Thread: Oldest person in the world is donkdown.

Load Metric

Oldest person in the world is donkdown.

World's oldest person Emma Morano dies at 117

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  79.2 KB

Views: 334
Size:  89.6 KB

Views: 378
Size:  88.8 KB

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39610937
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Rip

Load Metric

Comments

simpdog: Had to be said

MumblesBadly: Congrats! You win the unannounced contest for posting PFA's official RIP wish!
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    The oldest living person in the world is always alive
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    The oldest living person in the world is always alive
    True. Also, the person who is the oldest person living in the world only lives another few months or so on average. 538 did an analysis on this once. Basically the "oldest person" in the world age has stayed pretty constant for a while now, despite medical advances. Possible that humans will never live past the 115ish mark.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Would anyone want to live that old?

I think 90 would be my limit.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Anything over 40 seems pretty unnecessary
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Because sphincters tend to loosen up?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Because sphincters tend to loosen up?
    You speaking from experience?
    TRUMP 2024!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A French woman made it to 122. She's the only human being to have ever seen their 120th birthday, unless you want to count Moses.

No man has ever made it to 117.

There are a few unverified (and likely) untrue claims of ridiculously long lives, such as a man in Indonesia who says he's 147.

It is true that, while human life expectancy keeps rising due to improvements in medical technology, safety, and hygiene, the maximum life expectancy remains constant.

I don't believe we will see much improvement on that front until a method is found to slow the aging process.

Comments

MumblesBadly: What about Methuselah??? Or do you doubt the veracity of the Hebrew Bible???

Load Metric
    A French woman made it to 122. She's the only human being to have ever seen their 120th birthday, unless you want to count Moses.

There are a few unverified (and likely) untrue claims of ridiculously long lives, such as a man in Indonesia who says he's 147.

It is true that, while human life expectancy keeps rising due to improvements in medical technology, safety, and hygiene, the maximum life expectancy remains constant.

I don't believe we will see much improvement on that front until a method is found to slow the aging process.
    I think we will see it sooner than you think with stem cell rapidly advancing and quantum computers working on genetic code, not to mention things like nano bots. I don't think we will see 200 anytime soon, but I would bet that 110 becomes the new 80-90 in a few decades.

HOWEVER, to your point, I have read in a few places that we believe that our average lifespan has improved drastically due to the ability to fend off disease and illness in our later years, when in reality the average lifespan has gone up mostly due to the 1st worlds ability to significantly reduce infant mortality rates. People used to have 10-15 kids because only a few of them would live past childhood. They used to not name children until they were a few years old because they were that fleeting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post

I think we will see it sooner than you think with stem cell rapidly advancing and quantum computers working on genetic code, not to mention things like nano bots. I don't think we will see 200 anytime soon, but I would bet that 110 becomes the new 80-90 in a few decades.

HOWEVER, to your point, I have read in a few places that we believe that our average lifespan has improved drastically due to the ability to fend off disease and illness in our later years, when in reality the average lifespan has gone up mostly due to the 1st worlds ability to significantly reduce infant mortality rates. People used to have 10-15 kids because only a few of them would live past childhood. They used to not name children until they were a few years old because they were that fleeting.
    What you're saying doesn't really apply to the past 80 years in the US, though. For example, let's go back 45 years, to the year I was born. I don't believe infant mortality in the US in 1972 was much higher than today (probably only a little bit due to saving babies with very serious medical conditions).

Life expectancy in the US is definitely higher than it was a few decades ago, thanks to better medical technology and understanding. However, we still lack the two breakthrough cures -- heart disease and cancer. If those two are cured or mostly cured, average lifespan goes way up, but we probably still don't break 120 at maximum lifespan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A stat I would like to see for life expectancy would be one that removes outlier deaths.

So take out death by accident, violence, suicide, drug/alcohol abuse, extreme obesity, and unusual congenital conditions. So basically remove everyone from the calculation who died under 40, and then remove anyone over 40 who fits any of those categories.

That would be more of an indication of how long the average person in each country can expect to live.

Load Metric
    In South Korea, the average woman may soon live to 90
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7ef5a16d5de6

By 2030, the average male in the U.S. will live to 80 years old.
    By 2030, the average female in the U.S. will live to 83 years old.

By 2030, the average male in South Korea will live to 84 years old.
    By 2030, the average female in South Korea will live to 90 years old.

The United States is on par with Mexico as far as life expectancy.

People live longer in many third world countries because they don't have as much crime, obesity, car accidents, drug use or settle their differences with guns as they do in the U.S. and they eat healthy and exercise.

Load Metric
    A stat I would like to see for life expectancy would be one that removes outlier deaths.

So take out death by accident, violence, suicide, drug/alcohol abuse, extreme obesity, and unusual congenital conditions. So basically remove everyone from the calculation who died under 40, and then remove anyone over 40 who fits any of those categories.

That would be more of an indication of how long the average person in each country can expect to live.
    Not an average person. A person who escaped any of those causes of premature death, most of which are beyond their control.
    HILLARY WON

Thread Information