Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Druff that wasn't bottomset right?

Who was it?
    No comment. Let's just say that it's not a new user.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    100% that all of the trolls sniffing my butthairs over this would have done the same thing in my shoes if they showed up and the seat they paid extra for didn't recline, and there were available, same-priced seats right across which did.
    not me. even if i paid extra.

why? because i'm a reasonable human being who understands my time isn't worth more than anyone else's, INCLUDING yours. especially when traveling. Planes get held up for lots of reasons all the time as it is, and you just create more when you pull shit like this. The dupe has it right up there. And so did I when I basically had the same sentiment on the radio a few weeks ago: you are absurd in your thinking.

So what would I do in a situation like that? I'd look at the bright side: i'm going home. or if i'm going somewhere, then that's the bright side. You know what else i'd do? i'd sit in that seat, and maybe fire of an email and try and get a resolution that way. WHAT i wouldn't do, is I wouldn't create a sitation that could possibly waste everyone's time, including my own.

What if she didn't backdown and made you sit in that seat? then your argument would've been wasted time. So you got lucky here, that this story had a happy ending in that you moved seats. I'm sure there's 1,000's of others that didn't end this way (Including this latest united thing).

so in the end, you truly did waste time, and it was -EV behavior, for everyone- and i mean humanity as a whole.

Comments

SysOp: LARRYLAFFER IS GOD
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-17-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by View From Within View Post

WOW, the level of entitlement in this post is staggering. So lets get this straight, you fucked up and did not check the fine print on the seats before you purchased, and your course of action is to approach a flight attendant right before takeoff, arguably the most sensitive time for safety of the entire plane, passengers + crew.

It really amazes me as a semi-frequent flyer the entitlement certain passengers now expect when boarding an aircraft. In this case, Dan Druff expects something for nothing, do you realize how many people pull shit like this all the time? At least Druff asked, most simply just move on their own accord and have to get beat down by the flight attendants to get back in their seat.

Being a flight attendant has to be the worst job on the planet. You have to deal with passengers trying to scam the system and get something for free on the plane all the time. I was on a Southwest flight the other day and a passenger had an expired drink coupon and tried to scam a free drink with it. The Flight Attendant dug in and said NO, so douche bag began to argue that he just found the ticket in his wallet. I was next to him and said "put the drink on my bill" and made him look like a piece of shit, and he quickly pulled out his credit card when everyone began to stare in the opposite row. And guess what, I was politely thanked by the attendant when I left, it was actually gratifying stepping in and making a douche bag look like a clown in front of everyone.

You do realize Druff your Flight Attendant had 0.0 obligation to hear anything you were saying. YOU bought the ticket with no recliner, and she obviously did not want to make a scene pre-flight allowing you to get a seat you did not pay for. BECAUSE GUESS WHAT???? The guy next to you is going to ask for the same fucking thing, and then you have a stampede effect with requests and they are trying to take off on schedule. Now the FA has to deal with 10 Dan Druffs trying to get to first class.

Fuck, you should have just sat there and read the back of the puke bag and just dealt with it for a couple hours. I am quite honestly shocked she cut you a break. To your point she probably had a miserable day and this was her last leg until being off for a few days. I guarantee you this, if it had been her first leg of a trip she would have kept you there in that seat and let you stew until you got to the terminal and wrote the Delta CEO a letter. Ironically, and sadly, you would have thought in your heart you were getting screwed by not getting something for free.

I see it all the fucking time on flights where there is some asshole talking on his phone after being warned to shut it off for the third time. They hold up the flight because their phone call is more important that everyone else's time. You are just astonished that a flight attendant did not give you something for free, and so obtuse on why she said no in the first place.

also hi Larry
    I wish. but me and this person do have the same sentiment. we both think this was absurd and very entitled. he told this story on the radio a few weeks back as well when we were talking about airlines.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    100% that all of the trolls sniffing my butthairs over this would have done the same thing in my shoes if they showed up and the seat they paid extra for didn't recline, and there were available, same-priced seats right across which did.

why? because i'm a reasonable human being who understands my time isn't worth more than anyone else's, INCLUDING yours. especially when traveling. Planes get held up for lots of reasons all the time as it is, and you just create more when you pull shit like this. The dupe has it right up there. And so did I when I basically had the same sentiment on the radio a few weeks ago: you are absurd in your thinking.

