Thread: This is why you don't donate $$$ to mega churches

Load Metric

This is why you don't donate $$$ to mega churches

LOL @ this scumbag piece of shit...here is his facebook https://www.facebook.com/davidetaylorjmmi/

Comments

FPS_Russia: 80% of their profits should be owed in taxes, at least.

MumblesBadly: "You've list $2.844 million as an asset?" ... "Oh... That should more of a liability."

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: Wow, so sad.

Load Metric
    BUT GOD WANTS ME TO BUY THIS FUCKING GULF STREAM JET.

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    there's an entire john oliver segment about this and other mega churches.

It's the seed gospel.

plant a seed of $50, and write on that check where you want the seed to grow, and god will grow it.

these fucking imbeciles should be paying taxes.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

It's the seed gospel.

plant a seed of $50, and write on that check where you want the seed to grow, and god will grow it.

This is the first I've heard of "seed gospel", but I have encountered evangelists with that very philosophy. They gave me a pamphlet that included a story about a broke single mother who could barely afford to feed her kids, but still had the faith to give money to the church. She magically received huge checks in the mail shortly after.

It made me sick reading it and I told them as much.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

It's the seed gospel.

This is the first I've heard of "seed gospel", but I have encountered evangelists with that very philosophy. They gave me a pamphlet that included a story about a broke single mother who could barely afford to feed her kids, but still had the faith to give money to the church. She magically received huge checks in the mail shortly after.

It made me sick reading it and I told them as much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_La...tual_Exemption

it comes from this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabl...e_Growing_Seed

these dudes have been around since FOREVER. snake oil salesman.

there's actually a movie with Steve Martin called Leap Of Faith where he plays an evangelist (who is a fake).

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    can't forget this guy: Mike Murdock.

https://ivarfjeld.com/2011/01/26/mik...false-prophet/

I just saw his thing on late night TV when i was in the florida keys.

here if you wanna really be sick....

https://inspiration.org/christian-videos/uncommonseed/

Give and it will be Given to You
    When considering the blessings and joy that come from giving freely, the Bible asks “what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul” (Mark 8:36) when those gains are “choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life?” (Luke 8:14).

It may seem that many pleasures of daily life are currently being choked by the struggling global economy, but it is still God’s Word that encourages us to live a faith-filled life so we can enjoy the overflowing blessings He gives us regardless of current events.

Simply put, “a generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:25).

Knowing that you trust God while stepping out to honor Him with the seeds you sow is assurance that whatever measure you use will be measured back to you (Luke 6:38).
    it's really sad how people believe this shit.

edit:

more on Apostle Taylor:
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...-church-money/

there's more videos from this deposition in that article. wow this guy is dumb

and his response:

I also want to say thank you to all my supporters who have been so loving, and the support has been so overwhelming through this trial that a lot of you have seen. That deposition, those tapes, those videos, that was released out on me to attack my character. That was spliced and diced. And they didn’t tell you everything. They didn’t show you everything, all the information. So, you know, per our legal team, I can’t say too much about it right now, but I want you to know that I would never mishandle God’s money at all. And, uh, I would never misuse God’s resources.

My heart is to expand the kingdom of God. And that’s what we’re doing. So thank you for being patient. We’ll also be coming out with a statement to let you know the facts of everything. So if you will be patient and not rush to judgment, I would appreciate that.

So until next time, I come back to you, I just want to say “Merry Christmas.” And I’m so excited because I know when an attack like this come, God has something so great for the year 2016. It’s gonna be amazing. And what’s gonna happen for you is gonna be amazing. God bless you. And Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-02-2017 at 09:50 AM.

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    The "truth" about Apostle David E. Taylor

I swear to god this video is on their front page.

Load Metric
    I respect the hustle; these moronic believers need to be relieved of any/all excess funds.

Creflo Dollar is GOD
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I respect the hustle; these moronic believers need to be relieved of any/all excess funds.

Creflo Dollar is GOD
    The OP's video is pretty interesting. In the face of some pretty embarrassing evidence he maintained his composure and performed in the top 5% of people in similar situations.

You just gotta weather the storm and carry on. Sure there are going to be setbacks but if you survive you're still in the game. Never fold.

Reminds me of Hillary.

Excellent hustle and strong game.

He is inspirational indeed.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Creflo Dollar is GOD
    The OP's video is pretty interesting. In the face of some pretty embarrassing evidence he maintained his composure and performed in the top 5% of people in similar situations.

You just gotta weather the storm and carry on. Sure there are going to be setbacks but if you survive you're still in the game. Never fold.

Reminds me of Hillary.

You can see him going from I can probably weasel my way out of this to complete despair with extreme nervous ticks all over the place pretty quickly. Almost immediately he goes from soft spoken to snapping at her about the house.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Reminds me of Hillary.

You can see him going from I can probably weasel my way out of this to complete despair with extreme nervous ticks all over the place pretty quickly. Almost immediately he goes from soft spoken to snapping at her about the house.
    I dunno. Maybe it's my sunny approach to life. I didn't notice them too much.

I follow his NFL picks. But I also think TMMLK is god.

Seahawks 48-3

Comments

lewfather: Prophecy locks ftw

Thread Information