Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ted-plane.html

Flight was overbook by United Airlines but they needed to make space for 4 of their employees.

Passenger they twatted before dragging him away was a doctor who had patients he needed to see the following day.

It was their fuck up and there's zero justification for this. Why people still travel to America I have no idea.

Comments

Charham: yikes

GrenadaRoger: keep up the good work---America is a terrible place and foreigners best stay away

Load Metric
    Barbaric is the perfect word.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Wow..... that guy just hit the powerball. Sucks that it happened but this is a lawsuit waiting to be filed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Wow..... that guy just hit the powerball. Sucks that it happened but this is a lawsuit waiting to be filed.

If he really is a doctor and had patients to see the next day, what's the over/under on the windfall?

$10 milly?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

If he really is a doctor and had patients to see the next day, what's the over/under on the windfall?

$10 milly?

Who does he claim against?

United said in a statement that the overbooking was on them, but not the way the removal was handled. Speak to law enforcement about that they said.

Police (or whoever they were) could say they were following the letter of the law, and him getting knocked out during the struggle was purely accidental.

Hope you're right tho and poor bastard does get paid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

$10 milly?

Who does he claim against?

United said in a statement that the overbooking was on them, but not the way the removal was handled. Speak to law enforcement about that they said.

Police (or whoever they were) could say they were following the letter of the law, and him getting knocked out during the struggle was purely accidental.

Hope you're right tho and poor bastard does get paid.
    If it was Canada or Europe he likely doesn't get much or anything.

This is the US he'll sue everyone from the airline to the cops to the airplane manufacturer (blaming the hard arm rests for hurting his head?)

Load Metric
    Obviously there was a better way to handle it, but this is another instance of a modern day culture where people do not respect the commands of police officers. All he had to do was get out of his seat, leave the plane, and explain his situation rationally to them not squeal like a three year old. I would assume that he is a smart man since he is supposedly a doctor so he should know that there is zero percent chance that his tantrum is changing the outcome. These are the circumstances where you comply with the orders and address the issue through legal channels.

Comments

ThreeBet: This could be said for 99.99% of all of these incidents

gut: Nope

dick: awful, are you LE?

Load Metric
    This sort of sums up where we are on personal liberties these days. Comply or get beat down. United should have kept raising the price for volunteers, there is some price people would have jumped at.
    Something like this rises to a civil matter i.e. ban the guy from United flights in the future or something. Can you imagine your kids watching this? Those coppers should have showed some restraint. Since when are they enforcers of United Airlines ticket policy overbooking. grrrrr. add: the LOL United corporate speak in response is pretty funny.https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017...at-ohare-video

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket:

gut: Yup

LegalizeMeth:

Dan Druff: correct
    Last edited by Charham; 04-10-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric

$10 milly?
    He doesn't deserve a penny. And why does it matter if he is a doctor? He is no more important than anyone else. I doubt he is doing life saving surgery the following morning.

The airline should have just kept increasing the bump credit until somebody took it. I am sure some Jew on the plane was eventually going to raise his hand.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    No I wouldnt cuz I wouldnt book with the shittiest airline on the continent. So there

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Airline deregulation was probably a bad idea.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    'Murica....motherfucking wild west out here.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ted-plane.html

Flight was overbook by United Airlines but they needed to make space for 4 of their employees.

Passenger they twatted before dragging him away was a doctor who had patients he needed to see the following day.

It was their fuck up and there's zero justification for this. Why people still travel to America I have no idea.
    'Just kill me': The moment bloodied United passenger mumbled about suicide after he was body-slammed by cops and dragged off overbooked flight to make room for airline STAFF
    One Chicago Aviation Department security officer was put on leave on Monday
    Chicago Police earlier said in a statement saying the passenger 'fell' into the seat
    United CEO has apologized for the incident amid mounting anger
    New video shows the man bleeding heavily from the mouth afer incident
    The man was filmed screaming, then being knocked out by cops and dragged off the overbooked United flight at Chicago O'Hare on Sunday night
    He was selected to give up his seat after no volunteers were found
    Passengers had to give up their seats for United staff who were needed in Louisville, Kentucky
    Passengers were offered $800 to take a flight the next day
    The man claimed to be a doctor who had to see patients the next day

'At approximately 6pm a 69-year-old male Asian airline passenger became irate after he was asked to disembark from a flight that was oversold,' a statement read.

'The passenger in question began yelling to voice his displeasure at which point Aviation Police were summoned. Aviation Officers arrived on scene attempted to carry the individual off of the flight when he fell.

'His head subsequently struck an armrest causing injuries to his face. The man was taken to Lutheran General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Ongoing investigation.'

The man - who claimed to be a doctor and said he needed to see patients the next morning - was one of four passengers selected by United to leave the 5.40pm flight from O'Hare to Louisville, Kentucky.
    Surprised the police didn't taser or shoot his ass.

This is typical treatment aboard United Airlines.

"We LOVE to FLY and IT SHOWS"

Load Metric
    Offered a free 800 plus hotel and no takers amongst a full flight? And they say people today have less money in their pockets.

But if i'm sat in my seat ready to take off and need to make my destination on time, then i'm kicking up a huge fuss in the same situ.

If the stars were aligned that day, then I reckon you would also see Druff getting his arse dragged down that aisle.

Load Metric
    Offered a free 800 plus hotel and no takers amongst a full flight? And they say people today have less money in their pockets.

But if i'm sat in my seat ready to take off and need to make my destination on time, then i'm kicking up a huge fuss in the same situ.

If the stars were aligned that day, then I reckon you would also see Druff getting his arse dragged down that aisle.
    Druff would be in first class lecturing the coach passenger as he was being dragged away.

Comments

SysOp: ROFL
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    I keep hearing people say that the flight was overbooked. To be clear, the flight was NOT overbooked. They removed 4 people from the plane to accommodate 4 of their buddies on STANDBY.

And their stock is still up 1% today. Putting United on my no-fly list. They were pretty much already there anyway

Comments

gut: Nope
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I keep hearing people say that the flight was overbooked. To be clear, the flight was NOT overbooked. They removed 4 people from the plane to accommodate 4 of their buddies on STANDBY.

And their stock is still up 1% today. Putting United on my no-fly list. They were pretty much already there anyway
    Right. This was a convenience issue for the airline. The four people where flight attendants they needed for a flight the next day out of Louisville.

United deserves some bad press here because they could have just upped the $$ and chose not too. That said the cops should be fired over this. The press release the cops issued is a fucking disgrace. Hey guys it's all on video - who the fuck are you trying to fool.

Name:  IMG_3203.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  207.5 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Druff would be in first class lecturing the coach passenger as he was being dragged away.

Reading some of his trip reports Druff would sit amongst the caged animals in cargo before upgrading to first.

Load Metric
    Like Druff would've passed on an $800 coupon
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Imagine if they wanted to drag sonatine off the plane? Aint nobody fitting a forklift thru them little as doors.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comments

GrenadaRoger: He could fit through the boarding hatch?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Thread Information