Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There are 3 situations where I never fuck around nowadays, no matter how right I think I am:

3) Anything involving interaction with customs or border patroll

If you make life difficult for them in any of the 3 situations above, you will have a huge mess on your hands.
    Border Patrol? Are you an illegal?

Why even put them in the list? They're the ones I a concerned the least about.
    have you been to a border crossing lately?

fuck around with those guys, and they'll literally take your car apart....while you watch......

and then they won't pay for it:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4104022AAX8md4

If they find something, the vehicle is forfeited to ICE as a vehicle used in the commission of a crime and sold at auction.

If they don't find anything, ICE mechanics try to put the car back together.

You cannot sue the government, unless you can prove that your civil rights were violated under color of law. Courts have ruled that consideration of age, gender, race and ethnicity is not out of bounds in a Border Search, so that would be a very difficult case to make. See US v. Martinez-fuerte link.

You can file a claim under the tort-claims act for your costs of repair if agents were unnecessarily destructive and the ICE mechanics can't repair it, but many insurance companies will reimburse you and eat the expense rather than going through all that legal work, so all you are usually out is your deductible.
    and before we get all 4th ammendment rights on this one and say "no way! they can't just search me for no reason!" think again patron.

Searches at the border do not require cause or even a reasonable suspicion. If a government agency damages property UNLAWFULLY, then the government can be liable for the damage. If the government action is lawful, then the government does not pay for the resulting damage. As searches as the border are lawful, the government does not pay.
    So all in all, when you act like a smug prick at the border, they can and probably will tell you they need to search your vehicle. and then they will. and you will wait.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-10-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information