Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I think Delta wanted a really active twitter handle that is super responsive to customers and issues and for that 8 hour shift they put it in the hands of someone who wasn't thinking. Now that they are getting kicked around by Ann Colter and her thousands of followers they (probably wisely) have shut it down until they can figure out the best way to apologize.

I think this is a trend you will see more and more of. People will need to start taking dedicated college classes to not say stupid shit while in control of the corporate twitter handle. It's not like the CEO was tweeting out those messages. It was probably some Jr Officer (or an intern) in the communications department that drew the short straw having to work on a Sunday.
    Yeah I see that all the time with large corporations.

Actually had a LOL exchange with an overly-enthusiastic T-Mobile employee running their Twitter account, simply because I mentioned to Marc Klang that T-Mobile sucked and had ripped me off.

They tried to convince me that "it's not 2007 anymore" (the year my problem occurred) and that things have changed, but then sheepishly admitted that what happened back then could just as easily happen today. But the person was so perky and enthusiastic, and it was in the early evening of July 4, so I gave them props for doing their job so happily on the 4th of July, and ended the conversation.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post

Please explain this part.
    You can correct me if I'm wrong.

It looks like with Canadian airlines, you have either Air Canada or a few budget airlines like Westjet.

The budget airlines all suck (in both the US and Canada), for reasons I don't need to get into.

Air Canada also sucks. Their policies are super-rigid and often nonsensical. They are understaffed. Even the food-for-purchase in coach, which is actually edible on US airlines, is horrible on Air Canada.

Then there's the "Rouge" situation, which borders upon being a scam.

Need I go on?

A lot of fair points here.

Spent the last 20 yrs doing 100k+ air miles/yr so I've seen almost everything.

Still would take AC over any US run airlines. And don't get me started on the airports.

Love the US but holy shit they've fucked up efficient air travel.

Load Metric
    Wtf are you talking about Larry gets a booster seat and travel to vegas for like 310 dollars

Load Metric
    Round trip and they let him apply for a spirit airlines credit card

Load Metric
    Like do you understand you can get 40k airline miles and they have flights to cabo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A year later, here's what has changed so far:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/how-th...fter-bumpgate/

Load Metric

Yet, somehow American Airlines finds a new way to fail...

A one-year-old child flying on American Airlines was struck in the head after part of the plane's ceiling collapsed
    http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...ds-head-2018-4

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

A one-year-old child flying on American Airlines was struck in the head after part of the plane's ceiling collapsed

Humongous nothing burger. A non essential part broke on a plane and no one was hurt. The mother is being ridiculous. She declined medical attention and her child is fine. What the fuck does she even want at this point?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Humongous nothing burger. A non essential part broke on a plane and no one was hurt. The mother is being ridiculous. She declined medical attention and her child is fine. What the fuck does she even want at this point?
    Druff, would you please explain why this airline should give this woman a refund on her ticket given how bad the service was? Plus, she and her baby are probably traumatized for life about air travel, which should garner her a huge “pain and suffering” award from the civil trial. And that doesn’t even include an award for punitive damages to send commercial passenger airlines the message to properly maintain their equipment!

I’m guessing that a mid six-figure settlement payment and a public apology would probably be fair. Because we *are* talking about an innocent baby facing a whole life ahead with a potentially crippling fear of air travel.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information