Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No radio tonight

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No radio tonight

Remember that cold I said I got last week on the trip?

It's still here, and it actually got worse on Monday.

Crappy.

Anyway, no radio until this gets significantly better. The problem is that it's very hard to talk for hours straight when you have something like this. I've tried before and it just made the symptoms worse, so I decided I wasn't doing radio in the future with a cold, unless it's on its way out.

Furthermore, I want to announce a small change to future freerolls. I am somewhat removing non-electronic means of payment for winners (meaning checks and cash). It's a pain in the ass to keep writing small checks to people who either don't have bank accounts or don't want to give the info to me. I also don't like mailing checks because I had that experience last year where someone at the post office stole my mail, and committed fraud against my account.

The new rule will be that you cannot receive a payment in the mail unless you've accumulated $100 of winnings.

I might be adding Venmo as an option for payment to make up for this, though the people this affects are also not likely to have Venmo.

Comments

smiflorida: damnit. bullshit...

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Jfc
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    No freeroll either?

Load Metric
    I was going to call in to discuss #pfapizzagate but clearly you're hiding behind your "cold" because YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE WANT ANSWERS.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I was going to call in to discuss #pfapizzagate but clearly you're hiding behind your "cold" because YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE WANT ANSWERS.
    Then you'll be happy to know that I will do the show tomorrow Friday if I'm feeling somewhat better.

Comments

smiflorida: Nice, feel better!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Is Limon going to accuse you of big timing him.

Load Metric
    Hernandez knew radio would be cancelled

Comments

hongkonger: Lol

Sanlmar: Lol

Load Metric
    Get a fucking flu jab ffs. It will make a difference. I'm on immune crushing drugs but my yearly flu jab suppresses both (unless i'm just super lucky)

Also take immune boosting 'natural' supplements.

Helps, I swear.

Load Metric
    now I'm curious...

how many people actually request paper payouts? Use whatever metric you like. 1 out of every 6 people? 1 out of 30? How many checks did you have to send out last year? Do people do it with small payouts, then not cash the check, so they have a souvenir that's certified Todd, so to speak?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Get a fucking flu jab ffs. It will make a difference. I'm on immune crushing drugs but my yearly flu jab suppresses both (unless i'm just super lucky)

Also take immune boosting 'natural' supplements.

Helps, I swear.
    It's not a flu. It's a cold. Flu shot would not have helped. I rarely get the flu.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    now I'm curious...

how many people actually request paper payouts? Use whatever metric you like. 1 out of every 6 people? 1 out of 30? How many checks did you have to send out last year? Do people do it with small payouts, then not cash the check, so they have a souvenir that's certified Todd, so to speak?
    I don't even know. I do get emails maybe once every 3 weeks asking for paper checks. I just decided I'm tired of doing it. It's a hassle. And then there's that risk that the checks will be stolen like they were last year, which was a much bigger hassle.

It's 2017, and there are so many ways you can get paid online, including Bitcoin. I can transfer to literally any bank account in the US.

I've just decided I'm done mailing out $12 checks.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: was impressive that you ever even offered these methods rep

Load Metric
    Faithful archives listener here... Get well soon Druff.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    First O'Reilly now Druff.

Load Metric
    Watching Kershaw tonight is not gonna help your current condition. That and fluids.

Look forward to the show tomorrow.

Load Metric
    rip cash in envelope

Load Metric
    Damn, had a few drinks and was going to offer 500 free roll as have flight to Tokyo tonight. I am a big fan of radio on flights to Tokyo . Basically leave LA when radio starts and in tokyo more or less when it ends depending on length.
    :freelewfather

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Damn, had a few drinks and was going to offer 500 free roll as have flight to Tokyo tonight. I am a big fan of radio on flights to Tokyo . Basically leave LA when radio starts and in tokyo more or less when it ends depending on length.
    I thought of you when I bought internet on my flight back from Philadelphia on Saturday.

I thought to myself, "Wow, cmoney actually somehow uses this shitty airline connection to listen to radio."

How does radio last for most of an LA-Tokyo flight? Isn't that like 12 hours?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I thought of you when I bought internet on my flight back from Philadelphia on Saturday.

I thought to myself, "Wow, cmoney actually somehow uses this shitty airline connection to listen to radio."

How does radio last for most of an LA-Tokyo flight? Isn't that like 12 hours?
    It has been awhile since I have been to Tokyo but last time I went you had an epic long show and it literally lasted from the time i left LA until I got to Tokyo. I was in United Global First class and with the show was best flight ever. Radio didnt cut out at all from LA to Tokyo . Had Internet the whole way. In United first class again so will just have to make it work without the show this time. rough life.

Name:  IMG_8341.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  1.11 MB

Comments

ThreeBet: Ballin in First Class obv

Lord of the Fraud: balling, tho fuck 39,000 ft up. hate it. but whiskey, whiskey and more whiskey.

Load Metric
    I know. I was going to do a $15k freeroll tonight if the show was over 9 hours and druff did it naked on video while sitting on a cucumber.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I know. I was going to do a $15k freeroll tonight if the show was over 9 hours and druff did it naked on video while sitting on a cucumber.
    might be worth a few k though dont you think?

Thread Information