Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***Official*** 'Steven Crowder is a right-wing hack' thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Why would Crowder agree to this in the first place if he was afraid? He gets challenged to debates all the time by lower-rated Youtubers. Clearly no one would care if he just ignored it.

Why doesn't Potholer agree to one of these "unreasonable time slots" and see what happens?

Sounds like he really just wants to show Crowder is dodging him.

I think Crowder just sees little value in this whole thing, so he's not trying too hard to make it happen.
    Because the latest one in the day for him is 5:30 in the morning. That's a bullshit time. The time of day that Crowder originally agreed to was reasonable for both parties. At essentially the last minute, Crowder backs out and claims a schedule change. That's fucking bogus.

And Potholer isn't a "low rated Youtuber". He does his YouTube channel as a side project to career as a seasoned and highly respected science reporter.

In fact, immensely popular-among-science-geeks science-and-bullshit-debunker, Thunderf00t, considers potholer54 as one of the remaining science YouTubers he absolutely respects for his YouTube contributions to debunking anti-science bullshit, and Thunderf00t has a roughly comparable number of YouTube subscribers as Crowder.

Also, Crowder only wants to "debate" with Potholer if he does so as a guest on Crowder's show. That is not a neutral setting for a debate, and Crowder knows this. He's not interested in having a fair debate on the topic. He simply wants to media whore whatever exchange with Potholer that he could manage with the help of his show producer. That's bullshit.

P.S. And if Crowder think nobody cared, why did he take the time to respond to Potholer's video about his non-appearance on the debate?

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-23-2017 at 06:13 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Crowder did a 16-hour marathon show where he and his assistants watched CNN and livestreamed it. It wasn't a full 16 hours of CNN, as they were doing lots of other stuff in the background such as playing various games, but it did require some effort, and it went over pretty well with Crowder's fanbase.

He also produced a fairly well-made "A Christmas Carol" parody regarding YouTube and its censorship.

That was on December 21. Since then, he's put out very little content, and what he did put out appears to have been made before December 21.

I guess at some point during the live stream, he claimed they would be taking a break until January 4, which of course is understandable. After all, Crowder and his staff have not taken any kind of lengthy break in the past year (since they started doing 4 shows per week), and it was about time everyone had a vacation.

However, then on January 4, we got this:

This was really weird, because Crowder never does unprofessional-looking phone selfie videos like this. One thing I like about him is that he puts a lot of effort into everything he does, despite a small staff and only limited time to get it done.

Anyway, he basically said he's shutting down until February, and blamed it on moving offices, hiring 3 new people, and wanting to give his staff a break.

What's kind of questionable about this is that they REALLY pushed for yearly subscriptions during that live stream, and apparently got a lot of new signups. I was moments away from breaking out the Jew wallet and subscribing, just to support what Crowder was doing, because I really enjoy it. But I got busy and forgot about doing it, and now I'm glad I didn't yet. Tons of new people paid $69-$99 to subscribe for a year, and they're getting zero point zero Crowder content for the first 1.5 months, which is something that should have been disclosed when they did this livestream. Or if they didn't know yet, they should have done something like give all subscribers a free month. That's probably not easy because it's a CRTV subscription which involves other personalities (owned by the same company as PokerGo, btw), but still they should have done something.

Anyway, I still like Crowder and will probably subscribe when he returns in February, but this was the first thing he's done which made me scratch my head a bit.

Load Metric
    After reading your post I figured he was possibly having some marriage issues or something personal going on. It looks like they're doing very well and looking to improve the studio and likely the content as well.

I enjoy Crowder, his last time on the Rogan show got pretty heated. Rogan lost his cool over a marijuana debate. Rogan issued a public apology to Crowder afterwards. Should be worth a listen.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    After reading your post I figured he was possibly having some marriage issues or something personal going on. It looks like they're doing very well and looking to improve the studio and likely the content as well.

I enjoy Crowder, his last time on the Rogan show got pretty heated. Rogan lost his cool over a marijuana debate. Rogan issued a public apology to Crowder afterwards. Should be worth a listen.
    Yeah maybe my post sounded more dramatic than it really is.

To be clear, I don't think Crowder is ripping anyone off or anything.

