Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Got a text from someone who played poker with this guy in Louisville.

Said that he's one of those asshole Asian players who berates dealers and gets kicked out all the time for his behavior.

Not a surprise.

When I saw this guy's picture, before I even knew he played poker, I thought, "Wow, this guy looks like one of those asshole older Asian men I always encounter at Commerce."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bottom line is that there are no sympathetic characters in this story.

One is a former criminal prescription pill pusher with a long history of nasty confrontations.

The other side involves an entitled, arrogant airline and authoritarian police force.

Hopefully some good will come of this, and perhaps we will see some positive changes to the currently very unfair overbooking laws. And if not that, perhaps we will at least see a difference in common practices regarding overbooking.

So perhaps we will all be better for this fiasco.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also how does this guy's wife feel about him trading pills for buttsecks from other dudes?

That's honestly the oddest part of this whole thing. He seems to be living a heterosexual lifestyle, but bangs dudes on the DL, to the point where he offered pills in exchange for gay sex.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    A number of aspects are concerning regardless of the legality of bumping:

1) I have little problem with bumping prior to boarding even if I don't like it.

2) Once people are boarded you need to raise the level of the offer to whatever it takes to get the job done.

3) My understanding is that it was like a 4 1/2 hour drive and the crew could have been taken by limo, uber or cab. Employees should be inconvenienced before boarded paying passengers. They could have chartered a small plane.

4) Most posters will probably neither agree nor understand this, but there is no way a senior citizen should be chosen to be removed even in a random process. There are certain rights and exemptions that come with advanced age and this needs to be one of the them. Pulling a 69 year old off is disgraceful.

5) There is an opening for an opportunistic airline to announce that, in spite of the legality, we will never do an involuntary bumping of a boarded passenger whatever the cost to us. The good will created by this kind of statement would be more valuable than any advertising campaign.
    Great post. I agree with almost all of it, though I still don't like involuntary bumping, even if the passenger isn't boarded yet.

Load Metric
    Druff, please don't spam the forum
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff,

What if you and Benjamin were on that plane and you were randomly picked and they told you to leave Benjamin on the side, what would you have done?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can't believe I'm going to say this but...

Dare I say: who really gives a shit about his past? I know I'm going to get flack for this but...

Yeah, I get the fact that he did some shady ridiculous shit in the past like selling pills and all that garbage; That guy probably contributed to ruining some lives and families because of his dealings. Also, I get the likelihood that he is one of those asshole Asian poker players and all that jazz...

I get that.

What does that have to do with the present situation though?? Did I miss something???? Maybe I did; I'll admit I haven't exactly researched down the rabbit hole with this one. We have cellphone videos that pretty clearly depict what went on, as well as witness testimony which seem to validate. Shit looks pretty cut and dry to me. Maybe there is some key evidence missing here that could certainly change the story. Maybe something else happened that wasn't captured on video or brought up from witness testimony. I'll be the first to admit and say that it really feels like something is left out of the story, because this just seems so fucked up and beyond reality. BUT so far, that doesn't seem to be the case though. ( Disclosure: I haven't looked at the news for the past few hours so i guess i could be missing something)

Please educate me as to when it is acceptable to drag a calm passenger off of a plane in these circumstances? If the guy was drunk...being a nuisance and not complying, yeah, i could see how that could happen. Id drag him off myself.

This guy though legitimately had his own ticket and seat and just wanted to get home. Of course he got irritated when they demanded he get the hell off the plane. I would too!

I can guarantee you that if I had a legit ticket, did nothing wrong...not being a nuisance or belligerent... and needed to get home so bad that I didn't even want to take their payoff...but then was given an "or else" ultimatum, I would be pissed off and raise holy hell too. Goddamn right I would be cocky to the authorities. Fuck that "complying" bullshit. Yeah, pretty much any other time in life if an officer told me to do something, even if i was in the right, I would just listen and comply. Not here. Not when I was literally sitting peacefully minding my own business with an expensive ticket to get me where I needed to go.

I think about "what if's" in this case.

What if this guy wanted to get home to his own child being born or something?

...what if, as a doctor, he needed to get to a patient?

Why the fuck doesn't United have the common sense and decency to keep upping the payoff amount until they find a WILLING participant?! what the fuck is $800? I could shit out $800. Hey, you wanna overbook!? fine! then accept the loss and ship the chips!

Me personally, I don't fly a ton, but I remember on at least a couple different occasions (i think it might have been Southwest) where they kept upping the ante until they found willing participants. One of those times, I remember a couple made out with almost $4000 total - i couldn't believe it got that high and nobody accepted sooner; my wife and myself certainly would have taken it at that rate but we had a well planned vacation that would have gone to complete shit otherwise.