So what would I do in a situation like that? I'd look at the bright side: i'm going home. or if i'm going somewhere, then that's the bright side. You know what else i'd do? i'd sit in that seat, and maybe fire of an email and try and get a resolution that way. WHAT i wouldn't do, is I wouldn't create a sitation that could possibly waste everyone's time, including my own.

What if she didn't backdown and made you sit in that seat? then your argument would've been wasted time. So you got lucky here, that this story had a happy ending in that you moved seats. I'm sure there's 1,000's of others that didn't end this way (Including this latest united thing).

so in the end, you truly did waste time, and it was -EV behavior, for everyone- and i mean humanity as a hole.
    Where are you getting the idea that I was holding up the flight?

This discussion was one of many things going on between closing the doors and taking off, and it took about a minute before I gave up.

So you would have accepted a bad seat after paying for a good one, even with a good one right next to you sitting empty?

Wow.

No wonder airlines feel like they can abuse people and get away with it.

Pressing to get what you paid for is not "being entitled".

Load Metric

so in the end, you truly did waste time, and it was -EV behavior, for everyone- and i mean humanity as a hole.

This discussion was one of many things going on between closing the doors and taking off, and it took about a minute before I gave up.

So you would have accepted a bad seat after paying for a good one, even with a good one right next to you sitting empty?

Wow.

it didn't hold it up in this instance no. but hey, does a pocket pair always flop a set druff? This behavior could've EASILY lead to it being held up, thus at the end of my rant i said it was NEGATIVE EXPECTED VALUE (for humanity i might add)

things that are -ev that we do in poker:

set mine for prices that aren't good enough for whatever reason

inside straight draws with one card to come on a 2 flush board

try and hit bad beat jack pots.

ALL of the above can have a positive outcome, and sometimes do. but in the long run, you're losing.

in the long run behavior like yours is losing for all of us.

Who said i'd be dumb enough to not look into what seat i was actually getting....

check list?

was leg room paid for [x]
    was leg room received [x]

did you intend to pay for a reclining head rest? you sure did. did you pay for one? you sure didn't. you paid for THAT seat, in THAT row. I think that's what the dupe is trying to say.

Druff, ever hear the phrase "just doing my job?"

I hear that all the time as a bike messenger. we're basically treated worse than building security, which means building security gets to treat us like shit. I can't even walk in the front door of places bc the security dictates that we go around to the back/loading docks. 9/10 of them would love to let me use the front door, and go deliver a package, and be out of their hair in under 5 minutes. and so would I. But guess what, they are just doing their job. "NO hard feelings sir, just doing our job." So I don't get pissy when they tell me something new that the building needs me to do that's so fucking asinine it equates to more time wasted. That FA? she was just doing her fucking job. her job is to tell you no. plain and simple.

50% of my day (when i'm messengering) is wasted due to protocol that neither me, nor the building security really wants to go through (bag check ins, ID checks, loading docks, actually watching bags while we deliver) but guess what, that's the way it works, and it's out of that "rent-a-cop"'s hands.

So fuck you very much, and good night.

p.s.

you truly act like the idiots i deliver to downtown who don't even look to see if a place is open before calling and having a rider go there. then they get upset that we charge for it.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-17-2017 at 09:55 PM.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    oh.

and you know why that FA thanked the Dupe for making the guy look like an asshole in that story?

Because 9.9/10 people the FA encounters on a shift are assholes. she somehow found the .1 guy, and acted accordingly.

be the .1 guy Dan Druff.

