Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Does this site even make any money?

I think he runs it at a small loss.
    Before or after he pays your salary?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    I have not posted in an eternity; almost reverted to lurker status.

But this post made me check out PFA's rank on Alexa. Was really surprised to find THIS:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Can anyone explain? Druff's site has gone from the 635,000th most popular global website to nearly the 300,000th since around March 1, 2017. My guess is that Druff's site is still losing traffic, but that on average the 634,999 higher ranked sites above him were just losing traffic at a quicker pace. No $$$ in Internet websites, everyone's solid...
    I believe the ???!!! part was where he stole some underpants.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: gnome rep

nunbeater: Step 3: Profit

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I bet I could extract $5k from some sucker if I tried to sell it.
    Why not cut off yer radio show at 2 hours? I download all yer radio shows, but when I see 5 hours I just delete. Not going to spend a whole day listening to yer radio show.
    I agree, 5 hours is way to long for a podcast/radio cast. That is why I have not watched Breaking Bag on Netflix, who has 48 hours to watch a TV show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by justweeee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Why not cut off yer radio show at 2 hours? I download all yer radio shows, but when I see 5 hours I just delete. Not going to spend a whole day listening to yer radio show.
    I agree, 5 hours is way to long for a podcast/radio cast. That is why I have not watched Breaking Bag on Netflix, who has 48 hours to watch a TV show.

THANKS FOR CHIMING IN TOTALLY UNIQUE USER WHO IS DEFINITELY ON HIS MAIN ACCOUNT

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: lol
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justweeee View Post

THANKS FOR CHIMING IN TOTALLY UNIQUE USER WHO IS DEFINITELY ON HIS MAIN ACCOUNT
    I am new to this, so I will try and read between the lines. All caps - speaking loudly/shouting. Totally unique user - I have had another account before this one. On his main account - this is not my only account. Am I reading that correctly, I am not wearing my glasses?

Load Metric

But this post made me check out PFA's rank on Alexa. Was really surprised to find THIS:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Can anyone explain? Druff's site has gone from the 635,000th most popular global website to nearly the 300,000th since around March 1, 2017. My guess is that Druff's site is still losing traffic, but that on average the 634,999 higher ranked sites above him were just losing traffic at a quicker pace. No $$$ in Internet websites, everyone's solid...

It's time to learn something about web metrics: The Long Tail Phenomenon and how it relates to sites ranked more than 100,000 on Alexa

https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/200449614
    Name:  Long_Change-Visitors-vs.-Rank.jpeg
Views: 439
Size:  49.3 KB

Load Metric
    THIS WEBSITE IS WORTH 1 TODGER DOLLAR
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    THIS WEBSITE IS WORTH 1 TODGER DOLLAR
    i'm sure the jump in alexa rating has a lot to do with all the new users and their 2+2 & reddit /poker like wit, humor, & intelligence

even when there were times where the posting had slowed down on this site, at least it was primarily still users who were funny, entertaining, informative that were posting - just at a slower rate

but this site has been inundated with unfunny, slow, window-lickers and it's become painful to read on most days

i'm sorry, i remember giving dirtyb shit for always complaining instead of trying to lift the site up instead, but it's just fucking dreadful for the most part

Comments

simply1: concur

LarryLaffer: you're an asshole as well.

PLOL: sad but true

Load Metric
    interesting price apparently

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-va...raudalert.com/ has it at just under $24,000 in value

http://www.webuka.com puts it at $6,694 with an estimated $268 potential monthly ad revenue

www.yourwebsitevalue.com puts it at $4,204

Load Metric
    I would post here with specific facts about the web analytics associated with this domain, but there seems to be a select few who are able to provide knowledge on this site without being accused of being arrogant. Be advised that this domain is actually worth well over 5k, but you would never find a buyer in me.

Just pretend like this post contains a lame inside joke, a specific insult to another member, and a meme.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    interesting price apparently

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-va...raudalert.com/ has it at just under $24,000 in value

http://www.webuka.com puts it at $6,694 with an estimated $268 potential monthly ad revenue

www.yourwebsitevalue.com puts it at $4,204
    in before druff goes on 5+ paragraph rant acknowledging the first number while completely ignoring the other two

edit: he may also point out the fact that he could easily pull in $268 in monthly ad rev but refuses to take ad money from "shady sites"

Comments

Tellafriend: just snorted

LarryLaffer: wow he got inb4

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think I would ever sell this domain, even if I were done with the site itself.