Comments

Sanlmar: Beat me to it. Nailed it & him

Lord of the Fraud: you need to stop posting now as it's all downhill after this masterpiece. well said

Load Metric

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Dare I say: who really gives a shit about his past? I know I'm going to get flack for this but...

Yeah, I get the fact that he did some shady ridiculous shit in the past like selling pills and all that garbage; That guy probably contributed to ruining some lives and families because of his dealings. Also, I get the likelihood that he is one of those asshole Asian poker players and all that jazz...

I get that.

What does that have to do with the present situation though?? Did I miss something???? Maybe I did; I'll admit I haven't exactly researched down the rabbit hole with this one. We have cellphone videos that pretty clearly depict what went on, as well as witness testimony which seem to validate. Shit looks pretty cut and dry to me. Maybe there is some key evidence missing here that could certainly change the story. Maybe something else happened that wasn't captured on video or brought up from witness testimony. I'll be the first to admit and say that it really feels like something is left out of the story, because this just seems so fucked up and beyond reality. BUT so far, that doesn't seem to be the case though. ( Disclosure: I haven't looked at the news for the past few hours so i guess i could be missing something)

Please educate me as to when it is acceptable to drag a calm passenger off of a plane in these circumstances? If the guy was drunk...being a nuisance and not complying, yeah, i could see how that could happen. Id drag him off myself.

This guy though legitimately had his own ticket and seat and just wanted to get home. Of course he got irritated when they demanded he get the hell off the plane. I would too!

I can guarantee you that if I had a legit ticket, did nothing wrong...not being a nuisance or belligerent... and needed to get home so bad that I didn't even want to take their payoff...but then was given an "or else" ultimatum, I would be pissed off and raise holy hell too. Goddamn right I would be cocky to the authorities. Fuck that "complying" bullshit. Yeah, pretty much any other time in life if an officer told me to do something, even if i was in the right, I would just listen and comply. Not here. Not when I was literally sitting peacefully minding my own business with an expensive ticket to get me where I needed to go.

Why the fuck doesn't United have the common sense and decency to keep upping the payoff amount until they find a WILLING participant?! what the fuck is $800? I could shit out $800. Hey, you wanna overbook!? fine! then accept the loss and ship the chips!

Me personally, I don't fly a ton, but I remember on at least a couple different occasions (i think it might have been Southwest) where they kept upping the ante until they found willing participants. One of those times, I remember a couple made out with almost $4000 total - i couldn't believe it got that high and nobody accepted sooner; my wife and myself certainly would have taken it at that rate but we had a well planned vacation that would have gone to complete shit otherwise.

passover seder this evening: im sitting there and Cousin Sherwin is talking about this. My mom is sitting there, and so is my dad, and my dad brings up the guys past. I quickly shut him down, as it's irrelevant and it's fun to shut my probably going crazy Dad down. Cousin Sherwin says the guy acted out of line, and on an airplane that's the last place you should act out of line, regardless of the situation. He also conceded that the police were out of line as well. My mom disagreed and took your line, and said the guy was absolutely in the right here, and that they shouldn't have taken him off the plane and they should've found a different way to get the flight crew yadda yadda yadda. She even says she'd create a scene just like he did. I just looked on in horror as i imagined my mom making a fucking scene on an airplane.

Finally, I had to speak up. My opinion is that everyone was in the wrong here. The airline is wrong for bumping the guy on a NON OVER BOOKED (i think people missed that part too the flight was not over booked.) flight. But this guy is wrong for getting upset on an airplane, regardless of how fucking fast he had to be somewhere. It was leaving chicago, he was going to Kentucky. it was 7 hours away. he could've driven if it was that fucking important.
    And the cops, of course they act wrong, bc they're on a fucking plane, and this is their fucking chance to do their job, the way they see doing it (not the way we see doing it, of course).

You see? 3 wongs don't make a right here do they?

It's absurd to think that this guy is any more of a victim than a guy who gets ruffed up by a cop because he was belligerent and tried to swing and was non compliant. And it's absurd to think that you'd act this way if you were in the same situation.

4 Human Beings were asked to leave a plane......

3 reasonable ones got off

1 unreasonable one didn't....and paid the price. a fair one i might add, as doing anything out of line could land your ass in some holding cell on terrorism charges.

edit:

Also because I realized id din't really answer any of your questions, only provided an opinion, the answer to when is it ok to take a passenger off a plane? it's usually not. but in the fine print on your ticket it says they can. So, more absurdity thinking he had a right to that seat even after he paid for it. because he technically doesn't. next time he'll read the fine print won't he.

secondly....they can offer up to $1300. that's it. AND, when they bump you, they have to get you on a flight in next hour or they pay you more and pay for a hotel stay. They would've rented this guy a car, and paid for the gas if he had asked. The problem is, he didn't ask. he just got nuts.

