Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Well maybe you should read my full post (which wasn't even all that long) before making a snarky response?

I doubt you can make a case that a company who promises a transaction for free and then charges $100 for it is acting ethically -- especially when they admit that's exactly what happened.
Druff, i did read the whole story the first time through, and i knew the employee lied to you to get rid of you...he knew, as i do, that if he told you about the $100 you would keep on fighting...

newsflash Druff, people lie to get out of unpleasant situations, factor that into your dealings

thus you say "bad customer service" and Southwest also says bad customer service as in: "bad customer, service not provided"
You apparently didn't read it very carefully. Go back and read what I wrote.

The employee didn't lie. The entire department at Southwest was misinformed. They were told that the extension was free, when in reality it was $100. So when it came to deciding what to do at that point, extending it for 6 months for FREE was a no-brainer. Had I known they were going to take $100 off my credit for the extension, I would have just given it to a relative who could have used it before it expired.

They even admitted that "the misinformation probably caused you to make a wrong decision", but still wouldn't waive the $100!

Had they admitted in court to everything they admitted to me, I would have won 100% of the time. Companies have to stand behind their commitments.

Any REPUTABLE company would have waived the $100 here. Southwest is not reputable. The only correct thing you wrote is that they're a low-budget, mass-market airline and don't give a shit about retaining the individual customer.

But it was still outright theft no matter which way you look at it.

How was I a "bad customer" here? Name one thing I did wrong as a customer in that situation.