The "subscribe for a year please, look at how we're doing 16 hours of content for you" drive isn't a good look when you unexpectedly shut down for 1.5 months right after getting all those new subscribers.

I'm guessing it probably wasn't planned, and Crowder just decided they were doing well enough to try to take the show to the next level, and the invested some $ in a better studio and 3 more employees.

Crowder is by far my favorite conservative YouTube personality.

What I like about him:

1) He isn't extreme. He even puts his very religious Christian beliefs on the back burner in order to appeal to the masses, rarely incorporating them into the show (aside from occasionally doing anti-abortion segments).

2) He's funny. He mixes his opinion with humor, and they make lots of humorous cutaway segments for many of the topics discussed. He doesn't just get on camera and rant.

3) He puts out a professional show. It's surprisingly smooth and well-produced, given the low budget and small staff involved.

He's actually a really hard worker, and his producer Not Gay Jared (who reminds me a lot of SrslySirius) is an even harder worker.

Load Metric
    What kind of living do you think he is making? I'm sure he's doing well but I can't even come up with an estimate.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What kind of living do you think he is making? I'm sure he's doing well but I can't even come up with an estimate.
    I can't figure it out, either. I've tried to think about it and just can't really come up with it either.

He also did pretty well by scoring a really hot wife who was shockingly a virgin before marrying him (as was he).

Load Metric

Yeah maybe my post sounded more dramatic than it really is.

To be clear, I don't think Crowder is ripping anyone off or anything.

The "subscribe for a year please, look at how we're doing 16 hours of content for you" drive isn't a good look when you unexpectedly shut down for 1.5 months right after getting all those new subscribers.

I'm guessing it probably wasn't planned, and Crowder just decided they were doing well enough to try to take the show to the next level, and the invested some $ in a better studio and 3 more employees.

Crowder is by far my favorite conservative YouTube personality.

What I like about him:

1) He isn't extreme. He even puts his very religious Christian beliefs on the back burner in order to appeal to the masses, rarely incorporating them into the show (aside from occasionally doing anti-abortion segments).

2) He's funny. He mixes his opinion with humor, and they make lots of humorous cutaway segments for many of the topics discussed. He doesn't just get on camera and rant.

3) He puts out a professional show. It's surprisingly smooth and well-produced, given the low budget and small staff involved.

He's actually a really hard worker, and his producer Not Gay Jared (who reminds me a lot of SrslySirius) is an even harder worker.
    But he peddles the Christiocentric myth that Christianity is the unique foundation for having a society with mercy and forgiveness towards others.

In other words, he's ignorant and biased and either doesn't know it or doesn't care. But, damn! He puts on a good show, right???

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Mumbles you didn't refute Druffs point. I'm an atheist, I don't want to listen to a bunch of religious nonsense but I enjoy Crowders show? Why? Because he puts his christian beliefs on the back burner the enormous majority of the time, just like druff said in the point you highlighted.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Uh oh, turns out druffs favorite right winger is a scammer. Talk about a moral dilemna

Comments

PLOL: troll rep

Load Metric
    Mumbles you didn't refute Druffs point. I'm an atheist, I don't want to listen to a bunch of religious nonsense but I enjoy Crowders show? Why? Because he puts his christian beliefs on the back burner the enormous majority of the time, just like druff said in the point you highlighted.
    If Crowder puts his Christian beliefs "on the backburner", then why did he claim in the segment of his show examined in the vid I shared here that without Christianity, humans would not have a society that encourages mercy and forgiveness? You may enjoy what Crowder has to say about a number of other topics, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't use his show to *also* promote an ignorant and biased belief in the supposed moral superiority of Christianity over other belief systems, religious or otherwise.

Forgiveness in other religious faiths:

Non-religious basis for forgiveness:

And an amazing story of someone who was freed from a completely self-destructive internal prison of hate by radically embracing forgiveness:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New video. Meet Steven Crowder's mom, who apparently designs the costumes he wears on the show (!!)

Also it seems clear that their "studio" is actually a house they're probably renting (or maybe bought?) in the greater Detroit area.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Crowder coming back tomorrow.

Here's a much more civil appearance on Joe Rogan. His assistant "Not Gay Jared" (who has a lot of similarities to SrslySirius) was on the show, too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

So this is peculiar.

