing.

I have a Bally's Bikini pinball machine.

Also a promotional album of Neil Diamond's "Heartlight" that was given to radio stations sealed and never played.

and a photo of Jesus Ferguson that he autographed at the world series long before the shit hit the fan.

That's pretty cool, so you have 20 Stockton auto's! Those RE papers are ridiculous, so And btw thanks, now I have Heartlight in my head all day.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Several thousand baseball cards from when I was a kid.

Autographed baseballs from

Willie Mays
    Gaylord Perry
    Nolan Ryan
    Hank Aaron
    Roger Clemens

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also have autographed super system 2 from Doyle and a signed 9 from Hellmuth

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i don't want to have to re hatch the the 1988 donruss al leiter rookie card story i told several years ago. let's just say i could wallpaper my entire house with them.

from cards i got into game worn sports jerseys in the mid/late 90's before it was extremely popular.

at my high point i prolly had close to to a collection worth close to 6 figures.

my first game worn jersey was a 1992 scott brosius oakland a's rookie jersey w/ 2 sleeve patches. i think i paid <100 for it
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i don't want to have to re hatch the the 1988 donruss al leiter rookie card story i told several years ago. let's just say i could wallpaper my entire house with them.

from cards i got into game worn sports jerseys in the mid/late 90's before it was extremely popular.

at my high point i prolly had close to to a collection worth close to 6 figures.

my first game worn jersey was a 1992 scott brosius oakland a's rookie jersey w/ 2 sleeve patches. i think i paid <100 for it
    Al Leiter, haven't seen that name in a long time.

So where does the collection stand today?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Several thousand baseball cards from when I was a kid.

Autographed baseballs from

Willie Mays
    Gaylord Perry
    Nolan Ryan
    Hank Aaron
    Roger Clemens
    Have an Aaron and Ryan myself. Actually I remember as a young teen buying "Signature Series" packs of baseball cards where every so often you get a star player autograph, rare but it happened to me. I got Ryan! I went to a card show and sold it in 20 minutes for $650, today likely worth a fraction but it was cool how they sent it. You filled out a card and they sent that back with the Ryan card autographed on the other side in a sweet case.

Ahhhh making cake as a child off a grown man and donking all of it on more packs lol, beautiful thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

Al Leiter, haven't seen that name in a long time.

So where does the collection stand today?
    i still have shoeboxes of all sports and insert cards. had a chance to dump most of it on ebay back in the day. but i was doing well financially and it wasn't worth the time. i wish i unloaded them all.

i remember buying mark mcgwire dairy queen rookie cards unopened and selling them for tonz on ebay. this was a version his usa card but it came out several years later for DQ and collectors ate them up lets just say not selling this stuff back around y2k cost me tens of thousands. let's say i have $20k book value worth of newer cards. i don't even think i could get 25% of value now........i feel almost as sad is when i sold 100 bitcoins for 500 dolla total for fear that they would go under 1 dolla each..lol
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    I was fairly lucky in that my local card store guy was a pretty honest guy, older, liked to teach, probably dead now. So whenever Id hit a good card in the new stuff, dump it buy old RC was his advice.

Mind you I have tons of newer junk as well, it hurts to think I paid X for that rubber maid full of worthless cardboard but the damn excitement of opening each pack, like a drug.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I have a crap ton of obscure sports cards. I will venture downstairs tomorrow and get some pictures.

Best memorabilia I have is two things:

Wrigley Field seats that were taken out after World Series this year.

My 2016 Cubs playoff tickets unripped (sent them to myself via email to keep them intact just in case), so I have all 3 World Series games framed and attached to each other. I figure there are probably less than a 1,000 actual game tickets that exist like this in the world and probably way less, since most people ripped the tickets apart and used them.

I bet more of those exist than you think. In this day and age you don't have to use the stubs or paper. Most people use their apps. I know of at least 10 sets of these just between my buddies and I. I personally have 2 of these from my season tickets.

Name:  IMG_5398.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  1.89 MB
    I would agree if some things didn't make the Cubs unique.

