Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Load Metric
    'Murica....motherfucking wild west out here.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    The difference between first class and couch these days is ridiculous. In couch you are basically just cattle the airline needs to bring from point A to point B without you dying.
    I have been flying a lot these days but hadn't for a while so I lost all status. So I have been buying first just to reduce the hassle. For the most part it's a couple of hundred buck extra. Well worth it not to be cattle.

Exactly. I usually always book last minute as well so the difference in fare is a couple hundred bucks (for domestic) so not even a question. This way when they give the whole speech about someone needing to give up their seat you can just put the headphones in and drink the scotch they gave you before take off and not worry about it.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Do you know what an unjust order is? Do you just cuck for police everytime you encounter em? Police should have fucked off. My ticket my seat.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    your attitude would land you right where that guy landed. in a holding cell.

it's like the other week when druff told that story about him getting out of line on that plane with the passengers waiting for the bathroom. these days, post 9/11 you gotta stfu and do what they say. only an idiot gets a charge over something so fucking stupid.

it will be interesting to find out if this guy was actually a doctor. that could really mean something tbh.

I agree with all this. You just have to suck up your pride and take it in the ass for the time being. This also applies to when cops pull you over and treat you unfairly. In both cases, you just have to accept the fact you are temporarily fucked. There is a time and place to make a case but it isnt on an airplane or on the side of the road.

Comments

ThreeBet: Exactly

Dan Druff: yes
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Land of the Free...

Comments

El Gallo:

GrenadaRoger: the spirit of Richard Daly lives on
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    The difference between first class and couch these days is ridiculous. In couch you are basically just cattle the airline needs to bring from point A to point B without you dying.

This ad is seared forever in my memory. Could never run today

Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-10-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Wow..... that guy just hit the powerball. Sucks that it happened but this is a lawsuit waiting to be filed.

If he really is a doctor and had patients to see the next day, what's the over/under on the windfall?

$10 milly?
    He doesn't deserve a penny. And why does it matter if he is a doctor? He is no more important than anyone else. I doubt he is doing life saving surgery the following morning.

The airline should have just kept increasing the bump credit until somebody took it. I am sure some Jew on the plane was eventually going to raise his hand.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Land of the Free...
    Was in London recently and all I saw were Muslims shouting about Sharia Law and that they are going to take over the population. I was absolutely astonished with what I was witnessing

I was stunned as the sheepish Brits walked by with fear and panic on there faces.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Land of the Free...
    Freedom isn't free.

Comments

nunbeater: there's a hefty fucking fee

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Land of the Free...
    Was in London recently and all I saw were Muslims shouting about Sharia Law and that they are going to take over the population. I was absolutely astonished with what I was witnessing

I was stunned as the sheepish Brits walked by with fear and panic on there faces.

Sweet little lies.

I know you're just trolling, but on a predominantly American forum, it needs pointing out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    to echo cmoney's point:

http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ted-plane.html

Flight was overbook by United Airlines but they needed to make space for 4 of their employees.

Passenger they twatted before dragging him away was a doctor who had patients he needed to see the following day.

It was their fuck up and there's zero justification for this. Why people still travel to America I have no idea.
    'Just kill me': The moment bloodied United passenger mumbled about suicide after he was body-slammed by cops and dragged off overbooked flight to make room for airline STAFF
    One Chicago Aviation Department security officer was put on leave on Monday
    Chicago Police earlier said in a statement saying the passenger 'fell' into the seat
    United CEO has apologized for the incident amid mounting anger
    New video shows the man bleeding heavily from the mouth afer incident
    The man was filmed screaming, then being knocked out by cops and dragged off the overbooked United flight at Chicago O'Hare on Sunday night
    He was selected to give up his seat after no volunteers were found
    Passengers had to give up their seats for United staff who were needed in Louisville, Kentucky
    Passengers were offered $800 to take a flight the next day
    The man claimed to be a doctor who had to see patients the next day

'At approximately 6pm a 69-year-old male Asian airline passenger became irate after he was asked to disembark from a flight that was oversold,' a statement read.

'The passenger in question began yelling to voice his displeasure at which point Aviation Police were summoned. Aviation Officers arrived on scene attempted to carry the individual off of the flight when he fell.

'His head subsequently struck an armrest causing injuries to his face. The man was taken to Lutheran General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Ongoing investigation.'

The man - who claimed to be a doctor and said he needed to see patients the next morning - was one of four passengers selected by United to leave the 5.40pm flight from O'Hare to Louisville, Kentucky.
    Surprised the police didn't taser or shoot his ass.

This is typical treatment aboard United Airlines.

"We LOVE to FLY and IT SHOWS"

Load Metric
    Offered a free 800 plus hotel and no takers amongst a full flight? And they say people today have less money in their pockets.

But if i'm sat in my seat ready to take off and need to make my destination on time, then i'm kicking up a huge fuss in the same situ.

If the stars were aligned that day, then I reckon you would also see Druff getting his arse dragged down that aisle.

Load Metric
    Offered a free 800 plus hotel and no takers amongst a full flight? And they say people today have less money in their pockets.

But if i'm sat in my seat ready to take off and need to make my destination on time, then i'm kicking up a huge fuss in the same situ.

If the stars were aligned that day, then I reckon you would also see Druff getting his arse dragged down that aisle.
    Druff would be in first class lecturing the coach passenger as he was being dragged away.

Comments

SysOp: ROFL
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    I keep hearing people say that the flight was overbooked. To be clear, the flight was NOT overbooked. They removed 4 people from the plane to accommodate 4 of their buddies on STANDBY.

And their stock is still up 1% today. Putting United on my no-fly list. They were pretty much already there anyway

Comments

gut: Nope
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Druff would be in first class lecturing the coach passenger as he was being dragged away.

Reading some of his trip reports Druff would sit amongst the caged animals in cargo before upgrading to first.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I keep hearing people say that the flight was overbooked. To be clear, the flight was NOT overbooked. They removed 4 people from the plane to accommodate 4 of their buddies on STANDBY.

And their stock is still up 1% today. Putting United on my no-fly list. They were pretty much already there anyway
    Right. This was a convenience issue for the airline. The four people where flight attendants they needed for a flight the next day out of Louisville.

United deserves some bad press here because they could have just upped the $$ and chose not too. That said the cops should be fired over this. The press release the cops issued is a fucking disgrace. Hey guys it's all on video - who the fuck are you trying to fool.

Name:  IMG_3203.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  207.5 KB

Load Metric
    It's a good thing the guy wasn't black, the CPd would have emptied their clips, reloaded and emptied them again.
    HILLARY WON

Something a little fishy about a 69 year old claiming to be a doctor yet flying coach on United? Although he is Asian and they can be cheap-ass mother-fuckers. As to why no-one took up the offer of "$800" - you don't get $800. You get $800 in travel vouchers which have to be spent on another shitty United flight usually with restrictive terms and conditions. It's never worth the hassle. Also the computer didn't 'randomly select' anyone - it's just a trick to deflect hostility from the crew.

Load Metric
    I am a pretty passive guy so if an airline told me to get off the plane I am positive I would have just shrugged and done so.

It is only society today that feels so entitled as to refuse and cause a scene.

Did he deserve getting roughed up, kind of, if someone doesn't move what are they supposed to do, show him a bowl of rice and try and trick him out?

Will he sue and win something, sure its America. Did he deserve injury, no but he has to take accountability, something we are missing in todays society.

Comments

hongkonger: He had a ticket

Thread Information