Crowder is part of CRTV, which is a "network" of conservative internet shows. CRTV is actually owned by Cary Katz, who also owns PokerGo.

Anyway, I don't find most of the CRTV hosts to be that interesting, but I really love Crowder.

Crowder does shows 4 times per week (usually, occasionally less), one each day Monday through Thursday. Each show is around 75 minutes long.

The Thursday show is always put on YouTube in its entirety, and he puts some of the best segments from the other 3 shows on YouTube, as well.

This always made it tough to justify plunking down money to subscribe to CRTV, since I could always Jew out and see about 2 of the 5 hours of content per week for free, and honestly that was enough. I probably don't have time to watch 5 hours per week.

The normal price for CRTV is $99/year. However, Crowder has been heavily promoting the codes "STUDENT" and "MILITARY" to get it for $69, and he hasn't been shy about encouraging people to use those codes even if they aren't actually student or military.

In one of his "Colton Wade" skits, where Crowder plays a mulleted, trailer-trash guy obsessed with his show, his "Colton" character justifies having subscribed for $69 by saying, "I'm a student of the world!"

In one of Crowder's monologues near the end of one of his shows, he said something like, "It's just $69 for students, and I mean any kind of student. If you think you're a student, you qualify, wink wink, nudge nudge."

So it was clear that Crowder was encouraging everyone to use the "STUDENT" code, even if they weren't students. He just wanted subscriptions.

I thought that was clever, as it was a way to get people to subscribe for $69, believe they were getting a great deal (and in fact an unjustified one). In addition, they'd also collect $99 from whomever was too afraid or uncomfortable entering that code.

Well, I wasn't about to throw away $99 on a subscription I didn't really need, but I figured $69 was low enough to where I'd kick it in to support what Crowder is doing.

Keep in mind that, unlike PFA, Crowder isn't running his site at a loss, and is doing quite well for himself. So he doesn't NEED my money, but I felt like giving him $69 (or whatever part of it he keeps) because I really like the show he's put together.

I went on there, and I got this...

Name:  crowder1.png
Views: 280
Size:  44.6 KB

WTF

So apparently you can't just call yourself a "STUDENT" and get $30 off. You have to go through some intrusive student ID verification process on a third party site. Yeah, fuck that.

I just decided to give up on the whole thing and closed it.

Surprised that Crowder isn't aware of this, as he keeps directing people to enter "STUDENT" for that discount (even if they're not students), and in reality that doesn't work. How could he not know this by now?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Can't you watch his shows for free on YouTube?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    MumblesBadly what religion are you?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I'm a secular humanist now, but I once was a libertarian. And you?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly
    Can't you watch his shows for free on YouTube?
    Go back and read my last post, and you'll know the answer to that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly
    Can't you watch his shows for free on YouTube?
    Go back and read my last post, and you'll know the answer to that.
    Interesting. You get a solid 1/4th of his weekly content for free, as well as selected clips from the rest of his weekly content, but that's not enough for you to enjoy? You'd be willing to shell out over a $1.25/week for the extra content? Sounds to me like it would be a diminished return proposition. But perhaps I am cheaper than even you.

And are you aware that Crowder, as a conservative Christian, is cool with Israel being destroyed in a massive conflagration if it means the End Times are imminent?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't know why you're so confused about this.

Yes, the free Crowder content is enough.

I wanted to subscribe to show my support.

Their highly promoted code to get it for $69 doesn't work.

That's all the effort I'm willing to put. I give up, and will continue watching the free stuff.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I'm a secular humanist now, but I once was a libertarian. And you?

Christian just like Nelson Mandella. It's through no choice of my own though. That's just how I was raised so I stuck with it same as Nelson.

Also I don't see why forgiveness is thought of as this great unselfish act. After you forgive someone you get to think about them way less so I see it as a selfish act. The same argument can be made for doing something nice for someone. I think people tell themselves these are selfless acts but honestly they just like the way it makes them feel. So once again pretty much selfish. Find me the religion that encourages grudge holding and not giving a fuck what anyone else thinks. That would be the challenging one. Having a backbone or being rude is 1000 times more difficult than forgiving someone and doing nice things like a faggot. It's also way more honest. In this world if you don't hate anyone u are one lost fuck. For example I don't hate anyone.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 02-14-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Thread Information