Average season ticket holder is older than most other teams since the waitlist runs 10-15 years.
    Huge amount of corporate owned seats at Wrigley.
    You couldn't use the app to enter Wrigley until this year (2017).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was fairly lucky in that my local card store guy was a pretty honest guy, older, liked to teach, probably dead now. So whenever Id hit a good card in the new stuff, dump it buy old RC was his advice.

Mind you I have tons of newer junk as well, it hurts to think I paid X for that rubber maid full of worthless cardboard but the damn excitement of opening each pack, like a drug.
    i remember doing card shows in white plains ny in the hey day as a teenager. i remember mr. mint coming over to my table looking at all my sharp cornered 60/70's pete rose cards and rookie cars of that era. fucker always tried to nickel and dime me, and i never would sell to him.

i was always trying to buy mint before mint was as important as it became.

another thing. before psa became the grading standard, they were a self serving conflict on interest business. much like they still are today..lol

i laughed at all those psa graded cards as well. wut a joke they were. if you were on inside with them, u were fine, but if you weren't you got downgraded. i still laugh at one dealer that had table of o pee chee bb cards psa graded 9/10's..this was in the 90's. i know opeechee was rough cut but his fucking cards had rounded corners graded a 10. he had hundreds of them. psa, is was, and will always be awful. and unless you're in the inner circle...they will fuck you grading wise.

Load Metric

i remember doing card shows in white plains ny in the hey day as a teenager. i remember mr. mint coming over to my table looking at all my sharp cornered 60/70's pete rose cards and rookie cars of that era. fucker always tried to nickel and dime me, and i never would sell to him.

another thing. before psa became the grading standard, they were a self serving conflict on interest business. much like they still are today..lol

i laughed at all those psa graded cards as well. wut a joke they were. if you were on inside with them, u were fine, but if you weren't you got downgraded. i still laugh at one dealer that had table of o pee chee bb cards psa graded 9/10's..this was in the 90's. i know opeechee was rough cut but his fucking cards had rounded corners graded a 10. he had hundreds of them. psa, is was, and will always be awful. and unless you're in the inner circle...they will fuck you grading wise.

I hear ya, the whole industry in just about all segments, grading, memorabilia, autographs, "game" used etc seems now like it was all pure BS. They preyed on people and ended up doing light to no time, to this day! See that jerk on Pawn Stars, disgusting he is even allowed on that show as an expert. Here is a link to his story, btw you'll love this site.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=31948

As far as opc and rough high grades. Ok that time they used to have a rough edge or two based on how sheets were cut but see the Gretzky graded 10 get like $400k! NO WAY that's a 10, crazy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I hear ya, the whole industry in just about all segments, grading, memorabilia, autographs, "game" used etc seems now like it was all pure BS. They preyed on people and ended up doing light to no time, to this day! See that jerk on Pawn Stars, disgusting he is even allowed on that show as an expert. Here is a link to his story, btw you'll love this site.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=31948

As far as opc and rough high grades. Ok that time they used to have a rough edge or two based on how sheets were cut but see the Gretzky graded 10 get like $400k! NO WAY that's a 10, crazy.
    i remember reading that several years ago. anybody collecting autographs is lol..

i remember practicing my fake pete rose autograph. i had it down pretty good, and i think i could have done some damage if i wanted to.

i won't get into it but i almost worked for one of those guys before all this went down and the allegations came to light. i'm sure he peddled a bunch of bad stuff.

autographs and paper/print/poster collectibles are pretty much a mine field

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  20170321_172536.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  2.85 MB

Load Metric
    Manny Ramirez Autographed game worn Red Sox jersey.

Paul Pierce game worn Celtics jersey.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Used to run the crack of dawn yard sale, estate sale, and flea market circuit with my pops. He used to flip antiques on the side and I traded playing cards and later weapons and war memorabilia. Over the years I've traded or sold the most valuable shit but kept the things I treasure most (except the Bonds, PSA 10, that's just for value).

Hank Aaron double autograph. He signed the same photo twice.

Original Spawn signed by artist.

Billy Ripken infamous test run card with "fuck face" written on end of bat.

Every Mike Schmidt card, ever. Collected and kept in a binder in order of production date.

Lou Brock rookie card.

Barry Bonds rookie card.

Julius Erving (Dr. J) on the Jersey Squires (ABA)

Thread Information