Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Well maybe you should read my full post (which wasn't even all that long) before making a snarky response?

I doubt you can make a case that a company who promises a transaction for free and then charges $100 for it is acting ethically -- especially when they admit that's exactly what happened.
    Druff, i did read the whole story the first time through, and i knew the employee lied to you to get rid of you...he knew, as i do, that if he told you about the $100 you would keep on fighting...

newsflash Druff, people lie to get out of unpleasant situations, factor that into your dealings

thus you say "bad customer service" and Southwest also says bad customer service as in: "bad customer, service not provided"
    You apparently didn't read it very carefully. Go back and read what I wrote.

The employee didn't lie. The entire department at Southwest was misinformed. They were told that the extension was free, when in reality it was $100. So when it came to deciding what to do at that point, extending it for 6 months for FREE was a no-brainer. Had I known they were going to take $100 off my credit for the extension, I would have just given it to a relative who could have used it before it expired.

They even admitted that "the misinformation probably caused you to make a wrong decision", but still wouldn't waive the $100!

Had they admitted in court to everything they admitted to me, I would have won 100% of the time. Companies have to stand behind their commitments.

Any REPUTABLE company would have waived the $100 here. Southwest is not reputable. The only correct thing you wrote is that they're a low-budget, mass-market airline and don't give a shit about retaining the individual customer.

But it was still outright theft no matter which way you look at it.

How was I a "bad customer" here? Name one thing I did wrong as a customer in that situation.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    so how much did this degen gambler get?? I knew he would settle quick for a quick bankroll boast

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    so how much did this degen gambler get?? I knew he would settle quick for a quick bankroll boast
    They won't say.

Hopefully it leaks out at some point.

I wonder if we will be seeing him in $10k events this year at the WSOP. Hope he ends up at my Limit Holdem table.

Load Metric
    They won't say.

I wonder if we will be seeing him in $10k events this year at the WSOP. Hope he ends up at my Limit Holdem table.
    That way when he refuses to act you can stand up slam his head against the rail and .... wait why is it a good thing?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    They won't say.

guy will be my ABSOLUTE GOD if hes spotted in the $111,111 one drop on the 1st wknd. And if hes spotted there the entire month ALSO ABSOLUTE GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unbelievably, Delta made the same mistake as United two weeks later, on April 23.

In this case, a family of five was traveling from Maui to Los Angeles. It was two parents, an 18-year-old, and two small children, one being 2 years old. The original plan was to buy 4 seats and hold the 2 year old as a "lap kid" without a seat.

However, the 18-year-old flew back himself on an earlier flight, and the parents figured they could simply let the 2-year-old take over that seat without officially changing it.

Nope!

The family boarded the plane without issue, and no one raised any problem with the unofficial transfer from the 18-year-old to the 2-year-old.

However, upon noticing the flight was overbooked, Delta decided they were going to grab that seat back, citing that it had never been officially transferred.

When the parents refused at first, they were threatened with jail and to possibly lose their kids to foster care (!!)

Of course, there's a video:

The airline employees attempted to state various rules and laws which supposedly justified their actions. However, they either lied, or were misinformed.

First, they claimed that federal regulations prevent the transfer of the ticket from one name to the other. That's not true. This is allowed by federal law, provided that the new passenger can be entered into a database and quickly determined not to be a threat (which a 2-year-old obviously would not be!)

Second, they claimed that children 2 years old and under have to be in their parent's lap, and cannot occupy a seat! This is 100% INCORRECT, and in fact the opposite is recommended -- that the parents purchase a seat and strap a car seat onto it to house the baby.

They also failed to explain why the family was ultimately kicked off the flight. They weren't even allowed to back down and just hold the child on their lap, and give up that 4th seat!

Most notably, there is no dispute that the seat in question was paid for by this family. So basically the airline wanted them to give up the 4th seat they paid for, because a 2-year-old was going to occupy it instead of an 18-year-old. They cited bogus reasons why this was necessary, and then kicked the entire family off the plane for no reason.

My favorite part of the video was when the manager ultimately denying their requests said she "came over as a courtesy" -- even though no courtesy at all was being extended. I despise when employees try to tell me of a "courtesy" they are doing for me, when in reality it's either something I'm entitled to by law, or they simply aren't doing me any favors.

The guy in the video handled it very well, and brought up a lot of great points.

Unbelievable that Delta would do this just 2 weeks after the United controversy.

The family paid $2,000 extra to fly home the next day.

Upon being shamed on social media, Delta "reached out" to the family, gave them the $2,000 BACK, and "additional compensation".

I think it's time to end overbooking permanently.

