Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There are 3 situations where I never fuck around nowadays, no matter how right I think I am:

3) Anything involving interaction with customs or border patroll

If you make life difficult for them in any of the 3 situations above, you will have a huge mess on your hands.
    Border Patrol? Are you an illegal?

Why even put them in the list? They're the ones I a concerned the least about.
    have you been to a border crossing lately?

fuck around with those guys, and they'll literally take your car apart....while you watch......

and then they won't pay for it:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4104022AAX8md4

If they find something, the vehicle is forfeited to ICE as a vehicle used in the commission of a crime and sold at auction.

If they don't find anything, ICE mechanics try to put the car back together.

You cannot sue the government, unless you can prove that your civil rights were violated under color of law. Courts have ruled that consideration of age, gender, race and ethnicity is not out of bounds in a Border Search, so that would be a very difficult case to make. See US v. Martinez-fuerte link.

You can file a claim under the tort-claims act for your costs of repair if agents were unnecessarily destructive and the ICE mechanics can't repair it, but many insurance companies will reimburse you and eat the expense rather than going through all that legal work, so all you are usually out is your deductible.
    and before we get all 4th ammendment rights on this one and say "no way! they can't just search me for no reason!" think again patron.

Searches at the border do not require cause or even a reasonable suspicion. If a government agency damages property UNLAWFULLY, then the government can be liable for the damage. If the government action is lawful, then the government does not pay for the resulting damage. As searches as the border are lawful, the government does not pay.
    So all in all, when you act like a smug prick at the border, they can and probably will tell you they need to search your vehicle. and then they will. and you will wait.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-10-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Border Patrol? Are you an illegal?

Why even put them in the list? They're the ones I a concerned the least about.

fuck around with those guys, and they'll literally take your car apart....while you watch......

If they find something, the vehicle is forfeited to ICE as a vehicle used in the commission of a crime and sold at auction.

You cannot sue the government, unless you can prove that your civil rights were violated under color of law. Courts have ruled that consideration of age, gender, race and ethnicity is not out of bounds in a Border Search, so that would be a very difficult case to make. See US v. Martinez-fuerte link.

You can file a claim under the tort-claims act for your costs of repair if agents were unnecessarily destructive and the ICE mechanics can't repair it, but many insurance companies will reimburse you and eat the expense rather than going through all that legal work, so all you are usually out is your deductible.
    sure but i consider that customs..

Load Metric

sure but i consider that customs..
    no that's not customs...this is border patrol. customs can also do whatever they want. (thank you patriot act!)
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I did learn something new today, though.

I always thought that an airline could not kick anyone off during an overbooking situation, and that they just had to keep increasing the offer to leave until someone accepted it.

But that's apparently not true. They can start by offering compensation (in this case, they went up to $800), but then can boot people forcefully if no one accepts. Apparently they do it mostly based upon the fare each person paid (lowest goes first).
    They can boot you from the flight, but legally they must offer you compensation (generally four times the one way fare).
    Compensation varies by how long the passenger will be delayed. If the airline can rebook the passenger and get him to his destination within an hour of his originally scheduled arrival time, no compensation is required.

If the passenger will arrive between one and two hours later than planned — or between one and four hours for an international flight — the airline must pay the passenger twice the amount of the one-way fare to his destination, up to $675.

If the passenger will be delayed more than two hours — or four hours for international flights — the airline must pay him four times the one-way fare, up to $1,350.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Keeping your head bowed like a submissive Jab when dealing with authority isn't freedom, people.

No other Western country has to take in the ass like US citizens do from their own law enforcement. Like not even close.

And you all voted for a cunt who's in favour of holding these pigs in uniform less accountable for their actions? Brainwashed from birth I tell ye.

Land of the Free? lolol ffs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Keeping your head bowed like a submissive Jab when dealing with authority isn't freedom, people.

No other Western country has to take in the ass like US citizens do from their own law enforcement. Like not even close.

And you all voted for a cunt who's in favour of holding these pigs in uniform less accountable for their actions? Brainwashed from birth I tell ye.

JFC you fucking british snob fuck.

You do know that we have a very fucked up political system here, in which the popular vote doesn't count.

so saying "we" voted for a "cunt" is absurd, and really shows how deep your knowledge of the way the USA holds rigged elections is.

oh.....

remember 1776: the french helped us defeat you.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Exactly this.

It's fucking unreal how authoritarian America has become, and how many Americans actually are in favor of it. Not one person should think this is acceptable.

It's one giant fucking Stanford Prison Experiment.
    HILLARY WON

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    good thing we have the technology to record shit like this when it happens, and the freedom to share it on the internet... for now

fuck Trump, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck police

Comments

donkdowndonedied: preach it brother

SysOp: make an mspaint comic about it, please

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Exactly this.

It's fucking unreal how authoritarian America has become, and how many Americans actually are in favor of it. Not one person should think this is acceptable.

is this the reason why you're an ex-pat?

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    goin keep pushin it

Load Metric

Exactly this.

It's one of the reasons.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

It's one of the reasons.

wow funny you would have this sentiment but chose China of all places to live/work or whatever it is you do for all i know you're there strictly to eat asian delicacies and fondle young girls.

china is one of the most oppressed countries east of the prime meridian.

i'm surprised you can even access regular internet. you must be at the american consulate or something

Comments

Tegnation22: That a boy

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

US Airways...much friendlier.

Load Metric

According to United Airlines, they followed protocol and did nothing wrong.

I guess following protocol is to beat the living shit out of you and throw you off the plane.

Time to start shorting United Airlines stock.
    Right now United Continental Holdings Inc is $71.52 a share, market cap is $22.71 Billion which is way over-valued anyway.

United Air Lines, Inc. I see bankrupcy in your future.

Load Metric
    Larry is there any danger of you fucking off yet naw? FFS.
    BALLIN'!!

I don't care what anyone says this is no way to treat Asianspa!!!

Load Metric

It's one of the reasons.

wow funny you would have this sentiment but chose China of all places to live/work or whatever it is you do for all i know you're there strictly to eat asian delicacies and fondle young girls.

china is one of the most oppressed countries east of the prime meridian.

i'm surprised you can even access regular internet. you must be at the american consulate or something
    I don't live in China. Never would.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    A new twist to this story.

The guy that was dragged off the plane is a poker player. David Dao.

I thought he looked familiar and have played with him in the past.

He has over $200k in earnings

Hendon Mob: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=78128

TMZ Article:
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united...-poker-player/

Load Metric
    He thought they were bluffing. All makes sense now!

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united...-poker-player/

UNITED AIRLINES DR. DAVID DAO
    KILLED IT AS PRO POKER PLAYER

David Dao, the doctor who was dragged off the United flight, made a killing on the World Series of Poker while his medical license was suspended in Kentucky.
    Dao joined the poker circuit in July 2006 -- one year after his medical license was suspended due to multiple convictions for illegally prescribing painkillers.
    In 2009, he came in 2nd in a tournament and walked away with more than $117k.
    His player profile shows total earnings of $234,664 in the WSOP.

Load Metric
    Oh here we go. We're going to start dredging up this guys past so we can trash him
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Thread Information