Trust me, even the expensive tickets have the same fine print, so purchasing a more expensive seat doesn't entitle you to be an asshole if this were to happen to you. Even first class people have to comply with the airline people (and i say people not just airline attendants. the captain can come and tell you he won't take you somewhere if he wants to.) no matter what. that's a fucking law.

hope i've helped.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-11-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

I get that.

passover seder this evening: im sitting there and Cousin Sherwin is talking about this. My mom is sitting there, and so is my dad, and my dad brings up the guys past. I quickly shut him down, as it's irrelevant and it's fun to shut my probably going crazy Dad down. Cousin Sherwin says the guy acted out of line, and on an airplane that's the last place you should act out of line, regardless of the situation. He also conceded that the police were out of line as well. My mom disagreed and took your line, and said the guy was absolutely in the right here, and that they shouldn't have taken him off the plane and they should've found a different way to get the flight crew yadda yadda yadda. She even says she'd create a scene just like he did. I just looked on in horror as i imagined my mom making a fucking scene on an airplane.

Finally, I had to speak up. My opinion is that everyone was in the wrong here. The airline is wrong for bumping the guy on a NON OVER BOOKED (i think people missed that part too the flight was not over booked.) flight. But this guy is wrong for getting upset on an airplane, regardless of how fucking fast he had to be somewhere. It was leaving chicago, he was going to Kentucky. it was 7 hours away. he could've driven if it was that fucking important.
    And the cops, of course they act wrong, bc they're on a fucking plane, and this is their fucking chance to do their job, the way they see doing it (not the way we see doing it, of course).

You see? 3 wongs don't make a right here do they?

It's absurd to think that this guy is any more of a victim than a guy who gets ruffed up by a cop because he was belligerent and tried to swing and was non compliant. And it's absurd to think that you'd act this way if you were in the same situation.

4 Human Beings were asked to leave a plane......

3 reasonable ones got off

1 unreasonable one didn't....and paid the price. a fair one i might add, as doing anything out of line could land your ass in some holding cell on terrorism charges.
    But the three who got off will never be famous like the kardashians or this doped Doctor No from Shanghai

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post

But the three who got off will never be famous like the kardashians or this doped Doctor No from Shanghai
    i think that's a problem here as well. 1 knew it would go viral if he made a scene.

i guess you could say the dor no from shanghai got shanghai'd
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post

i think that's a problem here as well. 1 knew it would go viral if he made a scene.

i guess you could say the dor no from shanghai got shanghai'd
    I can see the wheels spinning in Druff's head. He wants to be the next "victim" of abuse by a major corporation and have it go viral in hopes of a payday. He is going to teach Benjamin how to capture video on his iphone.

Gold
    Load Metric
    If it were me, I would have got up and told the pilot to go fuck himself and the male and female flight attendants to all suck a dick and then walked off the plane. And then secretly root for the plane to crash to get the last laugh.

Load Metric
    Gordman nails this cold Druff

This is all somewhat reminiscent of the Caesars chick interview on the fraud show.

The Asian guy's predilection for poker and by logical extension, gay sex, has no bearing on this story except some prurient lulz.

The Asian guy could have been me or you.

While you were on Facebook I made a comparison to Caesars. I said that if Caesars ran an airline it would be called UAL. Two companies which are poorly run. Neither empowers their employees to problem solve with an eye toward providing the very best customer service to promote their employers image.

The check in desk can give away endless "play money" United Airlines dollars. Free tickets have almost no cost. They could have upped the true dollar figure. Certainly this has come up before but there is no ISO style closed loop problem resolution and resulting renewed standard practices. Just a huge fail.

The Asain's decision to resist is a VERY SEPARATE issue. A teaching moment. It will cost him because judges and juries are human and generally stupid.

I am a competitive guy. Always have been. I live to stomp my competition in business. If the competition treats their customers badly I am thrilled and will exploit the opportunity.

Treat ME badly as a customer and not only will you lose the privilege of my patronage but I will seek to destroy your reputation by word of mouth. It's a public service and personally rewarding at the same time. Just makes a great story.

Does your decision to shift focus to the moral character of the victim somehow assuage your continuing to do business with companies like Caesars & United Airlines?

Both companies deserve to die.

How the victim transacts gaysex is neither interesting nor relevant. Unless ....

You just aren't the hard hittin' mofo you once were. Take stock.

Comments

Gordman: Thank you sir

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also how does this guy's wife feel about him trading pills for buttsecks from other dudes?