Load Metric
    It is shocking Delta would do this right after the media coverage but at the end of the day when we say this company or that company what we are really saying is that moronic person and that moronic person.

People are making these decisions, people are as a whole, stupid.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fluffer is this true?

A man in Australia is suing American Airlines after he was seated next to two obese people for a fourteen-hour flight – an ordeal which he claims caused permanent back and neck injuries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...se-passengers/
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Have it from a very high powered lawyer in CA that the settlement was in the 2.5 million range. It was settled within 30 days with no trial or court dates. Also a ND agreement was put into place.

Comments

thesidedish: INSIDE SOURCE FTW

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Bahama View Post
    Have it from a very high powered lawyer in CA that the settlement was in the 2.5 million range. It was settled within 30 days with no trial or court dates. Also a ND agreement was put into place.

A number only a degen could justify, so low.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Bahama View Post

lol they'd have made this guy wait for years if they had gone to court.

always settle.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

lol they'd have made this guy wait for years if they had gone to court.

always settle.
    I would have waited it out or at least moved forward as if a trial was coming, the settlement would go WAY up. This all happened too fast for sure, they are laughing at their luck a degen was involved.

Load Metric
    United Airlines is at it again (fucking with passengers to make their own jobs easier). This time with a classical violinist's ridic expensive violin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.80d63488ae94

Name:  IMG_5921.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  79.7 KB

Excerpt:
    Correia, a classical violinist on her way to play in the summer season at the Missouri Symphony Orchestra, asked for an airport supervisor. But the supervisor said there were no other options. The violin had to be checked.

Her attorney, Phil MacNaughton, recounted what happened from there. Correia told the supervisor, “I can’t not take my violin on board. I’ll pay the money. I’ll take another flight. Just tell me what I can do.”

As the altercation intensified, Correia told the agents that she would appeal to their bosses and asked the supervisor for her name, MacNaughton said. The supervisor said she wanted Correia’s name and reached for the tag on her luggage.

“Without provocation, the supervisor for the Chicago-based carrier then lunged for Ms. Correia’s case and, incredibly, tried to wrestle it away from the musician,” said a statement written by MacNaughton.

“I start screaming, ‘Help, help, help, can somebody record what’s happening because this lady’s trying to take my personal suitcase from me,’” Correia told Houston NBC-affiliate KPRC.

The supervisor said she was going to call security, and Correia apparently responded, “Please do.” Then the supervisor dashed off. That was the last Correia saw of her.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Other airline follies in 2017:

Mentally ill United pilot was cleared to fly, and would have taken off if there hadn't been a passenger revolt
    (February)

Passenger kicked off Delta flight for going to the bathroom before takeoff (April)

I actually understand the plight of airlines, as there are a lot of crazy/unreasonable passengers, and they need strong federal laws to protect them and give them authority in tough situations.

However, now the airlines have taken this as carte blanche to abuse passengers and act irrationally themselves, which is just as bad as having weak laws where they can't properly control unruly passengers.

Silver
    Load Metric
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/17/news...nse/index.html
    I actually have my own post-9/11 seat moving story, which I've told before on radio.

I paid extra money for Economy Plus (extra legroom) in 2012, but didn't know about those sites where you could look up seats on airplanes for faults.

So the seats I chose couldn't recline, and I didn't know this until I boarded. The airlines should really warn you about this before you pay EXTRA for such seats, but they don't.

Anyway, I was very unhappy with the situation. I knew there was nothing I could do about it, so I didn't complain at first. However, after they closed the airplane doors, I noticed 3 other empty Economy Plus seats nearby, and those COULD recline!

I went to the stewardess and asked if I could move, and explained why. She got really bitchy with me right off the bat, lecturing me, "Those are your seats, and you can't move." I tried to keep as calm as possible, because I didn't want to get kicked from the plane for being a disruption. I tried to softly reason with her, explaining that I paid extra for these seats and had no idea they couldn't recline, and how I would be happy to move after takeoff when it was 100% clear no one was sitting there. She coldly responded, "You paid for legroom, not for recline. You need to return to your seat."

I was pissed and wanted to continue arguing, but knowing I was on an airplane in a post-9//11 world, I turned around and quietly sat down, accepting the crappy decision.

10 minutes after takeoff, she approached me again.

"Those seats over there... you can move now if you want."

I didn't understand why she changed her mind. Perhaps she cooled down in those 10 minutes and re-thought the situation.
    The new Ann Coulter story and her flight on Delta reminded me of this story for some reason ^

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I actually have my own post-9/11 seat moving story, which I've told before on radio.