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Wow.

it didn't hold it up in this instance no. but hey, does a pocket pair always flop a set druff? This behavior could've EASILY lead to it being held up, thus at the end of my rant i said it was NEGATIVE EXPECTED VALUE (for humanity i might add)

ALL of the above can have a positive outcome, and sometimes do. but in the long run, you're losing.

Who said i'd be dumb enough to not look into what seat i was actually getting....

check list?

did you intend to pay for a reclining head rest? you sure did. did you pay for one? you sure didn't. you paid for THAT seat, in THAT row. I think that's what the dupe is trying to say.

I hear that all the time as a bike messenger. we're basically treated worse than building security, which means building security gets to treat us like shit. I can't even walk in the front door of places bc the security dictates that we go around to the back/loading docks. 9/10 of them would love to let me use the front door, and go deliver a package, and be out of their hair in under 5 minutes. and so would I. But guess what, they are just doing their job. "NO hard feelings sir, just doing our job." So I don't get pissy when they tell me something new that the building needs me to do that's so fucking asinine it equates to more time wasted. That FA? she was just doing her fucking job. her job is to tell you no. plain and simple.

50% of my day (when i'm messengering) is wasted due to protocol that neither me, nor the building security really wants to go through (bag check ins, ID checks, loading docks, actually watching bags while we deliver) but guess what, that's the way it works, and it's out of that "rent-a-cop"'s hands.

p.s.

you truly act like the idiots i deliver to downtown who don't even look to see if a place is open before calling and having a rider go there. then they get upset that we charge for it.

Don't project your bike messenger angst onto me. Thanks.

Honestly, I am surprised that you, of all people, are taking this attitude.

The airlines are doing something really dirty by charging extra money for so-called "better" seats without disclosing that a few of them have flaws which make them worse than most regular seats.

When you pay for extra legroom, you're doing so for extra comfort. When you pay the extra money, it is assumed that you're getting essentially the same seat as a regular coach seat, but with more legroom.

It's a huge deal that some of them don't recline. That should be DISCLOSED to the passenger before purchase, so he can make an informed decision whether he's willing to trade legroom for a lack of recline (AND pay extra for it!)

They don't disclose this because it's not required by law, and they are greedy. They know that, if they disclose the non-recline situation, these seats often won't be purchased. So they don't.

Why are you defending this practice?

Since that unfortunate flight, I have become a more informed consumer by seeking out websites which list all the "bad" seats on airplanes, but I shouldn't have to do this, and many travelers still don't know that sites like that exist. The airlines should be required to tell the customer exactly what he's buying.

I've said before on the radio, "If you don't get what you think you're paying for, and if it's not a matter of you misunderstanding something, then you're probably being screwed or scammed."

That's the rule of thumb I live by. You should not be acting as apologist for the airline, nor should you be telling me or others to just grin and bear it, and eat the extra money we paid after being misled.

I will never apologize for insisting that I get what I paid for.

Airlines have gotten so terrible regarding customer service because they were given too much leeway post-9/11 as an "essential industry", so therefore the rules were all stacked heavily in their favor, and against the consumer.

This recent United mess resonated with so many people because pretty much every traveler can relate to poor treatment by the airlines over the past 16 years. Everyone saw that doctor being dragged off and thought, "Enough is enough."

Comments

dick: tilt o whirl

MumblesBadly: I agree with Druff's point about the airlines' deceptive seat pricing for those non-reclining seats. It's like getting an "obs view" seat when you paid for a full view one.

Load Metric
    i'd just move. either before takeoff after the doors have been closed or once the seatbelt lights have been turned off

it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission theorem

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i'd just move. either before takeoff after the doors have been closed or once the seatbelt lights have been turned off

it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission theorem
    Usually I would do this, and for sure I would have done it pre-9/11.

However, I am very cautious since 9/11 regarding breaking rules or causing disruptions on airlines. That's why I backed down so quickly on this one when she refused my request at first.

Load Metric

check list?

p.s.

Don't project your bike messenger angst onto me. Thanks.

Honestly, I am surprised that you, of all people, are taking this attitude.

