Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Load Metric
    What a crazy fucking story. Why not offer more then $800 as I've been on flights that got to $1900 credit.

The guy got grabbed and dragged by those spook officers. If the cops were white it would have been racism.

Comments

LarryLaffer: so fucking far off.

PLOL: offset
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The idea that airlines should compensate bumped passengers, where did that come from? Ralph Nader, easily one of if not the most under appreciated men in modern times. In April 1972 they bumped Nader....

Comments

hongkonger: Nader rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    The idea that airlines should compensate bumped passengers, where did that come from? Ralph Nader, easily one of if not the most under appreciated men in modern times. In April 1972 they bumped Nader....
    Nader is god. I voted for him for president twice.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    So those where his 2 votes, makes sense now.

Load Metric
    I feel like this story has been beaten into the ground, but this is a great podcast that helps break down some of the finer points: Josh Zepps "We The People Live."

The audio is terrible at times and the one British guest is somewhat annoying, but they know their shit: https://soundcloud.com/wtp_live/ep-82-united-airlines

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Nader might be the GOAT but he sure ended the era of the most beautiful cars ever built
    "unsafe at any speed"

pre Nader

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 255
Size:  5.7 KB

Name:  Unknown-1.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  4.7 KB

post Nader by two years... yikes!

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 264
Size:  8.0 KB

Name:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  8.1 KB

the guy is a loon but in no way does it condone the actions of these untrained goons.

I hope the guy gets 5 mil and donks it off degenerate style
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-15-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Nader might be the GOAT but he sure ended the era of the most beautiful cars ever built
    "unsafe at any speed"

pre Nader

the guy is a loon but in no way does it condone the actions of these untrained goons.

I thought Nader was the guy who fucked up the Corvair.

aren't those ferraris?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

"unsafe at any speed"

pre Nader

aren't those ferraris?

Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile by Ralph Nader, published in 1965, is a book accusing car manufacturers of resistance to the introduction of safety features such as seat belts, and their general reluctance to spend money on improving safety. It was a pioneering work containing substantial references and material from industry insiders. It was a best seller in non-fiction in 1966.
    in short this book started a trend in car manufacturing that focused on safety over design and so....the designs suffered when regulations were enacted as manufacture and legislators struggled with rules and implementation of the rules.
    so we got this shit...
    Name:  images-2.jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  9.0 KB

instead of works of art, you know i guess art requires sacrifice.

Name:  Unknown-4.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  7.8 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    or this you may under stand

1969 pre Nader mustang...

Name:  images-3.jpeg
Size:  7.7 KB

1977 post Nader mustang...

Name:  Unknown-5.jpeg
Size:  10.8 KB

or even 1974 mustang god awful.

Name:  Unknown-6.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  7.5 KB
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Jesus United just cant help but shit the bed can they..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3062286

Airline claims they were booted for being disruptive (sounds like the same bullshit they tried with the Poker Doc). They claimed they were only asked to move once and did so after the other clown had been asleep taking up three seats and no the plane wasn't full by a long shot.

At this point United just needs to crash and burn (no pun intended) going out in a Chp 7 bankruptcy failure..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

aren't those ferraris?

Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile by Ralph Nader, published in 1965, is a book accusing car manufacturers of resistance to the introduction of safety features such as seat belts, and their general reluctance to spend money on improving safety. It was a pioneering work containing substantial references and material from industry insiders. It was a best seller in non-fiction in 1966.
    in short this book started a trend in car manufacturing that focused on safety over design and so....the designs suffered when regulations were enacted as manufacture and legislators struggled with rules and implementation of the rules.
    so we got this shit...
    Name:  images-2.jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  9.0 KB

instead of works of art, you know i guess art requires sacrifice.

Name:  Unknown-4.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  7.8 KB
    no that's horse shit. both those ferraris are works of art. LOL at Ferrari being about saftey. does that GT4 look fucking safe? it's got a fucking giant engine in it and it can go 150+ mph.

i really think you're off your rocker here.

But i will agree with you on the mustang thing. the pre-nader mustangs are amazing.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post

Airline claims they were booted for being disruptive (sounds like the same bullshit they tried with the Poker Doc). They claimed they were only asked to move once and did so after the other clown had been asleep taking up three seats and no the plane wasn't full by a long shot.

At this point United just needs to crash and burn (no pun intended) going out in a Chp 7 bankruptcy failure..
    Have a feeling there's more to the story than this. They essentially tried to move from Economy to an E+ seat, which is technically a form of stealing. Sort of like moving to the first few rows in a baseball stadium when you're ticketed for the nosebleeds, and then claiming you only did it because some guy had his legs up in the seat you're supposed to be sitting in. And I'm not sure I buy the "some guy was spread 3 across sleeping in our original seats". You have to be seated upright during take off, so I doubt FA's would allow some bloke to be strewn across a row of seats. And who just boards a plane and snap takes up 3 seats and falls asleep before even seeing if somebody is gong to take those seats?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

Have a feeling there's more to the story than this. They essentially tried to move from Economy to an E+ seat, which is technically a form of stealing. Sort of like moving to the first few rows in a baseball stadium when you're ticketed for the nosebleeds, and then claiming you only did it because some guy had his legs up in the seat you're supposed to be sitting in. And I'm not sure I buy the "some guy was spread 3 across sleeping in our original seats". You have to be seated upright during take off, so I doubt FA's would allow some bloke to be strewn across a row of seats. And who just boards a plane and snap takes up 3 seats and falls asleep before even seeing if somebody is gong to take those seats?
    I have to agree.