That's honestly the oddest part of this whole thing. He seems to be living a heterosexual lifestyle, but bangs dudes on the DL, to the point where he offered pills in exchange for gay sex.

2017 and Druff still can't get his head around the fact that a percentage of men like both the furry pink AND hairy brown.

You're living proof why the majority of men could never openly admit to liking both.

You don't understand it. His then future wife wouldn't understand it. His country of birth would probably throw him in jail for it.

Yet you'd expect him to be more honest about his dirty little secret? The world still isn't ready for that sort of openness. For a Chinese man to cum clean during any stage of his life would be almost impossible.

What happened to him on that plane, followed by the disgusting media blowing his world apart, is beyond cruel. Wouldn't surprise me if he offed himself because of the disgusting media intrusion.

And no, I don't like the "buttsecks". I'd cut off my own cock off before putting into another mans arse. But that's coz I ain't gay/bi w/e.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

glad to know you haunt sites in other countries

while there acting the friend of the US you just be your scorpion self

that will work fine for US

in his defense, our country is garbage.
    so spread that word worldwide: the US is garbage best left to Americans

indeed, it's garbage when an airline with a hispanic CEO has 3 black work release airport security persons forcibly remove a convicted felon asian that was diagnosed with anger managment problems and foreigners blame white racism as the root cause.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 04-12-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

in his defense, our country is garbage.
    so spread that word worldwide: the US is garbage best left to Americans

In his defence, America is garbage because of Americans. You being a decent example of that notion.

Load Metric
    We all got our problems but I think the Asian prolly suffers from mild mental illness.

Frankly if I were a lawyer I would get my client to admit to same. The handicapped victim. Plays great and who cares what people think if you reap a pile of UAL bucks.

You got some little weirded out dude and one arrogant, badly run company. The company is the far better story.

Speaking of gay sex, can't wait for Richard Branson's take.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: the gay sex virgin rep

Load Metric
    Dare I say: who really gives a shit about his past?

What does that have to do with the present situation though?? Did I miss something????

Please educate me.
    Here is what you miss: two parties in any dispute, tort, situation of harm etc must act reasonably AND in a manner to minimize damage to all involved...the passenger's past shows a pattern of escalating resistance to authority and choosing to act in a reckless manner...his behavior here fits that pattern again

frankly, that person is the kind United Airlines or any US domestic carrier would want flying on other airlines

i hope United sues his ass for injuries to the security persons and the case is tried before a Bush/Trump appointed federal judge

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: confirmed american garbage

Tegnation22: Offset that British filth
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dare I say: who really gives a shit about his past?

What does that have to do with the present situation though?? Did I miss something????

Please educate me.
    Here is what you miss: two parties in any dispute, tort, situation of harm etc must act reasonably AND in a manner to minimize damage to all involved...the passenger's past shows a pattern of escalating resistance to authority and choosing to act in a reckless manner...his behavior here fits that pattern again

frankly, that person is the kind United Airlines or any US domestic carrier would want flying on other airlines

i hope United sues his ass for injuries to the security persons and the case is tried before a Bush/Trump appointed federal judge

As far as I can see, I didn't miss anything.

you speak of "patterns" and "past history", but that didn't happen here the way I understand it.

Again, I personally cannot guarantee that I would go quietly myself if I was literally being forced off of a plane ride that I legit paid for - especially for chump change and/or if I was in a dire situation where I HAD to get to my destination.

Now, given the information of the start of the incident, the passenger didn't do anything rash except express defiance and repeatedly tell them no, he was not going to give up his ticket. Am I wrong on these events? Maybe im wrong, and please correct me if i am, but this was my understanding.

THEY then decided to act unreasonable, escalate the situation, and drag him off the plane.

That aside, you brought up his "pattern" and supposed past activity. OK, that is noted. But, How would they automatically know? (were these regular police officers or airline employees?), and even if they did, why would they proactively react rashly to his alleged past behavior?? That was in the past. Did he act like that here in this situation? I don't think he did. Again though, maybe there is more to the story im missing and he actually did something to cause them to haul him off the plane in that fashion.

Im no Police Chief, but I'm pretty sure that at least part of the job when responding to situations is:

- assess the situation as it really is (but yes, keep a mental note of past history)

- Do everything in your power to avoid escalating the situation and pouring gas on the fire...especially when you are in situations such as a crowded plane with innocent bystanders.

The best thing the airline could have done in the beginning and to prevent this whole situation IMO when the passenger expressed his displeasure of giving up his plane ride, is to immediately announce a decent compensation increase for anyone willing to give up their seat. You keep on raising the ante until you get someone to bite.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    But don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Comments

hongkonger: Married with Children rep

Thread Information