The airlines are doing something really dirty by charging extra money for so-called "better" seats without disclosing that a few of them have flaws which make them worse than most regular seats.

When you pay for extra legroom, you're doing so for extra comfort. When you pay the extra money, it is assumed that you're getting essentially the same seat as a regular coach seat, but with more legroom.

It's a huge deal that some of them don't recline. That should be DISCLOSED to the passenger before purchase, so he can make an informed decision whether he's willing to trade legroom for a lack of recline (AND pay extra for it!)

They don't disclose this because it's not required by law, and they are greedy. They know that, if they disclose the non-recline situation, these seats often won't be purchased. So they don't.

Why are you defending this practice?

Since that unfortunate flight, I have become a more informed consumer by seeking out websites which list all the "bad" seats on airplanes, but I shouldn't have to do this, and many travelers still don't know that sites like that exist. The airlines should be required to tell the customer exactly what he's buying.

I've said before on the radio, "If you don't get what you think you're paying for, and if it's not a matter of you misunderstanding something, then you're probably being screwed or scammed."

That's the rule of thumb I live by. You should not be acting as apologist for the airline, nor should you be telling me or others to just grin and bear it, and eat the extra money we paid after being misled.

I will never apologize for insisting that I get what I paid for.

Airlines have gotten so terrible regarding customer service because they were given too much leeway post-9/11 as an "essential industry", so therefore the rules were all stacked heavily in their favor, and against the consumer.

This recent United mess resonated with so many people because pretty much every traveler can relate to poor treatment by the airlines over the past 16 years. Everyone saw that doctor being dragged off and thought, "Enough is enough."
    first of all, please don't ever talk about my one day a week job, that even in your prime 20 years ago you couldn't have done even for a half a day. It takes work to be able to be lazy and ride a bike downtown.

secondly, i'm not defending united's practices. I was defending the actions of the FA, who was (and i'll bold it) just doing her job

i guess you missed that part when you mistook it for angst or something, i don't know.

and at the same time, i'm criticizing your actions, which were out of line.

Why are you surprised that I'm not on board with your shenanigans which equate to being a petty traveler.

Sorry bud, but I hate those airlines too, so much so that I barely fly. I choose to drive. So, yeah, in the rare instance i'd ever be in this situation, i'm not blaming the airline.

look at what you're doing. you're essentially blaming the airline for not telling you about 3rd party sites and/or not providing that 3rd party information themselves. absurd thinking again.

it's 2017, not much has changed. those sites existed back then, they exist now. anyone who isn't in the know, isn't in the know. that's their fault, not the rest of civilizations.

level with us here Druff....
    why do you feel so fucking entitled to shit all the time. Even your trip report to AC, same sense of entitlement.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-18-2017 at 08:51 AM.

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    look at what you're doing. you're essentially blaming the airline for not telling you about 3rd party sites and/or not providing that 3rd party information themselves. absurd thinking again.

it's 2017, not much has changed. those sites existed back then, they exist now. anyone who isn't in the know, isn't in the know. that's their fault, not the rest of civilizations.

why do you feel so fucking entitled to shit all the time. Even your trip report to AC, same sense of entitlement.
    WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

This isn't "third party information". It is very important, relevant information regarding the product (upgraded seats) I am purchasing directly from the airline!

The third party sites are doing the consumer a FAVOR by providing the information that the airline SHOULD be giving. In fact, I'll go as far to say that I believe this information should be required by law to be disclosed (even though that's not the case, that's how it SHOULD be!)

This is not ENTITLEMENT.

This is me NOT GETTING WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS PAYING FOR, and it was the airline's fault for NOT DISCLOSING THAT when I purchased it.

Is it the stewardess' fault? No. But she had an easy, painless way to solve it, and initially chose not to. THAT WAS MY PROBLEM.

What part are you not understanding?

Comments

dick: tilted

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

This isn't "third party information". It is very important, relevant information regarding the product (upgraded seats) I am purchasing directly from the airline!