I would probably just shut it down, maintain control of the domain (very cheap, obviously), and be done.

Yes, if someone gave me some eye-poppingly high offer for PFA, I would sell it and start another site in its place, but clearly that's never happening.

In another thread, gauchojake recently pointed out (in a sarcastic one-liner) that forums are, in general, on the decline.

That's 100% true.

I am a member of a few other forums which were once far more active than PFA ever was, and they have declined steeply in the past few years. Even 2+2 is a shell of its former self.

This is because forums are (sadly) becoming an antiquated concept. They're being replaced by reddit and social media. It's the same reason why chat rooms, once thriving on the web 20 years ago, are now almost all ghost towns.

Personally I love forums and chat rooms. They are the direct descendants of the BBSes I used and loved in the 1980s. However, time marches on, and things change.

An interesting study is Ray Davis' "Real Grinders" site. When he started this in October, it was a failsite. Almost no one was interested in it, and the forum was beyond a ghost town.

That's still true. The forum is gone, and the site seems to barely be updated.

However, the Real Grinders Facebook group is thriving. It has 6000 members, and is the most active Facebook poker group I know of, with participation by both regulars and pros. So there really seems to be an interest by poker players to want to post on the internet, but most want to do it through existing social media they're part of, and not via forums.

Comments

HoodedN: bink

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And regarding the content on this site...

As I've always said, the content is a collection of everyone's contributions combined. Even if you were once a great poster, if your entire contribution to PFA nowadays is a sarcastic one-liner (even if funny/clever), you aren't really contributing much here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel anyone is obligated to post or contribute content here. I'm just saying that complaints such as, "I would post more, but the current crop of posters is awful" is a vicious cycle. If the good posters don't post discussion-worthy content, then of course the site becomes more dominated by the bad/mediocre posters.

There's also the ignore feature. So if there's someone who annoys you with bad posts, you can generally just ignore them, and you won't see much from them (basically you won't see anything unless someone responds to them). If a certain poster causes every thread to veer into a direction where everyone is fighting with them, then that's a problem, but I haven't seen that here in awhile. If I do see that, I take action at that point. I want most threads here -- at least the serious and semi-serious ones -- to stay on topic and readable.

As you guys see, I try to contribute content here. Some of it catches on, some falls flat, and some gets a moderate response, but I do start a lot of discussion topics and provide background each time. That's really all I can do. I'm not going to ban unpopular posters, because that's pretty much a path to the site being a ghost town, and I also generally don't like doing that anyway.

Recall that, when I left Donkdown, Micon stated that there were a whole lot of Vegas pros he knew who were staying away from the site simply because they disliked me. That was much of his rationale for running me out -- that I was a detriment to the site, and I was holding it back from greatness. You saw what happened there. Not a single one of these "pros" ever made a single post after I left DD. Within about 8 months, it was completely dead. When people go inactive from (or won't join) a forum, they might blame it on a particular reason or person, but the truth is that they just generally lost (or never had) the desire to post. When the excuse not to post is gone, things don't tend to change.

Load Metric
    I agree with much of what you said, from my limited viewpoint.

From the perspective of a relatively new user, I came in here trying to contribute thoughtful, informed posts, but was flatly attacked for my association with Larry and my self-admitted smugness

The biggest driver of withheld content is the group of people who attack those who don't agree with their views Gimmick, to his credit, called me on making personal attacks during a debate and I started to notice my tendency to do that here, as if preempting an attack

Also no one wants to put thought into a post if they just receive a "later fag" meme or cheap insult from some moron who most often just doesn't understand the content being discussed.
    Last edited by GringoStar; 04-29-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

It was LIMON. The dude moves the needle. I only get new followers if he RTs me. No one else.

Load Metric
    PFA Hacking On Air Talent

Drexel

Load Metric
    Drexel we're still waiting for your epic show to start

At least call in more often on radio, we need your crazy tangents and impromptu competitions/ quizzes

Pretty please
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information