I paid extra money for Economy Plus (extra legroom) in 2012, but didn't know about those sites where you could look up seats on airplanes for faults.

So the seats I chose couldn't recline, and I didn't know this until I boarded. The airlines should really warn you about this before you pay EXTRA for such seats, but they don't.

Anyway, I was very unhappy with the situation. I knew there was nothing I could do about it, so I didn't complain at first. However, after they closed the airplane doors, I noticed 3 other empty Economy Plus seats nearby, and those COULD recline!

I went to the stewardess and asked if I could move, and explained why. She got really bitchy with me right off the bat, lecturing me, "Those are your seats, and you can't move." I tried to keep as calm as possible, because I didn't want to get kicked from the plane for being a disruption. I tried to softly reason with her, explaining that I paid extra for these seats and had no idea they couldn't recline, and how I would be happy to move after takeoff when it was 100% clear no one was sitting there. She coldly responded, "You paid for legroom, not for recline. You need to return to your seat."

I was pissed and wanted to continue arguing, but knowing I was on an airplane in a post-9//11 world, I turned around and quietly sat down, accepting the crappy decision.

10 minutes after takeoff, she approached me again.

"Those seats over there... you can move now if you want."

I didn't understand why she changed her mind. Perhaps she cooled down in those 10 minutes and re-thought the situation.
    The new Ann Coulter story and her flight on Delta reminded me of this story for some reason ^

I've tried to figure this one out, and there are clearly missing elements to the story.

Was Coulter really told that she had to change seats because of an "emergency"?

How did she "inadvertently" get moved out of a seat she chose and paid for?

Did Coulter raise issue with the flight crew at the time, or did she simply move and then quietly bash Delta on Twitter like a bitch?

I would need more information to determine who was right and wrong here, but at first glance, it actually looks like Coulter is right.

I actually dislike Coulter and think she's an embarrassment to conservatives, but it looks like Delta screwed up here, and their flippant response, making it about the $30 extra she paid, was very arrogant, dismissive, and off-putting.

It's not about the $30. It's about the legroom. Coulter is 6 feet tall, so it's understandable that she took a lot of care to get a seat with legroom, and I agree it's highly annoying when you spend extra time and effort researching the best legroom seat on the plane, pay for it, and then inexplicably lose it for nonsensical reasons.

Airlines have steadily been decreasing the legroom for coach seats over the years. At this point, extra-legroom seats for tall people are not a luxury -- they are a necessity. When the airline shits the bed and gives your legroom seat away, that's a big problem.

It's very possible that Coulter said nothing at the time, and then subsequently took to Twitter to bash the airline. However, even in such a situation, the airline should have taken the high road (especially since they legitimately seemed to have made a mistake), and apologized, rather than issued a nasty response to her.

I think their PR department was banking on the fact that Coulter is generally unpopular, but it's still not a good look.

I went back a few pages in this thread and re-read the arguments against my points regarding the seat change I wanted within the same section, and was floored by some of the idiocy I read. Airlines have been running roughshod over passengers for years now, empowered by favorable governmental/regulatory treatment due to its near collapse post 9/11. Selling a passenger an extra-cost "premium" seat with an undisclosed flaw (such as no recline) should be 1000% illegal, but it's not. But LOL @ anyone who thinks that a customer who is unhappy with that is "entitled" or at fault in any way.

At least the tide is finally turning on the airlines, and people are starting to rebel against what has been accepted as standard practice for the past 16 years. But there's a long way to go.

With that said, Canadian airlines are even worse.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

Please explain this part.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Name:  sorrey.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  10.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post

Please explain this part.
    You can correct me if I'm wrong.

It looks like with Canadian airlines, you have either Air Canada or a few budget airlines like Westjet.

The budget airlines all suck (in both the US and Canada), for reasons I don't need to get into.

Air Canada also sucks. Their policies are super-rigid and often nonsensical. They are understaffed. Even the food-for-purchase in coach, which is actually edible on US airlines, is horrible on Air Canada.

Then there's the "Rouge" situation, which borders upon being a scam.

Need I go on?

Load Metric
    I think Delta wanted a really active twitter handle that is super responsive to customers and issues and for that 8 hour shift they put it in the hands of someone who wasn't thinking. Now that they are getting kicked around by Ann Colter and her thousands of followers they (probably wisely) have shut it down until they can figure out the best way to apologize.

I think this is a trend you will see more and more of. People will need to start taking dedicated college classes to not say stupid shit while in control of the corporate twitter handle. It's not like the CEO was tweeting out those messages. It was probably some Jr Officer (or an intern) in the communications department that drew the short straw having to work on a Sunday.

Thread Information