The third party sites are doing the consumer a FAVOR by providing the information that the airline SHOULD be giving. In fact, I'll go as far to say that I believe this information should be required by law to be disclosed (even though that's not the case, that's how it SHOULD be!)

This is not ENTITLEMENT.

This is me NOT GETTING WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS PAYING FOR, and it was the airline's fault for NOT DISCLOSING THAT when I purchased it.

Is it the stewardess' fault? No. But she had an easy, painless way to solve it, and initially chose not to. THAT WAS MY PROBLEM.

Very important my ass, what fucking shape is your body in when its like a matter of life and death to be able to recline.
    Good luck with changing the law to where airlines now need to list in writing what the seats will or will not do.
    Youre a jew fuck and still feel entitled, fuck if you lived in our part of the world you would be fucking sidelined with gipsys, if that.
    Know your role, kike

Comments

SysOp: headshot

JohnCommode: Can't you lighten up with the Jew bashing? It's not like he stuck his WSOP bracelet in her face and shouted: "Don't you know who I am"

MumblesBadly: Don't leave home without your Neo-Nazi card.

dick: this is correct

FPS_Russia: Wayyy out of line. You guys moved all in when Druff has a legit gripe, silly rabbits. A non reclining seat would be pretty annoying.

Tellafriend: haven't heard the word "kike" in quite a while

OSA: YOU SEE LIBTARDS, THIS IS A REAL NAZI
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by View From Within View Post
    You do realize Druff your Flight Attendant had 0.0 obligation to hear anything you were saying.
    Wrong Asshole, the Flight Attendant/Stewardess job is to listen to your needs.

They have the power to upgrade your seat.

Usually, this is after they upgrade any airline personnel and their friends and family.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Druff that wasn't bottomset right?

Who was it?
    No comment. Let's just say that it's not a new user.
    FEEL THE SIZZLE
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Load Metric

This is not ENTITLEMENT.

i understand a lot of things here

you feel entitled to tilt away in this thread don'tcha.

my point all along has been that you in fact did get what you paid for: a specific seat, in a specific row, on a specific airplane, going to a specific destination, from a specific airport, on a specific date.

but lets get back to the issue here: who's problem is it that you booked a seat you thought had a reclining head rest? yours.
    and who's not at fault here? the FA.

who's on tilt? you are.

you didn't go through a travel agency? no you didn't. so you 100% are the one who booked it. So you're the one who ultimately needed to make sure it was up to your level, if it made such a big deal to have a reclining headrest and extra leg room.

was it your first time booking a flight? I doubt that too.

Comments

SysOp: GET EM LARRY

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Is this what middle aged men argue about now, seat switching on planes in economy, if so I died a lil more tonight.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Is this what middle aged men argue about now, seat switching on planes in economy, if so I died a lil more tonight.
    This plus proximity to the bathroom. Sorry to ruin it for you man.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Now American Airlines is on the hot seat.

An Argentinian woman who didn't speak good English tried to board a flight from San Francisco with a stroller, which isn't allowed. She wasn't understanding the instructions to give it up, and an aggressive male flight attendant snatched it from her hands, accidentally hitting her with it and barely missing the baby she was carrying.

That part wasn't caught on video, but the immediate aftermath was, including an unrelated big male passenger who was outraged about this yelling at the flight attendant, saying that he will "knock you flat if you try this on me", and then the flight attendant stood his ground and acted as if he was willing to fight. No blows were exchanged, though.

The woman was removed from the plane, but oddly the flight attendant was allowed to fly to Dallas.

Shortly thereafter, fearing a United-type backlash, American booked her on a first class flight back to Argentina, even though she had only paid for coach. They also published a statement apologizing, and stated they are investigating. The flight attendant has been suspended in the meantime.

Not nearly as bad as the United situation (which was due to a company-wide policy which made the airline feel empowered to forcefully drag passengers off in order to make room for their own crew), but still not what AA wants right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is info about the badass lawyer representing David Dao in the United situation.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/thomas...d-doctor-suit/

Thread Information