Thread: Report: America's Cardroom removes million dollar jackpot after people paid into it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Report: America's Cardroom removes million dollar jackpot after people paid into it

This is an incomplete and unconfirmed report, but I am hearing rumblings of it, so I will put it out there and see if anyone can give me more information.

Supposedly ACR has some version of Pokerstars' Spin-n-Gos, and one of the prizes is a million dollars.

I am hearing that ACR just abruptly removed the million dollar prize (which built up from over-raking the games to pay for it) without actually awarding it.

I asked if it's possible that they perhaps just transferred the other prizes to occur more often, in place of the million dollars, and I haven't gotten an answer to that yet.

But if they really did just remove a prize that users paid into, without actually awarding it, then we definitely have a scandal on our hands.

Anyone know about this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    :moonlanding

They have been gone for a few weeks but are likely to return n a few months. The Network wanted to promote it's new SNG 2.0 which is a 9 man sit and go with a jackpot variant to it which they put in $100k to start it out.

It frustrates people because nobody won the million and I believe a bunch of 6.9k ones went off which is the third highest prize.

Winning Poker Network defense is that the odds of pulling it are always the same so lets say they put them back up someone might win the first day before WPN has collected a million of money that was funneled up to the top to pay out.

This network has some goons in charge but if they hold true to bringing them back as it was a promotion then I don't see a big problem with it. I even played a bunch too because they were super soft.

Thread Information