Their story doesn't make sense.

You will never be kicked off an airline for seat-hopping once and then moving back when told, especially if you left your original seat for a seemingly good reason.

This couple claims that they moved back to their original seats without incident, and then were kicked off the plane anyway.

Bullshit.

I think they probably found the guy lying down across their seats before takeoff, and thought, "Fuck it, let's just move a few rows up to these open seats instead of dealing with waking him up. Besides, this way we don't have to sit with anyone."

Then they got to row 21 and noticed that it had better legroom (economy plus), and said, "Wow, this is much better!"

Then the stewardess tried to make them move back, and they probably gave her a bunch of bullshit about how they can't go back because the guy is sleeping, and how they're worried he's going to fall asleep again and land on top of them, blah blah blah. So they probably argued (perhaps empowered by United reeling from the "Doctor" scandal), and finally some other employee on the plane just told them to GTFO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have to agree.

Their story doesn't make sense.

You will never be kicked off an airline for seat-hopping once and then moving back when told, especially if you left your original seat for a seemingly good reason.

This couple claims that they moved back to their original seats without incident, and then were kicked off the plane anyway.

Bullshit.

I think they probably found the guy lying down across their seats before takeoff, and thought, "Fuck it, let's just move a few rows up to these open seats instead of dealing with waking him up. Besides, this way we don't have to sit with anyone."

Then they got to row 21 and noticed that it had better legroom (economy plus), and said, "Wow, this is much better!"

Then the stewardess tried to make them move back, and they probably gave her a bunch of bullshit about how they can't go back because the guy is sleeping, and how they're worried he's going to fall asleep again and land on top of them, blah blah blah. So they probably argued (perhaps empowered by United reeling from the "Doctor" scandal), and finally some other employee on the plane just told them to GTFO.
    this sounds like reasons you'd give to the stewardess for moving up to economy plus for free.

Load Metric

If there is more to the story than this it's probably the airline that's not being 100% straight. Story I read says they went back to the seats they were supposed to be sitting in and there were ticketed passengers already in them. At that point united realized they had a problem and kicked them off on the second leg of the flight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    If there is more to the story than this it's probably the airline that's not being 100% straight. Story I read says they went back to the seats they were supposed to be sitting in and there were ticketed passengers already in them. At that point united realized they had a problem and kicked them off on the second leg of the flight.
    I believe the airline. The emergency exit row seats typically have more legroom, so they would likely be economy-plus. And, as PLOL broughy up, the napping guy across three seats just before takeoff sounds bogus.

Here is a pic and article of the groom. He's is a chef in Park City, Utah, but describes himself as an "entertainer".

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 168
Size:  37.8 KB

https://www.parkcityculinaryinstitut.../micheal-hohl/

So, yeah. His story is likely bogus.

P.S. I normally don't engage in character attacks to challenge the veracity of someone's story, but this guy's face in all of his pics screams "petty scammer".

Views: 169
Size:  72.2 KB

Views: 169
Size:  57.9 KB

P.P.S. In all seriousness, I'm only joking about judging that scammer based on his if-you-only-knew-how-much-I-cheat-the-man facial expressions. That would be prejudiced.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I wonder if Chef Mikey knows Chef Juan

Comments

Belly Buster: They look similar

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    That makes even less sense.

Why would United double-ticket passengers into those seats? The person assigning seats at the gate has no idea whether butts are in seats on the plane. They only see which people actually boarded, which should have shown their original 24B/24C seats unavailable for assignment.

The only way this could have happened would be if the gate agent called the flight staff and asked, "Are there any more seats open?", and got the answer of "Yeah, there's 24B and 24C", but that usually doesn't happen, since the gate agent KNOWS which seats are still open.

I actually do believe some guy was lying across the seats, as you can sometimes board more than 30 minutes prior to takeoff, and perhaps he wanted to catch a nap and was just being inconsiderate that others may need to sit there. But they probably used that as a weak excuse to "justify" moving up to row 21, which they saw had better leg room.

I still think those two probably argued why they shouldn't have to move back, thus resulting in getting booted.

I agree with Mumbles that the couple has a kinda shady look to them. That doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot, but it also influenced my perception of their story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    this sounds like reasons you'd give to the stewardess for moving up to economy plus for free.
    Oh, I don't fault them for pulling shenanigans to try to move into better, empty seats. I do fault them for doing whatever they did to cause their own removal.

However, I wouldn't have done the same in their spot. If I saw some guy lying across my assigned seats, I would have gone to a flight attendant and asked what to do. Perhaps I would have SUGGESTED, "Hey, I see row 21 is available, can I just sit there and move if someone shows up?", I wouldn't have just moved on my own and informed no one. Not these days. In the pre-9/11 world of airlines, seat hopping was more common, and nobody gave a shit provided it wasn't first class and provided no one needed those seats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    My last flight had an empty row a few seats in front of me, I asked the flight attendant if I could switch and she said yes but after we take off. I was thinking fuck I probably should have just went and did it without asking because someone else is going to do it now. Somehow nobody did and after we got to cruising altitude I immediately changed seats and had a whole row to myself. The flight before this prior to boarding they announced possible upgrades I figured why not see what they are offering and sure as shit exit row at no costs. Anyone tall who is flying coach knows exit row is where you would want to be.

Thread Information